just a thought

Suggest any improvements
Sinister
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

I agree income planets should be unraidable, so does Mojo. As far as pytting a cap in NOW... that would punish the best players in ascetion.
If your soldiers fear you, they'll fight for you. If they love you, they'll die for you.
Shooting Star
Forum Irregular

Raven wrote:
Taure wrote:The way to get more people to play ascension is simple, the big players just don't want to hear it: take away the ability to raid income planets. That way players won't just have their accounts reset to 0 every time they reach a certain size, and will actually have some motivation to grow.

we also need some kind of plague there wich will bring all players below 75mill planets or something and they cant grow further ........

I have said on a number of occasions that I want to make income planets unraidable. I, for one, have not raided income planets in almost two months and that was one time during the war. Before that, I cannot remember the last time I raided income planets.

I have also said that, if Forum chooses to put a plague in ascension similar to main, I would not be averse to that. But keep in mind that the plague is going to hurt those who are just at the limit or below moreso than the big players. If you think you can't catch up now, just wait until the plague hits you.

As far as a plague bringing players down to 75 million planets or below, well, now it is my turn to call "crazy talk". First of all, it ain't going to happen without a major returning of resources in main to a LOT of players. Secondly, and I will keep harping this point till I am blue in the face, ASCENSION WAS A CHOICE. You didn't have to ascend; you chose to. Some of you chose wisely; some of you did not. All of us, at one time or another, went into ascension blindly. Hell I was one of the first pioneers in ascension and I had to feel my way around. Now there are any number of people (myself included) who are more than willing to share information on what to do (charisma and fleets) in ascension. It is no big secret (charisma and fleets) that you need to make your ascensions HUGE (charisma and fleets) and SACRIFICE something in main to get ahead in ascension (OK, production enhancements are nice too).
Munchy
Forum Expert
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
ID: 60881

Shooting Star wrote:
Munchy wrote:
~Phoenix~ wrote:He being sarcy to that noob raven, calm down.

He has made suggestions that would give himself 100's of % bonus's in main, and ideas that would give him trillions of naq everyday. 129% is actually low on his impossible request list really.

None are ever going to be implemented because they would destroy main, but meh, whatever.

Main is dead! It just doesn't know it yet. And before it goes off to join the Choir Invisible, I am trying to revive it.

I know you have been saying this for awhile, but I still have trouble believing it.
Main: 816 people playing!
Ascension: 127 people playing!

Sometimes main hits around 1200(usually around market reset). Sometimes it drops to around the mid 400's.(usually during the odd hours of the night)
Sometimes main hits around 240(usually when the weapon is sold). Sometimes it drops to well below 80.

Both have been like that for a long time now. Neither are growing significantly or losing players significantly. However, if you are going to call any server dead, you are going to have to concede that it is infact the ascended server that is dead because it consistently has so many fewer players playing, despite the consistently larger number of main people playing.(and I would bet that atleast half of those playing main have ascended atleast once.

Main is far more balanced the ascended ever has been. A player can start there today and through hard work(or a large wallet...), can be among the top players within months. I have seen that time and time again, and it keeps the game thriving. Ascension on the other hand is not like that. Unless a new player buys an old account account, they will never have the ability to grow to be number 1 or 2(as you can in main). A mega ascension would move them about the same as one or two days of the top people's income.

There were some inherent problems with the ascended server when Forum implemented it that damaged it forever.
1. He didn't release descension for more than a year after he started up the server.
2. He allowed the raiding of income planets, and thus a way for players to completely be destroyed while the other player actually profits.
3. He made it so that unascended players have no chance against those that have ascended(face it, 150% in bonus's kinda kills the 25% bonus's the others receive). Not to mention double strength weapons...
4. He allowed players to ascend too fast. If he had done once every 6 months then it would have put more of a purpose to it.(although it would have slowed down the ability of new players in main to catch up).
5. He made no real caps in ascension as he did in main. So exponential growth has gone abit out of control.

