Led Zeppelin/The Beatles

A place to discuss the music we listen to, mass to, or are looking for a greater appreciation of.
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

Led Zeppelin/The Beatles

Well it was very well known that Led Zeppelin and The Beatles were the ones controling rock back in 60s and then Zeppelin in 70s...the word was that Led Zeppelin were better than The Beatles which played, what is now, calm music and had quite short hair (if we look now), but they were called satanists & devils cause of it and originaly made a breake thro from pop to rock n' roll. Led Zeppelin who came later, in 70s, were, in eyes of many people, their improved kids.

Who do you think was better? Led Zeppelin or The Beatles?

Personaly I think Led Zeppelin was & is better...They have lots & lots of good songs, Stairway to heaven has #1 guitar solo in music history, Heartbreaker is about 20th in top 100 guitar solos...I wish I could have seen them on concert, that I was born about 25 years ago :cry:

The Beatles were good, still are, they're rock's clasic...I love some of their songs (Yesterday, Yellow Submarine,...) but I think Led Zeppelin was better...

~Neimenljivi
Last edited by Neimenljivi on Wed May 23, 2007 12:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

I think you may have some of your dates wrong. Led Zeppelin were their arguable peak in the late sixties and throughout the seventies, whereas the Beatles were completely over by the end of 1970.

I prefer the Beatles, personally. Both great bands, though.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
Bad Wolf
The Man Behind the Curtain
Race: System Lord
ID: 0

I would class more Led Zep songs in my personal top 10 songs of all time then Beatles numbers. And I would say I prefer Led Zep tracks to the Beatles tracks,

BUT I would pick the Beatles as a better band, as I belive they did more for popular music than any other band. The number of hits they had is SHOCKING. The music they produced it still shaping the way we listen to music now. That is why I would say I prefer them.

BWG
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

Mordack wrote:I think you may have some of your dates wrong. Led Zeppelin were their arguable peak in the late sixties and throughout the seventies, whereas the Beatles were completely over by the end of 1970.

I prefer the Beatles, personally. Both great bands, though.

EDIT: I'm a fool...my history teacher even bigger :P

~Neimenljivi
Last edited by Neimenljivi on Wed May 23, 2007 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
{Banned}
Spoiler
Bad Wolf

When did the 80's mean 1970 - 1979 ?

BWG
Weirdfish
Forum Irregular

I prefer The Beatles. For one thing, like BW said, their number of hits is outstanding, they influence bands even today such as Oasis.

I'm currently producing my own material with a guy I know. He writes lyrics and uses The Beatles as an influence whilst I produce the music which I use Oasis as an influence.

Their music and their influence is still going to be heard and used for years to come.
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

Bad Wolf wrote:When did the 80's mean 1970 - 1979 ?

BWG

Well...u can ask my history teacher from when (not that she's normal in any way) :roll: my bad then...I'll edit dates then :P

~Neimenljivi
{Banned}
Spoiler
Bad Wolf

Neimenljivi wrote:
Bad Wolf wrote:When did the 80's mean 1970 - 1979 ?

BWG

Well...u can ask my history teacher from when (not that she's normal in any way) :roll: my bad then...I'll edit dates then :P

~Neimenljivi

Bad Wolf > History Teachers

BWG
Monty.
Fledgling Forumer

i prefer led zeppelin
although the beatles were arguably the greatest band ever (as said their record sales are astounding) i prefer the music of led zeppelin
apophis made me this one cos the others dont have my name :P
Weirdfish
Forum Irregular

During the week of April 4, 1964 The Beatles occupied the first five slots of the Billboard Hot 100, #1 - "Can't Buy Me Love," #2 - "Twist and Shout," #3 - "She Loves You," #4 - "I Want to Hold Your Hand" and #5 - "Please Please Me," the only group in rock and roll history to achieve this feat. That same week they also had another seven charting records in the Hot 100: "I Saw Her Standing There", 31; "From Me to You", 41; "Do You Want to Know a Secret?", 46; "All My Loving", 58; "You Can't Do That", 65; "Roll Over Beethoven", 68. The Beatles had twelve songs on the charts that week, a feat never matched before or since.

