Setting a PPT frequency limit.

Should a frequency limit be set for PPT

Yes Wolf my old chum - once a week sounds perfect!
36%
Yes Wolf, but the time between PPTs needs to be longer!
45%
Yes Wolf, but the time between PPTs needs to be shorter!
3%
No you're talking complete gobbledy-gook Wolfie!!!
15%

Total votes: 33
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin
Alliance: EPA
Race: Tauri
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

Setting a PPT frequency limit.

I have been against this in the past, but since I have noticed a couple of players who have appeared to be constantly on PPT for nearly 2 weeks (nightheat being one) - I think something needs to be done, as it is rapidly devaluing the game!!

Don't get me wrong - I have nothing against PPT, and am actually planning to use it myself in the near future, but why not set a limit as to the frequency of which a player can use PPT - so that he actually has to use some skill to progress in the game?

I would suggest a limit of only being able to use PPT once per week. That way PPT is still available as a pretty regular option and it means that the player actually has to play for 5 days out of 7!

Amyway, opinions please guys and gals!
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
Treebeard
Forum Grunt

I agree with you. It just goesto show that they can't get the naq any other way. Cowards. Don't get me wrong, PPT is great, but only when you use it once or twice. Not for a whole week or so.
"And when he gets to heaven
To Saint Peter he will tell
One more soldier reporting Sir
I've served my time in hell"
daivahataka
Forum Irregular

Thought the donations were restricted to "two per calendar week"? Or is that only for SS and USS?
Sleipnir
Merriest Mod in the West

Honours and Awards

daivahataka wrote:Thought the donations were restricted to "two per calendar week"? Or is that only for SS and USS?

I believe that was something like an advance warning, still to be implemented. Since paypal is now also automated, I believe this is possible. I guess forum just didn't get around to it yet.

As soon as you build an idiot proof system, somebody else builds a better idiot.

If it moves, kill it. If it doesn't move, kick it until it does move, and then kill it.
daivahataka
Forum Irregular

:shock: You mean I didn't have to wait 'til Saturday to buy another USS in quantum? Damn.... :(
RepliJake
Forum Addict
Alliance: JURY IS OUT MISTRAIL
ID: 5242

One a month would be more than enough for anyone
WeaponX wrote:i quit the game, good luck trying to extort resources out of me you jackasses
REK wrote:
GunZ wrote:Eat me
I hate **Filtered**
fredrabbit
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: HVE
Race: ?
ID: 20938
Alternate name(s): *TheBetterIdiot
Location: If there is a bright spot to the univers the place farest from it.

I like the idea of liminting PPT but i rather see it four times in the last thirty days. Then once a week. the only reason for this is if you want to bye a huge spy level and you need to be on PPT longer than one sesion. it works out to the same amount of time you can spend on ppt but you could put them togther if you want also it would not allow eight in a row at the beging-end of a month if you saved up. or maybe just two per two weeks just a thought
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin

Honours and Awards

fredrabbit wrote:I like the idea of liminting PPT but i rather see it four times in the last thirty days. Then once a week. the only reason for this is if you want to bye a huge spy level and you need to be on PPT longer than one sesion. it works out to the same amount of time you can spend on ppt but you could put them togther if you want also it would not allow eight in a row at the beging-end of a month if you saved up. or maybe just two per two weeks just a thought

LOL - That is my point though - the game is becoming bland due to people buying spy levels by going on PPT for days on end. Nobody attacks to get naq to build up their forces, hence naq production and bank capacity anymore.
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
fredrabbit
Fledgling Forumer

well if that is your point then I vote no then. what your saying makes since it is probaly even a way to bring balance back to the game, i simply do not like it.
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin

Honours and Awards

fredrabbit wrote:well if that is your point then I vote no then. what your saying makes since it is probaly even a way to bring balance back to the game, i simply do not like it.

Huh?? you would prefer an unbalanced game? What kind of attitude is that?

My point of making it once every week is that people can then not be on PPT for days on end - I've watched one guy now who has been on constantly for about 2 weeks!
Mod Speak
fredrabbit
Fledgling Forumer

your right it is a horrible attitude i have no way of defending my self against it
Deathshotshooter
Forum Regular
Alliance: Peaceful Lone-Wolf =D
Race: System Lord
ID: 71521

WEll according to admin, quantum is twice a week, and main will be th same ( main not implemetned yet)
Death is only the beginning - Nex est tauntum exordium!!