Those 5 things(and several others) made ascension the half-abandoned place that it is today. And the thing is, fixing them now won't do anything positive. It would actually cause more damage.(Besides maybe the income planet raiding, but even that maybe..).

I know this isn't 100% on topic, but it covers some of the general topics that are being discused right now.

And one more thing, make the ascended information open to everyone. It definitely is not helping to keep it guarded from much of the forum base.

ID=60881
Saber
Forum Irregular

You do realise that no new player will ever be able to get to even the top 10 in main. I mean the real top ten not the rankings because in main rankings mean nothing. I mean STI has like 133mil army size now you aren't going to be able to catch that ever.
Munchy
Forum Expert

Saber wrote:You do realise that no new player will ever be able to get to even the top 10 in main. I mean the real top ten not the rankings because in main rankings mean nothing. I mean STI has like 133mil army size now you aren't going to be able to catch that ever.

Depends really. The bigger army size you have, the more you tend to lose in wars. Lego lost around 20 million army when he was massed(and he had around 130). Not to mention just general massing of others. The bigger you are, the more you can lose.

As far as not catching up, I have seen players raid over 50 million army in a month. That would be comparable to a player going from 0 to 100 mil in ascension in a month. It can't and won't happen.
It is possible to do it slower though(on main I am speaking ofcourse). I know when I feel motivated enough I can raid around 1 mil an hour. So yes, the top 10 are very catchable on main, for the dedicated. Once you get over 75 mil army it gets tricky, but still doable.

ID=60881
Hensenshi
Strange Soldier

Munchy wrote:
Shooting Star wrote:
Munchy wrote:
~Phoenix~ wrote:He being sarcy to that noob raven, calm down.

He has made suggestions that would give himself 100's of % bonus's in main, and ideas that would give him trillions of naq everyday. 129% is actually low on his impossible request list really.

None are ever going to be implemented because they would destroy main, but meh, whatever.

Main is dead! It just doesn't know it yet. And before it goes off to join the Choir Invisible, I am trying to revive it.

I know you have been saying this for awhile, but I still have trouble believing it.
Main: 816 people playing!
Ascension: 127 people playing!

Sometimes main hits around 1200(usually around market reset). Sometimes it drops to around the mid 400's.(usually during the odd hours of the night)
Sometimes main hits around 240(usually when the weapon is sold). Sometimes it drops to well below 80.

Both have been like that for a long time now. Neither are growing significantly or losing players significantly. However, if you are going to call any server dead, you are going to have to concede that it is infact the ascended server that is dead because it consistently has so many fewer players playing, despite the consistently larger number of main people playing.(and I would bet that atleast half of those playing main have ascended atleast once.

Main is far more balanced the ascended ever has been. A player can start there today and through hard work(or a large wallet...), can be among the top players within months. I have seen that time and time again, and it keeps the game thriving. Ascension on the other hand is not like that. Unless a new player buys an old account account, they will never have the ability to grow to be number 1 or 2(as you can in main). A mega ascension would move them about the same as one or two days of the top people's income.

There were some inherent problems with the ascended server when Forum implemented it that damaged it forever.
1. He didn't release descension for more than a year after he started up the server.
2. He allowed the raiding of income planets, and thus a way for players to completely be destroyed while the other player actually profits.
3. He made it so that unascended players have no chance against those that have ascended(face it, 150% in bonus's kinda kills the 25% bonus's the others receive). Not to mention double strength weapons...
4. He allowed players to ascend too fast. If he had done once every 6 months then it would have put more of a purpose to it.(although it would have slowed down the ability of new players in main to catch up).
5. He made no real caps in ascension as he did in main. So exponential growth has gone abit out of control.

Those 5 things(and several others) made ascension the half-abandoned place that it is today. And the thing is, fixing them now won't do anything positive. It would actually cause more damage.(Besides maybe the income planet raiding, but even that maybe..).

