Time Limit on Re-Ascending

Suggest any improvements
I Replicate
Forum Intermediate
ID: 0

chunkysoup wrote:and the whole "how much you leave behind depends on your unit production" thing? how is that supposed to stop us? once we have our shell accounts with 100k+ troops, and we plan to ascend in 3 weeks, what do we care about troop production? heck half of us might reascend with 1 unit production (raw, officers not counted of course), so we'd be able to send almost everything back again...

You have to have 1000 UP to ascend ;)
chunkysoup
Forum Intermediate

damn didnt kno that, ok, fine, but what % of your troops are you required to leave behind if you have 1000 up?
I Replicate
Forum Intermediate

chunkysoup wrote:damn didnt kno that, ok, fine, but what % of your troops are you required to leave behind if you have 1000 up?

That i am not sure about... less than 35k if i remember correctly... 1.5k Up is about 33k i think :?
But alas, my memory died on me long ago...
Angelus
Forum Grunt

Acronon
I think it should be more on the side of 1,000 glory points to ascend the first time and then 2,000 the second time and then 3,000 the thrid time and so forth and so on.

Since we get those bonuses the increase in required glory points should help to bring balance to the system.

I actually agree with this point, and even the possiblity of stopping ppl getting bonuses after say a fifth ascension. This would still give us all enough bonus to more than compete, but then we would have the choice of whether we wanted to start sacrificing our main accounts for no gain in main (in order to gain advantage in ascended) or started competing again for the top spots in main and ran it more like two seperate games.

Also, with the UP requirement, i have even discussed getting no UP for my next shell and relying on officer production as i figure the amount that i lose in extra troops i can save more to leave behind anyway by keeing it low.

I know this is utilizing a flaw in the system (sorry RepliJake) but as everyone will do it, if you don't, you get left behind
chunkysoup
Forum Intermediate

Angelus wrote:I know this is utilizing a flaw in the system (sorry RepliJake) but as everyone will do it, if you don't, you get left behind

exactly, and this is what we have to stop
Sleipnir
Merriest Mod in the West

Honours and Awards

Jaxin wrote:
chunkysoup wrote:damn didnt kno that, ok, fine, but what % of your troops are you required to leave behind if you have 1000 up?

That i am not sure about... less than 35k if i remember correctly... 1.5k Up is about 33k i think :?

I believe it's 25 untrained per UP, and another 10 trained per UP.

As soon as you build an idiot proof system, somebody else builds a better idiot.

If it moves, kill it. If it doesn't move, kick it until it does move, and then kill it.
Nuto vixen
Forum Addict

i know the whole point of "re-ascending" is to get that bonus +5%, but if you hadn't ascended, and kept all your stats and stuff, and just continued to build while everyone else was ascending, you'd already have over +5% more than everyone else who was "starting again" in their new shell...

It's not a matter of luck; it's just a matter of time.
Fox
Forum Grunt

chunkysoup wrote:
Angelus wrote:I know this is utilizing a flaw in the system (sorry RepliJake) but as everyone will do it, if you don't, you get left behind

exactly, and this is what we have to stop

I couldnt have said it better myself. If you not a part of the solution, your a part of the problem. Its your plan Angelus that is gonna make everything spiral to reset.

I would still like to hear Forums opinion on this, but in my opinion what we have done (an you are continuing to do) is no better than buying units at one price and selling them at a higher price. Its an oversite. This is not playing the game. This is taking advantage of a flawed system so you can be unstoppable.

How is that enjoyable? How can you sit and your computer and think that you have accomplished something credible and respectible. I certainly dont respect myself right now because I helped this problem get to where it is.

This might make you a better character, but it certainly won't give you better character and make you a better person. Maybe I am getting too ethical now but I think thats what this all boils down to...

Bottom line, if you care about this game, you will stop ascending every few weeks untill a solution can be found.
I Replicate
Forum Intermediate

Angelus wrote:Also, with the UP requirement, i have even discussed getting no UP for my next shell and relying on officer production as i figure the amount that i lose in extra troops i can save more to leave behind anyway by keeing it low.

Didnt I already say that you cant do that. You HAVE to have 1k UP in order to ascend. You cant keep it at 0 or 1 in order to minimize the cost.

Sleipnir wrote:
Jaxin wrote:

I believe it's 25 untrained per UP, and another 10 trained per UP.

Ah, cool... nice to know...

Fox wrote:How is that enjoyable? How can you sit and your computer and think that you have accomplished something credible and respectible. I certainly dont respect myself right now because I helped this problem get to where it is.

Aw, thank you for making me feel like crap :P

Next time I ascend, I just may bring everything I have with me, just for the hell of it... hopefully I wont be part of the problem anymore if I do that...
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

i believe it was the huge accounts in the first place that caused some imbalance. and that imbalance could nto be stopped in one ascension....for reasons mentioned above (and no real way to stop transfer/transfer back).

can/should a large main account remain as large after reascension? no...
Does the 1000UP / 25k UT / 10k Trained / 250Mil Naq minimums (at 1000UP) help? I believe, yes, they do, as honestly - how many times can people expend that and still have ability to climb in 2weeks to top 100??

have people convinced me it should be a bit harder each time to reascend? yes.

what is the method: same Glory and Rep needed; higher UP needed.
increased UT/trained/Naq ratio with each reascension....

I believe this will keep it so that one cannot reascend 5x with 'one account worth' of goods....

now get ready for the onslaught of counter-opinions :) ....... ;)
Don't make me use this!!!
stefanos
Fledgling Forumer

i think it sounds fair,i would suggest an upping of the glory points needed aswell
RepliJake
Forum Addict
Alliance: JURY IS OUT MISTRAIL
ID: 5242

I would like to see something like a multiplier based on time since ascensionm if someone is trying to reascend within 2 months the minimums are 4x normal and they slowly decrease over time
WeaponX wrote:i quit the game, good luck trying to extort resources out of me you jackasses
REK wrote:
GunZ wrote:Eat me
I hate **Filtered**
chunkysoup
Forum Intermediate

i agree with replijake, also the min requirements should increase exponentially each time you ascend...
Fox
Forum Grunt

RepliJake wrote:I would like to see something like a multiplier based on time since ascensionm if someone is trying to reascend within 2 months the minimums are 4x normal and they slowly decrease over time

This is a great idea and works well within what we know of the Stargate Universe (Caution : Spoilers Below highlight to read)

In a recent episode we know that Anubis created a clone of himself but it was going to take some time before he could gather the knowlege on how to ascend. Also, previously when Daniel returned he had no memory of his past life. Although Oma helped him regain those memories over time, he had to wait that time before he was able to ascend again when Replicarter killed him.

Ok now that the history lesson is behind us, this should be applied into the game somehow. Be it a time limit (ei, you cant remember enough information to reascend) or something else.

Also, some type of multiplier should be used. Making it harder each time or perhaps not a multiplier but an adder (pardon the bad english)...Example: Adding instead of multiplying. So each time it would cost X+X. Then the 3rd time X+X+X, X being the minimum.

Whatever solution is going to come of this, I hope its fast. The talk in the forum and even my own alliance forum threatens the integrity and respect of alot of people in this game!

I think I may be just repeating myself now so I leave you with this:

Its been said once before and I will say it again. We are suppose to be the best players, not the best bug exploiters.
stefanos
Fledgling Forumer

indeed

Return to “Suggestions”