Male/female

Fish
Forum Grunt

Male/female

Well I got suggestion. My suggesstion is when you going to attack or send someone a message. The site should show you the user is male or female. So you know what you going to say to them.
Chris M
Forum Expert
Race: System Lord
ID: 13122

just so you can sweet talk the females???
oh, sorry, i didnt realise you were a girl :lol: :roll:

not needed really!
treat everyone the same.
buck
The Main Event
Race: Degenerate
ID: 16843

Honours and Awards

we should have some sort of thing that shows how many sabbings theyve done..not a stat but like after there name it says baddass or meany lol that would be amuseing for a short while
Spoiler
2006 -
Poster of the Year
2007 -
Runner up signature of the Year
Runner up most improved player of the Year
Runner up hero of the Year
Alliance war of the year (CIA vs COP)
2008-
Hall of Fame
2009-
Runner up Hero of the Year
2010-
Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Tekki)
Runner up Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Darthudd)

Noteworthy alliances-
Omega
Mayhem
Radical Minority
Nemesis Sect
Warlords of Briton

Previous affiliations-
TL
Ricos
DDE
The Tok'ra
The OOC
The SLA

Missed and dear friends -
Too Many to count, but never forgotten.
Code:
"Now I Don't like you, I don't respect you, and I sure as hell don't fear you. But seeing how your standing in the middle of my yard, I will break you."
Connect
Forum Newbie

Re: Male/female

Inuit Goa'uld wrote:Well I got suggestion. My suggesstion is when you going to attack or send someone a message. The site should show you the user is male or female. So you know what you going to say to them.

I don thing that this is good. Maybe some people don t want that someone now ho are they female or men
I Replicate
Forum Intermediate
ID: 0

Re: Male/female

Connect wrote:
Inuit Goa'uld wrote:Well I got suggestion. My suggesstion is when you going to attack or send someone a message. The site should show you the user is male or female. So you know what you going to say to them.

I don thing that this is good. Maybe some people don t want that someone now ho are they female or men

Then there could possibly be an "Unknown" option... but I think that would be distrubing for whoever chooses that one, but whatever ;)
agapooka
Semper Ubi Sub Ubi

Honours and Awards

I like this suggestion actually :P. I'd just pick the "known" option... wouldn't say much eh? :P But sure, I,d liek to know what other players are :).

Also, I think there should be a way that people can rate a user.
Yay Boo
What Asgards think of me: (2) (3)
What Tauri think of me: (0) (999)
What Goa'uld think of me: (2) (87)
What repli think of me: (99) (0)
What guys think of me:
What gals think of me:
What players think of me in general:
etc.

:P

Something like that, you can only cast your ballot once per month for a player. :)
Agapooka wrote:The argument that because a premise cannot be proven false, it must be true, is known as a Negative Proof Fallacy in logic.
Mister Sandman wrote:Nothing at all near the negative proof fallacy in logic. If it cannot be proven false, it has to be true.
Pooka's UU Market Loyalty Card:

Rudy Pena: 1 stamp!

A Spider: 1 stamp!
Psi Kiya Trist
The Timeless One
ID: 4266

Honours and Awards

Agapooka wrote:I like this suggestion actually :P. I'd just pick the "known" option... wouldn't say much eh? :P But sure, I,d liek to know what other players are :).

Also, I think there should be a way that people can rate a user.
Yay Boo
What Asgards think of me: (2) (3)
What Tauri think of me: (0) (999)
What Goa'uld think of me: (2) (87)
What repli think of me: (99) (0)
What guys think of me:
What gals think of me:
What players think of me in general:
etc.

:P

Something like that, you can only cast your ballot once per month for a player. :)

this is a game, not a dating service, i don't think this is really nessasary, or this whole idea even.

but hey, what can i do as a player?
i vote no.

