Command Star

For discussion on balance, bugs, likes, dislikes of recently released features.
Jora Sjacka
Forum Regular
Race: Accountant
ID: 0

It IS true that your intel goes UP when you ascend, but...
These guys really didn't know as well before, so their IQ has gone up by like 1, from 45 to 46 :wink:

-Jora-
Ira furor brevis est.
BombedDeer
Forum Irregular

My Anus is bleeding!
CRÅYSHACK_Toe wrote:*comparse his post count to the unspeakable one's*

[sarcasm]Yay I realy don't matter.[/sarcasm]
Some people are just so silly!
~Phoenix~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Unaligned
Race: Immortal

BombedDeer wrote:My Anus is bleeding!

Uranus is bleeding :shock:
Fox
Forum Grunt

K an actually post regarding how I feel the command star can be improved.
Just a technicallity really and perhaps I am being incredibly anal but I will be the first to admit it.

On the top left side of the command star screen the order goes Defence on top and offence on the bottom.
Yet on the bottom the left side, it goes offence on the top and defence on the bottom.
Then once again on the right top, its offence on top and defence on the bottom and again bottom right is offence top and defence bottom.

Bottom line, is it possible for the top left section to be reversed to make it a uniform Offence on top and defence on the bottom like all the other screens thus far.
The whole idea is fantastic tho and I love it!!!
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

yes -done.
and - defence is now more powerful than offence...
considering offence is the only thing that damages, and defence simply stops oncoming offence -- game theory needs a bigger reward for choosing defence :)

Fox wrote:K an actually post regarding how I feel the command star can be improved.
Just a technicallity really and perhaps I am being incredibly anal but I will be the first to admit it.

On the top left side of the command star screen the order goes Defence on top and offence on the bottom.
Yet on the bottom the left side, it goes offence on the top and defence on the bottom.
Then once again on the right top, its offence on top and defence on the bottom and again bottom right is offence top and defence bottom.

Bottom line, is it possible for the top left section to be reversed to make it a uniform Offence on top and defence on the bottom like all the other screens thus far.
The whole idea is fantastic tho and I love it!!!
Don't make me use this!!!
Angelus
Forum Grunt

game theory needs a bigger reward for choosing defence

Really?

Surely if you can not see anothers command star level, you will take on less risk of attacking and consilidate with defense.

In game theory, attacking is the better outcome for the individual to gain naq and is constrained by attack turns. It is the better outcome only assuming he has a better attack then anothers defence .

In a simple two person model, the options are to concentrate on attack or defense.

The best outcome is for both to defend, none to attack as both get to keep their own naq.
Attacking brings about possible rewards, but possible costs of defeat (repairs, losses, constrained by turns) which acts as a counter incentive to attacking.

Thus in a nash equilibrium style model, both individuals concentrating on attack is a worse, but still possible equilibrium point if the model is progressive (i.e. based on past decisions, not a single moment model). A better equilibrium is for both to buy just defense, as you lose no turns. Repairs and planet losses only occur if another attacks (which in this case will not happen*),

Anyway, my argument is that that attack should be stronger, or at least equal in level to defence, as you take on the additional loss of turns as a constraint for its successful use.

Hope this makes sense

Regards

A

*as in a progressive system, based on a 50:50 attack success to defense success at the same level both individuals will choose defense as it incurs no losses.
chunkysoup
Forum Intermediate

yea actually i was going to say pretty much the same thing, but artiglio beat me to it
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

except that attack IS defence....
to get to the troops, you need to blow through their defence (proper) then their offence THEN onto troops.....
difference between attack and defence (on defence) is that shields suck up more damage, and don't get as damaged....
Don't make me use this!!!
GhostyGoo
Forum Addict
Alliance: 5PYM45T3R
Race: HE WHO KEEPS ME HERE
Location: ZOOMING THROUGH YOUR EGO AT A ZILLION MILES AN HOUR

Honours and Awards

:lol: i called mine The Goo™ Star

-Goo™
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
GhostyGoo wrote:Yesno.
the3rdlibra wrote:if it's a silly turnip head competition you want, i'm going to decline as i think i may have met my match in you vegetable brains.
Cersei Lannister wrote:Debasing? I am not the one drawing crazy pictures of force fielded stick figures.
Energise
Magical Monkeys & Grapefruit Migration:|:Hallowed are the Gò.Ó'ri™ **fixed**
vali
Forum Newbie

i couldn't find anywhere if it contributes to your total rank....

in updatesection it says it does not contribute to your defence and ofence rank however i wonder if it also doesn't effect your total rank....

does someone have the answer?
chunkysoup
Forum Intermediate

yes, it contributes to your total rank

ie:

attack: rank 10
defense: rank 5
covert: rank 7
assassin: rank 8
command star: rank 358
influence: rank 1

you add up all of these: 10+5+7+8+358+1 = 389

every else in the game has all of theirs added up... then whoever has lowest sum is rank 1, 2nd lowest is rank 2, etc...

didnt really mean to go into whole explanation of ranking system heh, but wanted to make sure its clear that command star rank is completely separate from other rankings
Fills you up right

Hallowed is Chunky
Hallowed are the Indu
vali
Forum Newbie

ok thanks for teh explaination, and the extra info is usefull to:P
axemaster
Forum Newbie

Mine is named Pulsar - beat that if you can. Oh by the way, I feel bad for the guy who named his "Battlestar Galactica". I truely dislike that show (omg don't destroy me you crazy fanatical people). :evil: :evil:
MGZ
Forum Irregular

I named mine the super shiny thing because (admit it) we all like shiny things. and because my realm is the Land of Shiny Things. it's going well, and raids/app are going into it.
political correctness is a doctrine fostered by an illogical liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mass media that holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

I believe gun control is being able to hit your target.
GenObiWan
Forum Newbie

Does anyone else think that the scaling of the power of the command star is really out of whack? Without revealing exact stats it seems like the command stars are a factor of 10 and maybe even a factor of 20 less powerful than normal attack and defense. The cost of the command star is extremely high and the overall power is significantly less comapred to spending an equal amount of DMU on normal attack and defense. If it wasn't for rankings there would be no point at all in spending anything on the command stars because they don't help attack or def at all.

My suggestion would be to immediately increase the power of the command star by a factor of 10. That would ensure that it is fair since the change would affect everyone equally. In keeping with realism I would suggest changing it by even more because a powerful mothership hovering above should be able to destroy puny ground troops running around. Adjusting the power by a factor of 20 or 25 wouldn't be out of line with keeping the spirit of realism in the game.

Return to “Discussion on Released Enhancements”