I know this isn't 100% on topic, but it covers some of the general topics that are being discused right now.

And one more thing, make the ascended information open to everyone. It definitely is not helping to keep it guarded from much of the forum base.

Munchy is correct. While I love the way ascension is built, as of right now, there is no possible way for me to reach rank 9 influence unless I was to raid someone above him. Which isn't possible because I'm allied to everyone who's above me.
High Empty
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
Race: God's Left Hand
ID: 102803

Not really impossible, you just need to raid like heck in main, and do huge ascensions. 300k UP tpye. as i said Raid like heck.

As for ascension being a dead server, well damn that's 80-240 players online, with a total of 5000 accounts. Where main it's 400-1200 with a total of somewhere over 50,000 accounts. I say ascensions doing a bit better really.
"Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which in prosperous circumstances would have lain dormant."
"Shut Up Features" -Replijake
Munchy
Forum Expert

You have to figure in though that only the more 'dedicated' players ascend. Much of mains 50,000 accounts is from people who just made an account and either 5 minutes or 5 days later stopped playing. Ascension on the other hand is the players who continued to play, which is why I said that of mains 800 players on at any given point, probably atleast(if not more) 400 of them are ascended. So shouldn't the ascended server have 400 players on average to match that of main(proportionally speaking)?

I guess I didn't emphasize this that much, but I really don't think either server is dead persay. I believe if any server was to 'die' though it would be ascension for the reasons mentioned above(and why I called it 'half-abandoned'). For a free online game 150 players online at any given point is not that bad. I am just making the point that if any server is to be called dead, it would be the ascended one, and not main.

ID=60881
Shooting Star
Forum Irregular

Well then I say, let the inactive people drop from the server and lose their ascended bonuses. I am all for that. If you are going to ascend you should have to play the server or you lose your bonuses. Plain and simple.
~Phoenix~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Unaligned
Race: Immortal

Personally Id love to see guided un-raidable, its completely stupid that the best way to destroy someone on ascended is also the best way to grow.

Its mad.
Funky White Boy
Forum Irregular

Re: just a thought

Planets now unraidable. Now all we need is some sort of benefit in main for hard work in ascended that would make others play!
Raven
Forum Elite

Funky White Boy wrote:Planets now unraidable. Now all we need is some sort of benefit in main for hard work in ascended that would make others play!

You cant put benefits on if others have no chance to reach it ever ...... they have power in ascended invisibility thats the best reward there is....
Former Member of The Legion
'Terrorists of SGW'
Mojo Rising
Forum Irregular
ID: 1975707

If you don't want to play the ascension server, then don't play. There is a button that you can use to descend yourself. I encourage you to use it. The people who are fed up with ascension the most are the ones who cannot "buy" their way to a good account like they did in main. The lack of a marketplace means that more skill is involved in playing. But to say that someone who has 25000 planets in ascension and is an LG+1 should get the same bonuses as someone with 50 million planets and is an LG+1 is absolutely ludicrous. Descension is a joke, as is vacation mode. They don't do anything.
chargin
Forum Intermediate

the problem is no matter how much skill somebody has now they won't be able to catch up. unless we increase the rate super weapons are sold at and make it so u can't tell who uses them on you. :twisted:

or ascension is periodically reset, the top 100 people each time find themselves with added bonuses in main depending on how often it is reset, of course even greater benefits for the top players. selling of resources is prohibited (punishable by banning from ascension, for ever!). that is a truer indicator of skill and will make ascention much more interesting than logging in twice a day to train income planets...guess that won't happen though. :( i guess the problem with that though is the whole APP system will have to go...

I say smart things so people don't realize how dumb i am.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

If you want to see a true "Skill" server then simply remove all forms of identification from all accounts. ALL of them.

This will end the true downfall of ascention.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.

Return to “Suggestions”