The market is just getting stupid again

A place to discuss 'Market Stuff'

Moderator: Market Mods

311 [TA]
Forum Expert
ID: 0

Re: The market is just getting stupid again

prices are still 2 low ......... can we go 1 week without a prices are 2 high whining thread?
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil,
is good men do nothing.
*Much props to greenman for my wicked new sig, thanks G oh yeaaaaaaaaah! *
DUDEY
Forum Regular

TheRook wrote:dudey I'll hold onto some UU so you can raid again :)

I wouldn't want it to overwhelm your account
hfown
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Ancient Brethren
Race: season 10+ tauri
ID: 1970200

the more expensive turns are it seems the longer people wait before raiding (before it used to be raid at 30k UU now its like raid at 60k UU) so it doesnt really hurt to raid just bigger numbers :-)
TheRook
Forum Addict
Alliance: Warlords of Briton
Race: Humanoid
ID: 30679

DUDEY wrote:
TheRook wrote:dudey I'll hold onto some UU so you can raid again :)

I wouldn't want it to overwhelm your account

hehe

dont worry, you would be surprised how resourceful I am at coping ;)
My Account for Sale (cold hard cash) at the link below (Have a look its a great deal!)
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 1&t=174111

Main ID = 30679 | Ascended ID = 1467
Zogean King
Forum Grunt
Alliance: Byzantine Empire
Race: Ancient
ID: 49255

Yeah the market seems to be going back to like it was before but it is people like me who raid. Technically you can make more attacking for naqu and then buying UU but i always seem to annoy 2 many players doing so. Instead i annoy eveyone by being one of the raiders :smt019 but if you want to make turns less expencive again i'm all for it, but for the game i think that would be a step in the wrong direction. We should learn 2 b sencible and use a sustainable amount of turns unlike me lol.
Mark/Heaven Seeker says:
lol I'm a sad **Filtered** mate and have no life lol

I wish i was a giant squid as then i wouldn't have to go 2 lectures (and i could attack boats) says:
You r my idol!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark/Heaven Seeker says:
lol I like it
zeekomkommer
Forum Addict
Alliance: sigma leader
Race: systemlord
ID: 70578

well i'm a raider and the 1/60 rate is normal to me. yes you make less profit as a raider but becausse less ppl want to raid @ that rate there are less raiders, les raiders means more and better raid targets. so it all balances out
kali
Forum Newbie

it is a normal suply and demand thing
turns will go up untill they will be 2 expensive and then they will start to go down because it will be cheaper to sell them than raid

it will all balance out as it says in the previous post above ^^^^^^^^^

the rates should NOT be artificially controled by the admin because that would make an urealistic value (see global marketing for more details)

the game should be as realistic as possible so if there were only limited ammount of turns ingame (like in real life) there would costantly be missing and so the price would rise (like it is in life and should be)
noxOn`
Forum Irregular
Alliance: I
Race: quit SGW
ID: 4913

lol, i miss those days: 1AT : 10 UU

but not 1 : 70+ :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

And 21 bil for a MT ??!!

These prices are waaaaaaay to high.

PS, and on the market, where u got 3 MTs, its 4,3bil for 256 Turns :shock: , like 6 months ago it was 600 turn for like 3b :shock: , lets use timemachine :lol: :lol:
SGC...... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

MGZ
Forum Irregular

I for one am extremely grateful for the law of supply and demand. most of my huge purchases are done by selling off thousands of AT once. heck, if prices continue to fall it may come to be that 3 mt of 5 multiples each will not satisfy my ability to trade away at.

perhaps I'll go to the suggestion forum with the idea of replacing the multiples drop-down with a multiples text box...
political correctness is a doctrine fostered by an illogical liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mass media that holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

I believe gun control is being able to hit your target.
Alamut
Forum Newbie
Race: Indu
ID: 68712

ok guys i am waching 2 month price on a market look at this :
30.7.2007 Current Exchange rates: 4,260,000,000 Naquadah for 280 Turns for 10,800
20.8.2007 12:09:30 Current Exchange rates 4,320,000,000 Naquadah for 264 Turns for 10,400 Mining
31.8.2007 0:24:50 Current Exchange rates: 4,360,000,000 Naquadah for 256 Turns for 10,200
Today on 2.10.2007 Current Exchange rates:
4,480,000,000 Naquadah for 224 Turns for 9,800 Mining Drone/Lifers
so if ti will go on like this we can expect that price will be on december like 6,000,000,000 Naquadah for 110 Turns
MGZ
Forum Irregular

someone tell the newbies! (and warn them to go on PPT first so they aren't attacked the heck out of right afterwards)
political correctness is a doctrine fostered by an illogical liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mass media that holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

I believe gun control is being able to hit your target.
Rouge Beast
Forum Newbie

im quite willing to pay the rices for ats at the moment ive been paying 70k uu for 1k ats for a while its fine by me im making 40k min uu from 1k ats and from that i buy another 1k and keep making profit. But the market prices were so much lower a few months ago one day 1k ats was just above 20bill per k and all of a sudden there 30bill 40 bill some people trying for 50bill per. now thats just crazy.
noxOn`
Forum Irregular
Alliance: I
Race: quit SGW
ID: 4913

about ATs... the prices are going up, cause people have more and more naq outside, so they farm and get 100bil / 1k ATs , thats the only thing, reduce your incomes, get defense, and the prices will fall....
SGC...... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Lord_Zeus
Forum Regular

Unlimited at's should never have been brought into the game... it was a mistake to do so, more ats does not equal more uu through raiding, common sense should tell you this. All an increase in availability would do is mean you need to attack 20x on a target instead of 10x to get the same amount.
Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Stickin it to the man!
TacticalCommander
Forum Regular
Race: Saige
ID: 8742

Lord_Zeus wrote:Unlimited at's should never have been brought into the game... it was a mistake to do so, more ats does not equal more uu through raiding, common sense should tell you this. All an increase in availability would do is mean you need to attack 20x on a target instead of 10x to get the same amount.

Regardless, the game has been designed and built around having a large quantity of available AT's, it can not function without it.

Wars are defined by Massing.

Massing a defense, Massing Covert, Massing Planets, Massing MS(this can be combined with defense).

In order for players to grow quickly, they need to large supply of AT to farm/raid...raid to build army size, or farm to get naq to build UP.

What are they suppose to do when prices rise above what they can afford or make a profit? Sell AT? Need some form of SS to do that, besides, wheres the fun in just selling. Might be fun at first, but I imagine most players will grow bored sitting around selling and leave before they can afford to buy AT's in the quantity they need to grow effectively.

Besides, AT prices are rising faster than what farms/raids can produce to compensate. Meaning, farming for more naq or more UU means waiting longer for accounts to generate that amount of UU or naq. I don't imagine new players wanting to stick with the game if its going to take them forever to get AT, then have to wait so long for a farm to become profitable, all the while, the big players who got big from the unlimited AT in the game continue to out grow them.

You would think bigger accounts would be leaving the game would compensate for the current small ones lack of production, but now people don't leave, they sell the account. And players who have gotten tired from trying to grow the hard way, are all too happy to buy those accounts.

TC
GLORY TO THE GOD ALMIGHTY!
I am not being aggressive, I am being dominant.

Return to “Market Discussion”