Star Trek VS Star Wars (and anything inbetween.)

Where players can relax and discuss their favorite TV shows a*WARNING* spoilers may abound *WARNING*
Grand Admiral Martin
Forum Expert
Alliance: I serve only myself.
Race: Ascended Irish
ID: 33984

Bad Wolf wrote:
Corran Horn wrote:
We can mind-trick Picard as we wish.

Im pretty sure anyone can.... lol

BW

hahahahahaha

I read a bell boy in some hotel walked in on patrick stewart watching old episodes of Star trek TNG alone. lol
Londo Mollari
Lawnmower
Alliance: Serenity
Race: Jinchuriki

depends on if we are talking abt all possible races from both of them

Klingons > Wookies?

Vulcans > Jedi?

Borg > everyone lol

Kue (sp?) > everyone :-D
Mordack wrote: I'd probably go gay for Benjamin Linus. He's everything I want to be.
Speaking as a Mod
Apadizamek
Forum Spammer
Race: Goauld
ID: 1925332

sgt.johnkeel wrote:depends on if we are talking abt all possible races from both of them

Klingons > Wookies?

Vulcans > Jedi?

Borg > everyone lol

Kue (sp?) > everyone :-D

Q :wink:

they have fought fighters before actually, in one episode the crew is mind controlled by some alien and they come in contact with these fighters, three shots and all twenty fighters are gone.
AncientAnubis wrote:Would you be worthy of being a God if you didn't have an overinflated ego?
Fear Of The Duck
Forum Zombie

cos them fighters weren't the Rogues
The Xeno
n00b prophet
ID: 0

Moved to TV chat... Less traffic I know, but more appropriate.
Come_Forth
Forum Expert

Patrick wrote:hahahahahaha

I read a bell boy in some hotel walked in on patrick stewart watching old episodes of Star trek TNG alone. lol

I do too......
"Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives."
John Stuart Mill
Apadizamek
Forum Spammer

640k UU for 20 U.S. $ wrote:
Patrick wrote:hahahahahaha

I do too......

aye me too
AncientAnubis wrote:Would you be worthy of being a God if you didn't have an overinflated ego?
Saturnine
Forum Regular
ID: 9570

Psi Kiya Trist wrote:
also, the land war would be interesting. we've seen relatively nothing of star trek land wars. most we've seen is squads of "security" with rifles.
in star wars, we've seen massive land battles with huge fighting machines.
so, i'm in favor of star wars for land wars.

too many factors for it to be sure either way in space, but i'm somewhat in favor of star trek simply due to their overall strategic options.

~_+Psi Kiya Trist+_~

I always said to myself, Dude.. Dont you have land wars in the future? Good point psi.

The only thing Star Trek really has on Star Wars are its ships. The klingon bird of prey anyone?

Star Wars had cloaking devices too, but I suppose they were too expensive or maybe outdated and not popular? Darth Maul had one on his Sith Infiltrator.
After that, I cant name another cloaking device I have seen in Star Wars.
Come_Forth
Forum Expert

What is the point of a land war when a starship could destroy the troops who were on the ground?

The regular phasers that they use in st suck, I would rather have a pistol. I am not talking about the power but the speed of the weapon.
"Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives."
John Stuart Mill
Psi Kiya Trist
The Timeless One
ID: 4266

Honours and Awards

Saturnine wrote:
Psi Kiya Trist wrote:
also, the land war would be interesting. we've seen relatively nothing of star trek land wars. most we've seen is squads of "security" with rifles.
in star wars, we've seen massive land battles with huge fighting machines.
so, i'm in favor of star wars for land wars.

too many factors for it to be sure either way in space, but i'm somewhat in favor of star trek simply due to their overall strategic options.

~_+Psi Kiya Trist+_~

I always said to myself, Dude.. Dont you have land wars in the future? Good point psi.

The only thing Star Trek really has on Star Wars are its ships. The klingon bird of prey anyone?

