field lengths

Rob--1
Forum Grunt

field lengths

i think it might be a good idea to increase the field lengths, its a bit of a pain being limited to training only 999 units at a time, only being able to send amounts less than 1 bil in naq, sab/recon limited to 99,999. im sure i have left out a few others aswell...
Yu Huang Shang Ti
Fledgling Forumer
Race: EAG System Lord
ID: 15205

This has been discussed before. Im all for it though. The main argument against it seemed to be that some people actually liked the maths involved.
Naq sold to date: 1145T
Spoon
Forum Intermediate
ID: 0

Yep I agree as well
Keep smiling it makes people wonder what your up to.
micko

changing things all the time seems wrong to me.
leave sleeping dogs lie
Sleipnir
Merriest Mod in the West

Honours and Awards

micko wrote:changing things all the time seems wrong to me.
leave sleeping dogs lie

I don't see why. The game is growing as the amounts of everything increase. So it's only logical that the amounts you can buy/transfer increase as well. It's no longer uncommon for people to have tens of thousands of weapons, and training the men to arm them can become annoying. It's gonna have to happen sooner or later anyway.

As soon as you build an idiot proof system, somebody else builds a better idiot.

If it moves, kill it. If it doesn't move, kick it until it does move, and then kill it.
Spoon
Forum Intermediate

Its spy training that annoys me the most as its limited to 999 and when i train spies i like to train about 5000 a time now.
Keep smiling it makes people wonder what your up to.
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin
Alliance: EPA
Race: Tauri

Honours and Awards

Re: field lengths

Rob--1 wrote:i think it might be a good idea to increase the field lengths, its a bit of a pain being limited to training only 999 units at a time, only being able to send amounts less than 1 bil in naq, sab/recon limited to 99,999. im sure i have left out a few others aswell...

Huh? I can send more than 99,999 on sab/recon missions.
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
micko

Increasing the amount on the training page is a great idea i agree, training only 999 does get annoying but as for the amoury being able too only sell 9999 at a time i think should not change for the reason being it is unfair for people who have already sold wepons for upgrades and have had too rush the process cause of large amount of naq out at one time.

Why should it be easy for anyone else too be able too sell and buy spy lvls in one go rather than having too sell in 2,3or4 lots of 9999 weapons at a time, a lot of us have been vunerable for this long period of selling and buying already and if we got attacked for having 1 or 2 bill naq out for this time it was good luck to whoever found it, everyone should have the same advantage of being able too attack someone while they are in the mad rush of selling loads of 9999 weapons at a time.
Doesnt everyone dream of being able to find a jackpot like that rather than 30-40 mill attacks all the time, if it were as easy as selling 999,999 at once rather than 9,999 at a time there would be no fun scanning hundreds of pages all the time in searc of that big attack cause youd know it would never happen.
Rob--1
Forum Grunt

lets not forgot we also had weapon limits on the game.... if you want to expand then you have to do whats needed !

mercs tranfer is another field that does my head in... anyone untrained and retrained over 100k spies? :shock:
Saturnine
Forum Regular
Race: Goauld
ID: 9570

Since the main server will never end, I say we just max em all out now and stop dealing with it every three-four months that it is needed.

untrain 999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999
spies
Lord Kaiti
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: The System Lord Alliance
Race: Goa'uld

http://www.stargatewars.com/phpBB2/view ... highlight=

Yeah, I suggested this and the vote is clearly in favor of doing it...
Rob--1
Forum Grunt

well once we reach a stage that we end up having to many zeros on everything then im sure it can be agreed to remove some of them. but for now we should have at least 2 extra spaces on most fields. obviously with all coverts grinding to a halt and many having over 100k now its difficult to recon/sab others. obviously people would lose more units but people will also make more. also for weapon selling/buying there is a limit, aswell as banking which is limited to just under 1bil per transaction.....
Rob--1
Forum Grunt

bump!

Return to “Suggestions Archive”