Deathshotshooter's Trade FeedBack -
http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=102777
Stargate Atlantis
Forum Newbie

I've already posted this on my alliance website, but feel that admin REALLY needs to hear it.

Is it just me, or does it seem that unless you pay all kinds of money in this game that you really can't do all that well? I've been playing this game (Quantum) since it started and I've liked it, mostly because people weren't buying their way to the top like on the main server (which I played for months before Quantum started up). Now it seems that crap has started in this game as well. I'm getting damn sick and tired of it. There is plenty of blame to go around and much of it can be placed squarely on the people who run this game. I believe they are becoming money hungry and aren't looking out for those who just want to play the game. The benefits they are giving to those who support this game are WAY out of whack and are starting to **Filtered** over those of us who like fairness.

I've been doing my best in this game thus far, but I'm being attacked by people with 5 million plus attack strength! That is **Filtered**. There is no way anyone can be that strong without taking advantage of the supporter status payments. Yet this guy is #1 in the game, which means he is very high in all categories. There is just no way this person got to the top in a way I find honorable. This is unfair because he is now stealing MY naq, which without "cheating" he would not be able to get, making me stronger. This kind of thing hurts people who are working hard and refuse to pay money to make winning easier. I won't do it.

I don't have a problem with people getting something for supporting the site. They should get a "thank you" gift. Maybe a few units or a little game cash or some such, but not a huge increase in UP, bunches of units, huge stashes of cash, a bigger bank, ability to exchange all kinds of stuff, etc. That is too much. People will pay the money to get the stuff and not to help the game. The benefits at this time are too valuable, and continuous donations allow one to do very well in this game with no real work required. What is the point? Why should I try? What reason do I have to play as well as I can when everyone else can just "cheat" and get ahead of me? The answer is that there isn't. So it looks like I will probably be leaving this game for good at some point, barring miraculous changes that the creaters of this game will not implement. They created a great game, then destroyed it in their attempt to cash in. I would love to donate, but I don't want a donation to significantly affect my stats. That isn't why the donation option should be there.

Everyone should demand that the game be played as it was originally intended and not allow people to gain this much from donating. Don't join the madness because you know you can't win, demand the system be changed back to the way it was.

As for the PPT all the time. How about you get six hours on it after a donation (once it changes to a very small reward) so you are protected, then done. You don't need anymore time than that. Also, how about one donation per month receives a reward, any donations thereafter are acceptable, but you won't get any ingame rewards for doing so. I know most will probably disagree with me on this, but the donation option was created so that people who liked the game could give money to keep it going. Now NO ONE is giving money for that reason. People are doing it solely for the benefits because they are WAY TOO GOOD! ADMIN, KNOCK IT OFF! Remember the game. Don't go around screwing it up to get more donations. People who like the game will give you money, you shouldn't need to sacrifice the game and its integrity to coerce people into paying you. I'd be happy to send you some money once the game goes back to the way it was in the beginning, when everyone had to WORK to win. Please help those who like the GAME and not just those who make the donations.
~mist~

dude the forum wont care cuz he's making money off of him... and why would u cut off somthing that makes you money and u just have to sit there and watch the dough rake in

think a little there are about 17000 people playing this game

i bet there are 25% who have SS

so thats 4250 peopel who have SS

4250 people times 20$ = 85000$ not to mention quantom or the 50$ SS's and the people whove bought SS multiple times so if that all adds up im guessing about 15000 people bought SS thats with everything added up so all the 50$ ss and 20$ ss and 10$ss and qunatoms SS's

so 15000 times 20 dollers is 300000 dollers... and thats a lot of money...
Stargate Atlantis
Forum Newbie

I understand that. I remember quite a while back this game was for fun, not for huge profits. It was a great game then. Now its all about making money. Fine. I wish admin would have told us all when that transition was so I could leave. Money can be made on the game, but I shouldn't be based simply on spending the most money. If EVERYONE had to pay to play the game money could be made and everyone would be EVEN!! I realize very few people care about that, but for those of us who try to win without buying our way to the top see the huge problem. If admin wants to be JUST about making money, fine. The money will soon be gone, as the game will suffer and less people will play. But if admin does care about the game as he once did, it would be wise to find a way to make money AND be fair to everyone at the same time. Quit f-ing me over and give me a reason to want to give you my money. You sure as HELL aren't earning it like this!

Return to “Suggestions Archive”