~_+Psi Kiya Trist+_~
buck wrote:well psi, upkeeping order in the universe does play its tricks on your mind...
agapooka
Semper Ubi Sub Ubi

Honours and Awards

LOL. I'm just trying to make Forum richer, sheesh, being Santa Clause, and knowing what his kids want for Christmas, I have to find ways for him to generate more income, etc. :P, especially since my elves got unionised, theyn got really lazy. :(
Agapooka wrote:The argument that because a premise cannot be proven false, it must be true, is known as a Negative Proof Fallacy in logic.
Mister Sandman wrote:Nothing at all near the negative proof fallacy in logic. If it cannot be proven false, it has to be true.
Pooka's UU Market Loyalty Card:

Rudy Pena: 1 stamp!

A Spider: 1 stamp!
Fish
Forum Grunt

sure

ok I was just asking. It not a big deal.
Quina Quen
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Diamond Dust

How many females are going to purposely declare themselves as males because of drooling apes who think it really is a dating service as Psi so rightly put? The idea would cause all sorts of problems.
The ascended entity formerly known as Diamond Dust
daivahataka
Forum Irregular

All I can see this causing is guys harassing girls. Heck in FFXI I'm running a female character and as a result I have blokes trying to chat me up, offering me stuff for my time etc... just because they think there might be some slim chance I'm actually also a girl in real life.
Guys are creepy! At least until you point out to them that in spite of playing a female character you're actually a bloke, then they go away, hopefully to remind themselves that they need to get a life, the internet was not created to harrass members of the opposite sex.

I've seen the gender thing cause problems on too many forums, as too many guys will just act downright desperate on-line, to possible consider this a good idea.
Lord Dougy
First Evil Ori Assasin

daivahataka wrote:All I can see this causing is guys harassing girls. Heck in FFXI I'm running a female character and as a result I have blokes trying to chat me up, offering me stuff for my time etc... just because they think there might be some slim chance I'm actually also a girl in real life.
Guys are creepy! At least until you point out to them that in spite of playing a female character you're actually a bloke, then they go away, hopefully to remind themselves that they need to get a life, the internet was not created to harrass members of the opposite sex.

I've seen the gender thing cause problems on too many forums, as too many guys will just act downright desperate on-line, to possible consider this a good idea.

don't forget the girls harassing guys, some of them can be quite forward! 8)
---->Lord Dougy<---- aka _lord_dark_

Bow down to the First Ori :twisted:
daivahataka
Forum Irregular

I think though, the usual response from guys to that is:
"I'm going to get laid! Yes!"
Sad to say but we tend to think with our little leg far more than females tend to think with whatever you want to refer to their bits as. ......................................................................................................
...........................................................................................................
...........................................................................................................

Decided to save you from the long rant I had typed out and just give the summary of: Guys and girls think very differently in most non-basic (food-good, sleep-good, I like being happy, etc...) respects.

Though then there are some where we're very alike, e.g. how guys think girls will believe that the genuinely do buy Playboy for the articles or whatever, had a girl once try tell me that she enjoys watching guys playing sport because they get so passionate (yeah, sure, has nothing to do with fit guys running about all sweaty, right :roll: ). lol
Ramius
Fledgling Forumer
Race: Goauld

daivahataka wrote:All I can see this causing is guys harassing girls. Heck in FFXI I'm running a female character and as a result I have blokes trying to chat me up, offering me stuff for my time etc... just because they think there might be some slim chance I'm actually also a girl in real life.

That is creepy. I don't think I would harass any girls, if you want to annoy a girl, get a girlfriend. But some people are just really desperate. This idea is slightly okay, if there aren't any sexists or wackos palying the game. I would hate to call one of my friends here "he" and than find out that its "she" :oops:
Sleipnir
Merriest Mod in the West

Honours and Awards

Ramius wrote:I would hate to call one of my friends here "he" and than find out that its "she" :oops:

Why? It's not like its that big of a deal. It's not like she's gonna think: OMG I have a mustache? You can't see them, so accidentaly mixing up genders doesn't seem like a major offense to me. Not like when someone on the street spots her in her short skirt, long hair, high heels, and goes: "Hey MR." That would be a different thing altogether. Ok, time to stop rambling :)

As soon as you build an idiot proof system, somebody else builds a better idiot.

If it moves, kill it. If it doesn't move, kick it until it does move, and then kill it.

Return to “Suggestions Archive”