increase in new account stats

What do you want to see in the game? what can be improved? any suggestions welcome here...
Eternal Serenity
Forum Irregular
Race: Tollan
ID: 1922320

Re: Starting Stats upgraded(common topic dont believe so)

Yes but you are an experienced player and know what and how to do it. I came into this game completely confused. It wasn't easy to figure out everything and then trying to scrap together turns but that's just me as we can see Ive adapted well. Just figured this would be an easy way to bring some new players in who don't have a buddy helping them and do things themselves.
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin
Alliance: EPA
Race: Tauri
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

Actually, I hadn't played at all for 10 months before I restarted - and quite a lot had changed (I'm still finding little things out).

My point is that it isn't meant to be immediately easy for new players. They need to find out how the game works - and part of that is by forging friendships with people who will be willing to help. A lot of it is also trial and error - realising that actually you do need to build a defence to protect what you've got before you start building an attack to steal naq, and that perhaps it isn't a good idea to attack someone ranked 100 and with no defence - even if they do have a few billion naq out.

Believe me - it used to be a lot harder to build your account than it currently is.
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

I see and agree with both sides of this argument. I have felt like an increase in the start point is needed. I also fully agree with Wolf, it is just so easy to grow when your new.

Id like to see a small increase. Maybe 1000 units or so? nothing to encourage multis.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Heisenberg
Forum Expert
Alliance: TDD
ID: 84840
Alternate name(s): The Architect

Well i'd like to say,

This Shouldnt be changed, i started fresh in August 07, and got to g and r range very quick, from there on i ascended, i am now an Incarnate, 35 mil army, 500k u.p and 4.1 bil income, so to be honest they shouldnt be changed, there are now bigger amounts of naq and uu on players now than there was in August.

Thanks
Shuggy123
King_n00b
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

Re: increase in new account stats

Merged into the older topic on this...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Thade
Forum Elite
Alliance: Devil's Brigade
Race: Expendable
ID: 1940484

You know I just started back about two weeks ago. And no I'm not in G&R range. I haven't yet bought SS (but I'm thinking more about it). And I'd have to say I'm doing fairly well. If the suggestions talked about here were implemented it would become even easier for people to join and once they hit the tough point that's when they'd quit. It would lull them into a false sense of confidence and make even more abandoned farms out there (not that abandoned farms are bad I live on them). What I'm talking about is the sense of achievement when you reach a level that people who have been playing for several weeks are at after only a week - 3 weeks. Handing out lifers and other resources would simply take away the initial challenge, those who quit from the initial challenge would definitely quit when they reach the real critical point. Just thoughts from a recent addict. BTW I joined on March 13 and I'm currently Rank: 3,736 (not that great but a decent climb I'd say). Just some random thoughts at 130am.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Thade wrote:You know I just started back about two weeks ago. And no I'm not in G&R range. I haven't yet bought SS (but I'm thinking more about it). And I'd have to say I'm doing fairly well. If the suggestions talked about here were implemented it would become even easier for people to join and once they hit the tough point that's when they'd quit. It would lull them into a false sense of confidence and make even more abandoned farms out there (not that abandoned farms are bad I live on them). What I'm talking about is the sense of achievement when you reach a level that people who have been playing for several weeks are at after only a week - 3 weeks. Handing out lifers and other resources would simply take away the initial challenge, those who quit from the initial challenge would definitely quit when they reach the real critical point. Just thoughts from a recent addict. BTW I joined on March 13 and I'm currently Rank: 3,736 (not that great but a decent climb I'd say). Just some random thoughts at 130am.

nice work
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Reason, youll get dead.
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin
Alliance: EPA
Race: Tauri
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

Lore wrote:
Thade wrote:You know I just started back about two weeks ago. And no I'm not in G&R range. I haven't yet bought SS (but I'm thinking more about it). And I'd have to say I'm doing fairly well. If the suggestions talked about here were implemented it would become even easier for people to join and once they hit the tough point that's when they'd quit. It would lull them into a false sense of confidence and make even more abandoned farms out there (not that abandoned farms are bad I live on them). What I'm talking about is the sense of achievement when you reach a level that people who have been playing for several weeks are at after only a week - 3 weeks. Handing out lifers and other resources would simply take away the initial challenge, those who quit from the initial challenge would definitely quit when they reach the real critical point. Just thoughts from a recent addict. BTW I joined on March 13 and I'm currently Rank: 3,736 (not that great but a decent climb I'd say). Just some random thoughts at 130am.