By October 1972, the Beatles’ worldwide sales total stood at 545 million units.

Nuff said
Monty.
Fledgling Forumer

very impressive but i still like zeppelin more
apophis made me this one cos the others dont have my name :P
V|per
Forum Regular
Alliance: SLOvenia UNiTED
ID: 41341

That's a hard choice as I like both of them a lot. But if I have to make the call, I say Led Zeppelin.
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

Re: Led Zeppelin/The Beatles

Too bad that John Lennon was shot on 8th of December, 1980...The one who murdered John (shot him 7 times, the first shot was fatal already because it hit artheria, or however u call that vien in the neck, so John bleed to death in police car) said "Hey John" when Lennon and his wife, Yoko Ono were walking over the west side of newyork's Central Park. Lennon turned back to see who was calling him and he was shot 7 times by David Chapman...Yoko Ono was crying and desperate calling for help, when the security man came by, immediatly called police and police car arrived in less than 5 minutes after John was shoot. Police car drove Lennon to hospital where they could only confirm his death...They gave their best but nothing helped Lennon...His last words were said in police car where police man tried to see if Lennon is still at consience so he asked him "Do you know who you are?" and John said "Yes, I know, I am John Lennon"...a few minutes after John was killed, police found David Chapman (well acctualy he surrendered himself to police) and when they asked him if he knows what he just did, he said coldbloodly "How couldn't I know, I just shot John Lennon!"...Ringo hired bodyguards after John was shot as he was afraid that he'd be shot aswell, but this kind of life just didn't suit to Starr so a few of ppl who knew Ringo very good said that in the past year, he looks like he got older for at least 5 years...

The most tragical thing is that murderor even adored Lennon and he killed Lennon right after John started creating music again...John was one of most talanted, if not the most talanted, musician in 20th century so his death shock whole world...it was similiar to time when J.F.K. or Presley died...All radio stations and TV stations were broadcasting music and movies of The Beatles and Lennon's singles and spreading the news that Lennon was shot on 8.12.1980...Even the record stores stopped ordering new albums of diffrent bands - they started ordering The Beatles's albums and they were sold very quickly....Maybe that is because John was a big fighter for peace, he wrote a few songs saying all people should be as one and that there should only be peace on Earth, not war...That is why people will remember and are remembering him as a true legend...We all should remember him as a man who tried to make a world a better place - thro his music and with his actions and words...

I'm just hoping that all the people will know who The Beatles were, even tho their music isn't what people mostly listen to now, but they were one of the most important bands in the history of music...

~N
{Banned}
Spoiler
Weirdfish
Forum Irregular

Neimenljivi wrote:I'm just hoping that all the people will know who The Beatles were, even tho their music isn't what people mostly listen to now, but they were one of the most important bands in the history of music...

Everyone knows who The Beatles are, those that dont aint really music lovers.

People still listen to them too. I do for one. They influence the way I produce my own material.
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

Prime Minister wrote:
Neimenljivi wrote:I'm just hoping that all the people will know who The Beatles were, even tho their music isn't what people mostly listen to now, but they were one of the most important bands in the history of music...

Everyone knows who The Beatles are, those that dont aint really music lovers.

People still listen to them too. I do for one. They influence the way I produce my own material.

I'm talking about newer generations :) People born in 1990s...I for one am 13 years old and listen to The Beatles, but when it comes to music, I bet there aren't more than 15 people of my age in my town (10.000 people in it) who heard about The Beatles and I dubt that there are even 5 of 'em who listen them...Which is sad really...but more and more people are listening to crap litterarly...there were a few bands who created music which some (mostly girls) listen and they're like "oh I love the singer" - "I love him too" - "there're 3 of us already!" but after a year or two, they don't even know which this band is since the band doesn't know anything about music so they just make a "good" song and are famous...for a year or two...and mostly girls of my age and up to 25 listen to that kind of music...

There're some wannabe's aswell...pretending that they are rockers but then u see songs on their mp3/mp4 and u see only balkan music (if u know what kind of music this is)...

So the newer generation is the one that should know who The Beatles are, but sadly, the newer generation is the one that mostly listens to crap...

~N
{Banned}
Spoiler

Return to “Music”