a change in the rules

do you think commander shold have the same 24 hour change rule as officers do?

Poll ended at Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:28 pm

yes
42%
no
58%

Total votes: 12
[ZerO]
Forum Irregular
ID: 0
Location: a place where my thoughts..my being hold no value....my mind

a change in the rules

admin, its seems to me that it isnt fair that as an officer, i can change commanders only once in a 24 hour period, but the commanders can dismiss you a minute after you make them your commander. with this in place, the officers get screwed for 24 hours and the commanders are affected in no way at all. I just think it is an unfair advantage on the part of the commanders if (like in my case) the commander is worried about the officer getting a better ranking than him. (my situation happened on the quantum server and the commander wanted to insure that i do not exceed him, not im on ppt with 3 days leftbefore the reset and i have to waste one day commanderless) commander should be governed by the same 24 hour rule. They should not be able to dismiss an officer for 24 hours, or change it to 12 hours in both cases. lemme know what you think, i am interested to hear your input. -sekhmet
Lørd Søbek
Forum Irregular

they have it that way so officers cant leach off a commander. If they do and the commander doesnt want them sucking their income, they can dissmiss them.
Jean Gregoire Gabriel
Revolution of the Mods

Honours and Awards

Shouldn't a commander-officer relationship be mutual? The current settings allow both people to choose who they have as their commander, and to a limited extent, who they want as their officer.

If you keep on getting dismissed, it's because the commander doesn't want you. Not his/her fault.

J.G.G.
Revolutionary
Eternal Usul
"Special Title"
Race: Goa'uld System Lord
ID: 19701
Alternate name(s): Xjba#1819(battle.net)
Eternal Usul(Steam)

This gives commanders the ability to get rid of players who "join" them without asking permission. That way you can't freeload off of a high ranked commander.

How about it works like an alliance; you must ask, and the commander must approve. Then, if they approve, you are their officer for 24 hours garunteed.

Make sense?
"Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife - chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now, it's complete because it's ended here."

-"Collected Sayings of Muad'dib"
[ZerO]
Forum Irregular

i dont "keep on getting dismissed"
Lørd Søbek
Forum Irregular

than whats the problem?
[ZerO]
Forum Irregular

i actually like that option usul. that sounds like a fair way to do it. see he had no problems with me this morning, but when he noticed that my rank was jumping up he pm'ed me about it then dismissed me. That was chicken **Filtered**.
Lørd Søbek
Forum Irregular

still its his decision who he commands. if he sees fit to dismiss u becuase he feels thraetened by ur power than u should be proud and move on :D
[ZerO]
Forum Irregular

i still think that there should be a change, and i think usuls suggestions is the best so far
Lørd Søbek
Forum Irregular

as do i. I think i was mislead by ur first post. It sounded like if u join someone they cant dismiss u for 24 hours and have no say in it. But usul's idea is good :P
[ZerO]
Forum Irregular

well hopefully the game runners will see this and decide to implement the changes usul suggested
daivahataka
Forum Irregular

The only way this should be allowed is if a potential commander has to verify his/her acceptance of an officer before the person becomes their officer, the amount of people who've latched onto me without even so much as a curtious hello in this wave, even though I've repeatedly stated on the forums that I'm playing this wave on my own and want neither a commander or officers.
Sleipnir
Merriest Mod in the West

Honours and Awards

Outrageous. The commander has the say in this because he is in command. I think a commander should be given more authority over his officers, not less. If you join a commander without his approval, he has every right to kick you, right then, not after 24h. I think a commander should be given the option to block officers from joining, or approve them before they join. The latter seems more logical cause it would be mostly copy-paste from alliances.

As soon as you build an idiot proof system, somebody else builds a better idiot.

If it moves, kill it. If it doesn't move, kick it until it does move, and then kill it.
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin
Alliance: EPA
Race: Tauri

Honours and Awards

Sleipnir wrote:Outrageous. The commander has the say in this because he is in command. I think a commander should be given more authority over his officers, not less. If you join a commander without his approval, he has every right to kick you, right then, not after 24h. I think a commander should be given the option to block officers from joining, or approve them before they join. The latter seems more logical cause it would be mostly copy-paste from alliances.

Agree with Sleip - additionally, if the 24 hour thing was introduced, then an oficer could join a commander to simply stop getting attacked for 24 hours, since you cannot attack your officers.

Yeah - Usul's idea seems fair - in that officers should apply to a commander and then the commander approves/rejects - if this is implemented then I believe that the time commitment should be increased for both Commander and Officer.
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
Chris M
Forum Expert
Race: System Lord
ID: 13122

Usul wrote:This gives commanders the ability to get rid of players who "join" them without asking permission. That way you can't freeload off of a high ranked commander.

How about it works like an alliance; you must ask, and the commander must approve. Then, if they approve, you are their officer for 24 hours garunteed.

Make sense?

gr8 point!

Return to “Suggestions Archive”