new forums?

for FORUM issues, complaints, requests, bugs, etc - - not game related...
assyrian worrier
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0

new forums?

i have a suggestion but its to forums
i dont know if this is the right place to put it but i know of a forums that are much better then these and you may animate the title screen. if you ever herd of ipb ivision power boards thats them
a few examples are:
http://www.runehq.net
http://www.runescapecommunity.com
http://rstunescape.com/
and there are meny more prime examples that dont include runescape.
please check out links frist. ipb boards are much better then phpbb boards no offence.
meet the true spammer (roar) i have a sig shop if you would like to see some work of mine.
go to [img]here[/img]
all ways buying turns at 1k turns for 60k, broker me at 82855
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

wont happen... it will be upgraded to phpBB 3.0 when a converter is released...

also, wrong section...

*whoosh*
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
snoopey
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 33590

the forum links you provided, are much worse than the current forum.
assyrian worrier
Fledgling Forumer

snoopey wrote:the forum links you provided, are much worse than the current forum.

are you sure i meen ipb boards actully take some exp.
i can make a phpbb board in no time
plus if you checked out the prices of ipb boards you would think twice
rstunescape one is great and just think about how the forum could change this up with it.
he's could have a replicator walk on screen or what ever race you are when you sign up but really that is a off link towards the site it ipb boards are better they never crash,make faster posting, have more room to do what ever you wish, they are not already made and if you were able you could keep this same link and push the ipb right into it because ibp is a computer softwear forum thats what makes it so much better.

i dont think it will be happen im just putting it out there. and i found another example.
http://www.dv.org
and thats a combination of ipb and cold fusion (which has stargatewars information on it im suprized that they do not have it.(the info it has is calc's like calc's to help you calc your strike so you dont have to get the uu and spend all the money to know what your strike will be and so you can look into the future and see how strong you will be.)

but remember im just sugesting this. i think it would be awsome if it did happen and there would be a great more amount of bandwith on the site.

i also believe theres a free version which is still much better then phpbb. but it comes with its own site.

the link to see for your self is:
http://www.invisionboard.com/

p.s. another plus to ipb's they are always have a coverter on them and games usely with them usely have great traffic. for example runescape's forum(http://www.runescape.com) is a ipb. they pay for the expencive on though. the business lisence which costs like $300 and its only a 1 time payment i maybe wrong. i dont know what costs are for it but i know that its a great thing to add to any site.
Last edited by assyrian worrier on Sat May 26, 2007 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
meet the true spammer (roar) i have a sig shop if you would like to see some work of mine.
go to [img]here[/img]
Spacey
Forum Zombie

As Zerry said, we are changing gears and moving to phpBB when a converter is developed. The wheels are already in motion.
"We few. We happy few. We band of brothers.
For those who shed their blood with me today
will always be my brother."
assyrian worrier
Fledgling Forumer

assyrian worrier wrote:are you sure i meen ipb boards actully take some exp.
i can make a phpbb board in no time
plus if you checked out the prices of ipb boards you would think twice
rstunescape one is great and just think about how the forum could change this up with it.
he's could have a replicator walk on screen or what ever race you are when you sign up but really that is a off link towards the site it ipb boards are better they never crash,make faster posting, have more room to do what ever you wish, they are not already made and if you were able you could keep this same link and push the ipb right into it because ibp is a computer softwear forum thats what makes it so much better.

you did read this part right?

this is what 2.2 provides:(there latest)

Brand new Personal Profile
The personal profile feature has been completely redesigned from the ground up, with a large focus on social networking features, such as profile comments and user rating.

Buddy lists
Users can now add other users to their buddy list, easing communication between friends and building new relationships. Troublesome users can be ignored.

New installer
A brand new installer system debuts with IP.Board 2.2. Using a simple visual step-by-step interface, the new installer makes it easier than ever to install the software, meaning you need not concern yourself with configuration files and code at all.

IP.Converge
Also brand new, IP.Converge is our authentication system that enables you to link the registration and login routines between boards (and even other products!)

New Rich-text Editor (RTE)
IP.Board 2.2 brings an all-new rich-text editor, making it easier for your users to apply various formatting to their posts, and see the formatting as they type it

plus everything phpbb (the newest one which i have a link to and it was set up by me)
link is http://makephpbb.com/phpbb/rslegends.html (its not very active atm but im making it that way.
go to [img]here[/img]
Rienna
Really Rienna :p
Alliance: T I T α N S
Race: Tollen
ID: 91926
Alternate name(s): La Reine Du Chaos

lol, look. I understand your enthusiasm for ipb forums, I have 3 of them for other things, but these boards work well, and as spacey said, we're in testing for the next phpBB 3.0 boards, which we will move to as soon as there is a converter. The new boards are good.
quickshot84
Forum Irregular
Race: Goa'uld

those forums in the first post are horrible :?
not to mention one of them gets a 404 error, and one is like information overload with clutter everywhere

and phpBB 3.0 = teh sex

these forums have always been phpBB, and will stay that way
Member of Ω Allegiance: 22/6/05 - 7/1/07
www.co-opp.net - because gaming was made to be fun [Clan OhnD, mcsA, mcOhnD!] - {CoD4/CSS/TF2} - #co-opp
assyrian worrier
Fledgling Forumer

o well i noticed rstunescape's admin: which is the one that is has a rune character that walks up in front of you and turns. and for each click you do it makes a cling sound for a sword hitting a shield and atm. the admin is making some ajustments he's adding more animations and such. it is ether that or he ran out of money to pay for the forum. because that second job he had could only pay for half and he was in good deblt but kept putting it off.

(phpBB 3.0 = teh sex)= "scratches head and wonders"?????
go to [img]here[/img]

Return to “Forum Specific Issues/Requests/Bugs (NOT GAME ISSUES)”