Rank Mod

Suggest any improvements
High Empty
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
Race: God's Left Hand
ID: 102803

Rank Mod

Removal of the distant, descension attack mod!

meaning we already can only hurt them so much,

i in have someone in mind that got 1mil lifeforce, but i'll only be able to kill aobut 50k a hit, so it's going to take me a few weeks to descend them however i'm not even able to hit them. SO if you could remove that mod, that further protects people. id being able to hit anyone on the server with an attack when your at the top, since you really can't get around it.

AND YES IT"S PICKING ON SMALL PLAYERs, ofcourse in this case the guys got a 100mil account in main!
"Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which in prosperous circumstances would have lain dormant."
"Shut Up Features" -Replijake
311 [TA]
Forum Expert
ID: 0

Re: Rank Mod

rank mods are their for a reason, so you cant descend some new player that just ascended

now this player apparently has been playing longer

however, if the rank mod was removed u would then be able to hit the just ascended player when now you cant.

Fixes to problems are not always perfect, best you can do is have a friend in your alliance close in rank attack this player instead.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil,
is good men do nothing.
*Much props to greenman for my wicked new sig, thanks G oh yeaaaaaaaaah! *
High Empty
Forum Addict

311 [TA] wrote:rank mods are their for a reason, so you cant descend some new player that just ascended

now this player apparently has been playing longer

however, if the rank mod was removed u would then be able to hit the just ascended player when now you cant.

Fixes to problems are not always perfect, best you can do is have a friend in your alliance close in rank attack this player instead.

lol there isn't anyone in my allaince that can hit the person. and see i got nothing better to do with the turns. his id's in the 1000 so it's not cause he's new

Which btw i approve of not being able to descend them infact i'd give them a 6 month, catch up phase.

Truely, i only want to remove the lifeforce off certain players that don't long in, and it provides me somewhere to waste turns. lol i don't even have to descended them till we go to war in main. but i'm just trying to do something that doesn't invole making it so active players are effected.
"Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which in prosperous circumstances would have lain dormant."
| Nemesis |
Fledgling Forumer

The new rank mod was designed to help and protect the smaller/newer players like myself

This rank mod makes you need the weaker players in the way that if you cant deascend somebody low ranked you have to get to get either one of your weaker friends or pay a mercenary to do it where as before only the strong got this sort of work
Give a man the means to start a fire and he can stay warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he`ll be warm for the rest of his life!
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

| Nemesis | wrote:The new rank mod was designed to help and protect the smaller/newer players like myself

This rank mod makes you need the weaker players in the way that if you cant deascend somebody low ranked you have to get to get either one of your weaker friends or pay a mercenary to do it where as before only the strong got this sort of work

This mean your for hire?
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
| Nemesis |
Fledgling Forumer

Well somebody has to benefit from this and it might aswell be me :-D
Give a man the means to start a fire and he can stay warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he`ll be warm for the rest of his life!
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

| Nemesis | wrote:Well somebody has to benefit from this and it might aswell be me :-D

Good point :D
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
High Empty
Forum Addict

Lore wrote:
| Nemesis | wrote:Well somebody has to benefit from this and it might aswell be me :-D

Good point :D

there are a few for hire at the moment, just drop me aline and i'll set you up,

Then again i can just make them into descending accounts aswell.
Mojo Rising
Forum Irregular
ID: 1975707

The rank mod is a crutch put in by Admin to kowtow to the whiners who quick ascended and then felt their tenuous grasp on their bonuses slipping away when descension came in. Rank mods are not necessary nor are they helping the game at all. In fact, what they are doing is stagnating the game. The big people can't do anything but grow now, so that is what they are doing because they can't do anything else. Admin has handcuffed us and made our accounts worthless for attacking/descending/etc. If we were able to descend people, I would be more than willing to GEAR my account towards that end and not spend so much in increasing my income and planets. If you don't want to get descended, don't ascend. It's that simple. I will keep on saying this until it gets through: ASCENSION WAS A CHOICE!!!!! No one 'forced' you to ascend. You made a conscious decision to click on the icon, choose an ascended race and take the plunge. Some of you chose poorly and chose to keep most of your main account resources. Others were wise and amassed huge UPs and lots of APP to ascend well and build an ascension account that was self-sufficient. Any of you could have done the same. And it has very little to do with ascending early because when I first ascended there were no motherships, no miners, no raiding. It was all about the UP back then. My first ascension was 5200 APP. In fact, my seventh (and last) ascension eclipsed the point total of my first six ascensions by about four times. Up until then, I had an above average but not great ascension account. Then I started being able to work my account levels on a daily basis and I finally turned the corner and became rank 1 in ascension. Until Forum said, "I shall screw thee royally for ascending so well and punish thee for amassing so many planets" and made it a crime to be big in ascension.
~Zekk~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Universal Consciousness
Race: Magi
ID: 616

Mojo Rising wrote:Rank mods are not necessary nor are they helping the game at all. In fact, what they are doing is stagnating the game.

I agree, the rank mods need to be removed completely or balance will never be found on this server.

As for forum being so mean, I don't really think so. He's like a parent, overprotecting the new baby while ignoring the feelings of the older sibling. He needs to learn that the older sibling is more responsible then he thinks, and needs stop smothering the new baby with attention and protection he doesn't need.

I know, weird comparison but its the best I could come up with.

~Zeke~
Image--by Miko Miko, for KonataChan, of animesuke. *borrows without permission, but with credits* ~_^

Anyone Play Go?
Omoc wrote:
S*rew the equality!

I LOVE WHEN MY GIRLFRIEND DOMINATES ME! :lol: :lol: :lol:
High Empty
Forum Addict

~Zekk~ wrote:
Mojo Rising wrote:Rank mods are not necessary nor are they helping the game at all. In fact, what they are doing is stagnating the game.

I agree, the rank mods need to be removed completely or balance will never be found on this server.

As for forum being so mean, I don't really think so. He's like a parent, overprotecting the new baby while ignoring the feelings of the older sibling. He needs to learn that the older sibling is more responsible then he thinks, and needs stop smothering the new baby with attention and protection he doesn't need.

I know, weird comparison but its the best I could come up with.

OK to clear things up, I"VE NO PROBLEMS WHATS SO EVER WITH MY ATTACK BEING REDUCED!

What i've got a problem with is being unable to attack PERIOD!.

~Zeke~
Hensenshi
Strange Soldier
ID: 0

High Empty(or so I think) wrote:OK to clear things up, I"VE NO PROBLEMS WHATS SO EVER WITH MY ATTACK BEING REDUCED!

What i've got a problem with is being unable to attack PERIOD!.

Definitely the issue. Although overall the concept of losing strike in any capacity is rather unfair.
~Krys~
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Nemesis
ID: 68005

i agree
~krys~ the last 2ic of The Order
RIP
Lord Silent Bob
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: The Magnificents
Race: Bundy Drinker
ID: 1905342

Yeah something needs to be done.

I'm only new to the ascended server (5 weeks)
I did two fairly large ascensions
(about 7 mil APP total)and plowed just about everything into life force and Charisma.

Now, I can't raid, I can't farm. can't even descend the guy I wanna hit. basically I can't do anything except for stat build.

Is that really fair after having put so much work into those ascensions?

If I'd not done big ascensions I'd be LG and have an army over 50 mil by now

Return to “Suggestions”