Star Wars had cloaking devices too, but I suppose they were too expensive or maybe outdated and not popular? Darth Maul had one on his Sith Infiltrator.
After that, I cant name another cloaking device I have seen in Star Wars.

the truth about star wars cloaking devices:
they use too much power for the larger ships.

while there are micro cloaking devices(rumored that palpatines shuttle had one.) the larger ones have to have ships almost completely dedicated to them, so not many real tactical applications.

and honestly regarding star trek ships, they don't have "warships" til mid/late Dom war era. the ships that started being classed as "battleships", "Cruisers", and "frigates" weren't developed before that. the Sovereign, Prometheus, and Saber classes respectively.

most ships prior to that era's primary classification was "explorer"

oh btw, jedi mind trick works on the "weak" minded. Jean Luc Picard prooved that he wasn't weak minded...

~_+Psi Kiya Trist+_~
buck wrote:well psi, upkeeping order in the universe does play its tricks on your mind...
Saturnine
Forum Regular
ID: 9570

Come_Forth/Buckner wrote:What is the point of a land war when a starship could destroy the troops who were on the ground?

The regular phasers that they use in st suck, I would rather have a pistol. I am not talking about the power but the speed of the weapon.

Well. Ive thought this first point over. In the fufure I am guessing that they restrict weapons of war. Just because they can blow an entire planet doesn't mean every war lord should. Im guessing weapons of such mass destruction are uncoothe (did I spell it right). Like conventional warfare of old, there must be set understandings from a majority of intelligent races that its really not cool to fry planets over skirmish solving disputes.

as for star trek: Maybe someone wanted prisoners (like the borg)? Or couldnt risk damaging the planets enviroment by frying all of the ground troops (Like the Borg).

It makes no sense, that silly ole Star Trek.

The reason the damn borg took over the universe was because the federation wasn't smart enough to engage them on the surfaces of the planets they were invading I suppose, they didnt have a ground army, or did they?
UBERN00B!
Fledgling Forumer
Location: Showing girls why my real name is Lance....heh heh......

Bad Wolf wrote:
Corran Horn wrote:
We can mind-trick Picard as we wish.

Im pretty sure anyone can.... lol

BW

Not so much - not when he is wearing his Xavier suit. :wink:

And Star Wars owns Star Trek - but Stargate blitzes them both. :D
SGC Replicators wrote:yes i no it may have been my fault but what i like about this game i can make others pay for my silly mistakes.
Testify!
Come_Forth
Forum Expert

Saturnine wrote:
Come_Forth/Buckner wrote:What is the point of a land war when a starship could destroy the troops who were on the ground?

Well. Ive thought this first point over. In the fufure I am guessing that they restrict weapons of war. Just because they can blow an entire planet doesn't mean every war lord should. Im guessing weapons of such mass destruction are uncoothe (did I spell it right). Like conventional warfare of old, there must be set understandings from a majority of intelligent races that its really not cool to fry planets over skirmish solving disputes.

as for star trek: Maybe someone wanted prisoners (like the borg)? Or couldnt risk damaging the planets enviroment by frying all of the ground troops (Like the Borg).

It makes no sense, that silly ole Star Trek.

The reason the damn borg took over the universe was because the federation wasn't smart enough to engage them on the surfaces of the planets they were invading I suppose, they didnt have a ground army, or did they?

The starship could beam up the enemy into space. I see no point in having an army if a starship can just do everything better.
John Stuart Mill
Apadizamek
Forum Spammer

phaser has a wide beam setting as shown on voyager, can stun a whole squad with one man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mg1491tQk5U&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzk7KHV5ZmI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwUpCZBN4cY
WolfeReign
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Mist Village
Race: Tauri
ID: 1982144
Alternate name(s): Anakha, Ethereal_Wolfe

The reason for armies is because in star wars they have Planetary shileds which protect the srface of the planet and everyone on it besides the fact that if you just destroy every planet that opposes you then eventually there would be less and less people in the galaxy and whats the point of dominating a galaxy with very few poeple left alive.

Now the claoking devices in star wars were not widely used not becaseu they use so much pwr but more for the fact that they work both ways those inside a cloaking shield are unable to see anything outside of it.

Overall i think star wars would win they have mroe resources to pull from be it the empire or new republic in the books after return of jedi. There is alot more alien races in start wars so that means more tech. Also from watching the shows and reading books from both series teh shileds for ships in star wars seem to me to be much stronger.

Return to “The TV room”