Immorality

Specific to server: "GateWars: Battle of the Ascended"
Angelus
Forum Grunt
ID: 0

I sold this guy the account with the ascended points (2005 in total i think). Bought it, upgraded and gave it to a friend, then he didn't use it so sold it to Aku Sparks for 60k untrained.

He is trying to pay off debts brougfht about by his cheating brother who conned people out of untrained. I am not getting involved, but just a FYI.

And the new minimum ascension limits for resources will still mean that the account can't ascend
Last edited by Angelus on Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Wintermute
Fledgling Forumer

For those of you telling curious to chill, that it's only a game...he sounds like he's playing the role of an ascended being, and this is an MMORPG last time I chaecked. The ascended for the most part in the show don't want people to ascend unless they can do it all on their own. I'm certain they would freak out if someone tried to buy ascension.

So it's actually only normal that ascended beings in the game would feel the same way and want to descend those who couldn't ascend by themselves.

Of course, like in the show, some people disagree and want to help others ascend.
CthulhuSpawn
Fledgling Forumer

Wintermute wrote:For those of you telling curious to chill, that it's only a game...he sounds like he's playing the role of an ascended being, and this is an MMORPG last time I chaecked. The ascended for the most part in the show don't want people to ascend unless they can do it all on their own. I'm certain they would freak out if someone tried to buy ascension.

So it's actually only normal that ascended beings in the game would feel the same way and want to descend those who couldn't ascend by themselves.

Of course, like in the show, some people disagree and want to help others ascend.

Alot of people have Ascended in the show through means that wouldnt be considered honest! LIKE DANIEL MAYBE!....He Ascended twice even though the second time he shouldnt have....
(\_/)
(0.0)
(><)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this message into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination.
YEA BUNNY!!
I Replicate
Forum Intermediate

CthulhuSpawn wrote:
Wintermute wrote:For those of you telling curious to chill, that it's only a game...he sounds like he's playing the role of an ascended being, and this is an MMORPG last time I chaecked. The ascended for the most part in the show don't want people to ascend unless they can do it all on their own. I'm certain they would freak out if someone tried to buy ascension.

Alot of people have Ascended in the show through means that wouldnt be considered honest! LIKE DANIEL MAYBE!....He Ascended twice even though the second time he shouldnt have....

woah, when was the second time...
if your reffering to the end of s8, he wasnt ascended quite yet... he was stuck in the choice whether to ascend or die, and he never actually chose before he got sent back anyway
CthulhuSpawn
Fledgling Forumer

Jaxin wrote:
CthulhuSpawn wrote:

woah, when was the second time...
if your reffering to the end of s8, he wasnt ascended quite yet... he was stuck in the choice whether to ascend or die, and he never actually chose before he got sent back anyway

But he was helped, and Anubis tricked that lady into helping him Ascend. And then Anubis made that artifical Ascending thingy...
(\_/)
(0.0)
(><)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this message into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination.
YEA BUNNY!!
curiousmanners
Fledgling Forumer

The Path to enlightenment may be reserved for those who are pure of spirit and open in mind.

to those of you ascended beings who walk outside the line of morality i turn a deaf ear to you you try and talk but all you get is an answering machine that simply states

"Though a candle burns in my house, no one's home"
Last remaining warrior of the APMT
Skyflame
Fledgling Forumer

Well there is only 1 way to prove you are a TRUE ascended!

Come up with a proverb of some sort!
Want me to make you an avatar? PM me in here or in SGW, or e-mail me on skyflame@platinumrealms.com!
agapooka
Semper Ubi Sub Ubi

Honours and Awards

Yeah, I made one.

"Men are judges without authority, men are authorities without judgement."

I mean men in a sense of humanity as a whole, not gender. But of course, you guys are also ascended and should be able to understand my global perpective. :P
Agapooka wrote:The argument that because a premise cannot be proven false, it must be true, is known as a Negative Proof Fallacy in logic.
Mister Sandman wrote:Nothing at all near the negative proof fallacy in logic. If it cannot be proven false, it has to be true.
Pooka's UU Market Loyalty Card:

Rudy Pena: 1 stamp!

A Spider: 1 stamp!
Skyflame
Fledgling Forumer

Hmmm...

"Never run with scissors"

Hows that?
Want me to make you an avatar? PM me in here or in SGW, or e-mail me on skyflame@platinumrealms.com!
saab92x
Forum Grunt

"He who lives in fear, dies a thousand deaths. He who lives without fear, dies but once. He who follows the path of enlightenment shall live forever"

Hallowed are the ORI

:D
Silent Todd
Forum Grunt

I've got to agree with CthulhuSpawn. It's just a game, I'm sure not everyone who has ascended got there through pure honest play. I'm also certain that there are people who essentially paid to get there. That is what buying an ascended account is, you just pay a little more for a greater benefit. This is not meant to be a criticism of anyone, I just don't see the difference between this and buying UU or turns. Anyone who buys enough UU or turns can ascend with little difficulty.
Lord Dougy
First Evil Ori Assasin

arh but the point of buy turns and UU isn't through real money, but naq which is earned. Buying an account is from real cash and is just a cheap way of joining the best players.

u say we all have cheated in a way at some point (pure honest), well apart from buying turns and trade of that sort, i havn't exploited any bug, mostly coz i don't look out for them and only find them out too late.
---->Lord Dougy<---- aka _lord_dark_

Bow down to the First Ori :twisted:
Silent Todd
Forum Grunt

Lord Dougy wrote:arh but the point of buy turns and UU isn't through real money, but naq which is earned. Buying an account is from real cash and is just a cheap way of joining the best players.

u say we all have cheated in a way at some point (pure honest), well apart from buying turns and trade of that sort, i havn't exploited any bug, mostly coz i don't look out for them and only find them out too late.

No, my point is I DON'T think its cheating. Because you aren't exploiting bugs. And it is definately possible to purchase UU and turns for real money, both by purchasing SS and PPT for people and straight up paypal cash transfers. I realize that we would not have the ascended server if it were not for the ability to purchase SS and PPT. Any time you have a game like this where it takes a long time to build up your character you will have people selling accounts. I remember hearing about ridiculous amounts of money being spend on Everquest accounts back in the day.

I just believe that most people who buy SS and PPT do it for their accounts, not to help the game (I'm not criticizing, that is simply a fact). So all things aside - if you can justify buying SS and PPT to build your account, and you can justify buying UU and Turns to build up your account, why have a problem with buying an Ascended account, or one that has the capability to do so. People always have UU for sale, what if someone said give me $100 and I will send you 500,000 UU - That's as good as selling someone ascention in my book, but I'm willing to bet less people would have a problem with it.

*For the record, I haven't spent a dime on this game and it sorta bugs me when people abuse the ability. But in reality, it's all just shades of gray
Skyflame
Fledgling Forumer

Well, forum said he was gonna limit the amounts of ppt you can go on per week soon...so all those people who climb up to the top by buying their way up will soon be SLIGHTLY limited...but they can still buy turns and units from people however...

While I am still against the idea of somebody buying an asension account (buying the units and naq to get here is fine...it shows determination) there isn't much we can do about it, except find people who did and take it from there... :twisted:

Nah, good luck to them. ;-)

Return to “Ascended General”