more realistic asgard tech.

assgard

more realistic asgard tech.

I think you should be able to leave a % of your naq (or/and) troops, because it almost useless.
Psi Kiya Trist
The Timeless One
ID: 4266

Honours and Awards

Re: more realistic asgard tech.

assgard wrote:I think you should be able to leave a % of your naq (or/and) troops, because it almost useless.

care to enlarge on your idea?

alot of people think the asgard tech is OVERpowered...

~_+Psi Kiya Trist+_~
buck wrote:well psi, upkeeping order in the universe does play its tricks on your mind...
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin
Alliance: EPA
Race: Tauri
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

assgard wrote:I think you should be able to leave a % of your naq (or/and) troops, because it almost useless.

Er - don't quite know what you mean by this!

And Psi is right - the Asgard probably have the best advantage in the game with their high defence - as nobody can steal their naq! Okay, so it is not evident in the early days of a neew account - but take a look at some of the Asgard outthere who are quite happily sat with 80 - 120 million naq, nicely protected behind defences of 2 -3 billion.
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
RepliMagni
Forum Addict
Alliance: Loner :P
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1908448

And because you're attack needs to be 1/4 or 1/5 (I can never remember) of their defence it makes them a lot less vulnerable to mass attacks....anyone that tries are looking at some hefty repair bills. :wink:

The Asgard should still lose something when we hit their hologram...a loss of power leading to the next person to attack having no losses? (So if you attack straight after you're not getting totally screwed by the hologram) :lol:
agapooka
Semper Ubi Sub Ubi

Honours and Awards

Because Asgards invest so much on their defense, you have no idea how FUN it is to just sab their 20k weapons away for pure enjoyment. Being replicator is seriosuly the best way to screw over an Asgard :D
Agapooka wrote:The argument that because a premise cannot be proven false, it must be true, is known as a Negative Proof Fallacy in logic.
Mister Sandman wrote:Nothing at all near the negative proof fallacy in logic. If it cannot be proven false, it has to be true.
Pooka's UU Market Loyalty Card:

Rudy Pena: 1 stamp!

A Spider: 1 stamp!
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin

Honours and Awards

Magni wrote:And because you're attack needs to be 1/4 or 1/5 (I can never remember) of their defence it makes them a lot less vulnerable to mass attacks....anyone that tries are looking at some hefty repair bills. :wink:

The Asgard should still lose something when we hit their hologram...a loss of power leading to the next person to attack having no losses? (So if you attack straight after you're not getting totally screwed by the hologram) :lol:

That's a point actually - I'm assuming if you encounter the hologram thing that the Asgard have no damage whatsoever, and no troops losses...

But with the Tauri 'Rapid Evacuation Technology, we still incur damage to our weapons....

and...... if we attack a hologram, why do our weapons get damaged!!!
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
agapooka
Semper Ubi Sub Ubi

Honours and Awards

The more you use an object, the more they get used up, also ammo costs, etc.
Agapooka wrote:The argument that because a premise cannot be proven false, it must be true, is known as a Negative Proof Fallacy in logic.
Mister Sandman wrote:Nothing at all near the negative proof fallacy in logic. If it cannot be proven false, it has to be true.
Pooka's UU Market Loyalty Card:

Rudy Pena: 1 stamp!

A Spider: 1 stamp!
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin

Honours and Awards

Agapooka wrote:The more you use an object, the more they get used up, also ammo costs, etc.

Thanks for making my point - with the Tauri tech, we still take on damage - which costs naq to repair. But with the Asgard Tech, it costs them nothing!!!
Mod Speak
NoDot
Forum Irregular

Agapooka wrote:The more you use an object, the more they get used up, also ammo costs, etc.
I'm going to defend their point of view and say, unless it's a very sophisticated piece of work, shouldn't the costs be minimal, because you should realize rather quickly you're attacking a hologram...
Trade Feedback Thread for NoDot
You recieved 980 Naquadriah in exchange for 490,000 Units!
Don't! Just...don't!
daivahataka
Forum Irregular

Wolf359 wrote:And Psi is right - the Asgard probably have the best advantage in the game with their high defence - as nobody can steal their naq! Okay, so it is not evident in the early days of a neew account - but take a look at some of the Asgard outthere who are quite happily sat with 80 - 120 million naq, nicely protected behind defences of 2 -3 billion.

I imagine many of the better ranked Goa'uld can get away with this too since they tend to have a high defence too.
Esker
Forum Irregular
Race: System Lord
ID: 4507

Agapooka wrote:Being replicator is seriosuly the best way to screw over an Asgard :D

Just for the record, i've done the same thing, and I assure you this Goa'uld has done much more damage through sabos than you have, dear replicator. :P

- Esker
"...He intends to wipe out anyone in his way...
...watch your back my friends... Esker is in town."
Setesh
Lord of the Abyss
ID: 89014

:D silly lego
[00:52:43] chacho67430: Di... setesh says thanks
[00:53:03] DeathIncarnator: someone kill setesh
Extremer wrote:I shall Enter TheLion
[4:54:59 PM] robert_paul97: (gay)
[4:55:08 PM] robert_paul97: (gaypartty)
[4:55:14 PM] robert_paul97: not work

Return to “Suggestions Archive”