nice work

agreed - and a good post too! It's refreshing to see someone who is willing to work at the game, rather than just be handed things.
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
Mr Nice Guy
Forum Expert

Why instead of givin that much units.. why dont u give the new accounta lil boost in turns... they get 10 turns per turn change instead of just 3.... it runs out when u achieve 1m uu or one month ( i know someone that used 3 months to get from 0 to 18m army size so this shouldnt kill anyone much ) but to make it interesting , these new accounts will only be able to farm , raid attack or what ever they want but their own rank or lower! at the end if they become a farm, well ... its part of the game everybody gets farmed first 6 months or so.
Thade
Forum Elite
Alliance: Devil's Brigade
Race: Expendable
ID: 1940484

Wolf359 wrote:
Lore wrote:

nice work

agreed - and a good post too! It's refreshing to see someone who is willing to work at the game, rather than just be handed things.

Thanks Wolf359 and Lore for the words of encouragement. I do like ua's idea.
unitedabominations wrote:Why instead of givin that much units.. why dont u give the new accounta lil boost in turns... they get 10 turns per turn change instead of just 3.... it runs out when u achieve 1m uu or one month ( i know someone that used 3 months to get from 0 to 18m army size so this shouldnt kill anyone much ) but to make it interesting , these new accounts will only be able to farm , raid attack or what ever they want but their own rank or lower! at the end if they become a farm, well ... its part of the game everybody gets farmed first 6 months or so.

Turns were what really got me started. I used my first three market trades to get the turns then went to town. I will definitely say there are things I would do different now but turns were essential to getting me started on my own. Either giving people extra turns or just giving them the 1760 personal turns and no market for the first week. It would probably really help people get into spirit of farming and raiding. Also, not sure if this is possible, but if every player started with some kind of Newbie guide in their inbox. One that suggested visiting certain threads in the forums as well as a few newbie hints to get started with. That's just an idea since few people probably check out the forums until they've played for a few. Great game in general though loving it so far. And if ya'll like my climb in main my rise in quantum was absolutely meteoric but that's another topic.
Laar
Forum Grunt

Thade wrote:.....

Also, not sure if this is possible, but if every player started with some kind of Newbie guide in their inbox. One that suggested visiting certain threads in the forums as well as a few newbie hints to get started with. That's just an idea since few people probably check out the forums until they've played for a few. Great game in general though loving it so far. ...

that's true,
I think that my first time on this forum was about a year after I started playing, and after being really active for 3-6 months. (not of course that I'm everyone, but just as an example)
somewhere on the forum
~qwerty wrote:Multy is written multi you n00b :D
ROFL
Mr Nice Guy
Forum Expert

I think that is not a bad idea ... but .. dont u all read a guide when u buy a home theater, a new stereo system... or a cell phone ??? i think its the same , the problem is how lazy the people is.
Maybe the new dudes should have an start with some star or something so old dudes knows who are new and try to help them!
I know a dude who used to be happy using 15 turns to raid 500 units..... with 4 months playin.... it will be really a good help but as we are all supossed to read guides and they arent ... the star thing would help more.
Chris M
Forum Expert
Race: System Lord
ID: 13122

i agree with the core idea here
RETIRED
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

This isnt a bad idea at all,

Maybe give a new account 500AT's that cannot be transferred, i dont agree with handing resources to people when the start to boost them, as they never learn the game, i can see if you had an officer or whatever and sending them naq for a covert level etc.

We have to remember that farming as a new player is easy when down in the 20k+ rank range, sure they are only farming 200mill-1bill, which is nothing if you have a 40mill armysize, but when you have a 1k army size, it makes a big difference.

Ultimately everyone on the server started in the same place.
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

GeneralChaos wrote:This isnt a bad idea at all,

Maybe give a new account 500AT's that cannot be transferred, i dont agree with handing resources to people when the start to boost them, as they never learn the game,

Good idea, heck give them 5K AT (Non transferable) to start with.
Reason, youll get dead.

Return to “Game Suggestions”