SPOLIER THREAD -- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

The Community's new book club where you can recommend and discuss your favourite novels to keep one busy during those boring hours of waiting to bank.
Dark Bahamut
Forum Elite
ID: 0

Re: SPOLIER THREAD -- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

wow a lot of people didnt like it

i am going to be completely honest, i loved every minute of it
favourite one by far and i've read all of them numerous times
absolutely class i thought

Sticks and stones will break your bones but Dark Bahamut will hunt down and kill your entire family.
311 [TA]
Forum Expert

Dark Bahamut wrote:wow a lot of people didnt like it

i am going to be completely honest, i loved every minute of it
favourite one by far and i've read all of them numerous times
absolutely class i thought

im with you , i liked it 2
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil,
is good men do nothing.
*Much props to greenman for my wicked new sig, thanks G oh yeaaaaaaaaah! *
Angnoch
Dancing Shark God
Alliance: ~Leaf Village~
Race: Care Bear
ID: 1917273

oh dont get me wrong I liked the book I just thought that the epilogue was a little rushed it didnt really tell you what had happened in the subsequent years and I want to know :(
Spoiler
velya
Forum Addict

i for one don't give a damn about the brats ron/hermy, harry/ginny poped out, only character i was really intrested in was george. i mean JK set them up as this inseperable pair all through the series, you never saw them apart, yet she kills one of them and never tells us how the other continues, i wanna know if he carried on with the shop solo or maybe after the loss of his brother, maybe he lost heart in that stuff. its kinda like she never really finished that thread.
311 [TA]
Forum Expert

she has already been quoted as saying

SHE may make 1 more book

telling about what happens to everyone after hogwarts ........so

it was not a mistake on her part to leave you wanting more about that
is good men do nothing.
velya
Forum Addict

but she's also quoted in saying she wants a break from the HP world for a bit and try writing more adult fiction :(
311 [TA]
Forum Expert

velya wrote:but she's also quoted in saying she wants a break from the HP world for a bit and try writing more adult fiction :(

that is true ..........

but she can write down who took a crap after voldermort died and she makes MILLIONS, so you can expect it eventually ....she is saying the 8th book which she may or not make, she says never say never in another interview would go to charity ..........that way i think it doesn't have to be polished writing ..........just kinda globbed together

Harry Potter author JK Rowling’s seventh Harry Potter book might not be the last we read of the young wizard, and his friends - Rowling said that she’s planning another installment in the fantasy franchise.

The seventh book, Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows hits bookstores on July 21st, and while JK Rowling has always insisted it would be the last chapter of the phenomenally successful series - she is now considering an eighth book.

She says, “I might do an eighth book for charity, a kind of encyclopedia of the world so I could use all the extra material that’s not in the books.”
is good men do nothing.
snuggles
Forum Newbie

Angnoch wrote:oh dont get me wrong I liked the book I just thought that the epilogue was a little rushed it didnt really tell you what had happened in the subsequent years and I want to know :(

Yeah she left us wanting to know more, but it would be impossible to include everything. She wrote the end different originally but changed it so it was actually more like a story. To much information would have ruined the epilogue and you would of still hated it.

She did give more information in an interview, http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/19959323/
Angnoch
Dancing Shark God

thank you for that but I still need to know more LMAO
Spoiler
velya
Forum Addict

but still nothing about george :( i wanna hear about george
Milenko
Forum Expert
Alliance: DoC
Race: Ancient
ID: 1911875

I finished the book today. OMG!!! Made me rethink a lot of things I had concluded after reading the 6th book. GREAT BOOK!!!! :D
I found that the other books were just 20 chapters of build up and a few chapters of action then a big let down at the end but this one was the opposite. A few chapters of build up and 30 chapters of action. And a war too, what more could you ask for??? I also loved the last chapter to see how they ended up. There, I feel better now that I have it off my chest, no one else I know has read it so I can't talk about it with them, thanx for letting me get this off my chest :-D
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with years of experience!

Trade Feedback
RepliMagni
Forum Addict
Alliance: Loner :P
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1908448

I gotta say I'm surprised so many people didn't like it...

I loved the kind of slow frustration in the first few hundred pages....readers could actually identify with how Ron felt....you just wanted them to get on with it, even though they didn't know what to do.This was then replaced after Gringotts as everything snowballed out of control to the final meeting. Whether intentional or not, it had a good effect.

She also (IMO) created a good atmosphere in the book of terror....in all the others (and for that matter most fantasy fiction) the "Dark Lord" is always some far off guy, very threatening, but not very personal. None of the horror ever seems to sink in....However, in this book, you have Lovegood doing everything he can to save his daughter, people being rounded up, the constant fear of impersonators, Lupin and Tonks leaving a child to be brought up without parents....sometimes I actually had to remind myself that this was supposed to be a kids book.

I think she did the human aspect of the book quite well....it was the magic side that let it down for me. For example, how easy it was for Ron, Hermoine and Harry to stay on the run with a few protection spells and apparating everyday....undermines some of the terror if it was this easy (all you had to do was not say Voldemort). Also, things like how Harry repeatedly cast a shield charm to protect people at the end...how is that supposed to work against the killing curse? I thought nothing did....

And only having 20 odd pages after Voldemort dies is silly....she skips over the end by saying everyone was happy but grieving....where is the conversation with the Weasley family? That would have really challenged her to write, so she leaves it to our imagination.....And I agree with the others, would Harry really want to be an aurora still? I always thought he'd be Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher....it was suposedly cursed after Dumbledore turned Riddle down for the job....who better than Harry to be it?
~Anubis~
Forum Grunt
Race: INDU

I also hated the stupid bit at the end. That whole "Where are they now" premise was stupid. And if she simply had to include something like that, why couldn't she have included more significant details? I wanted to see what happened in the immediate aftermath of Voldemort's death. At the least we should've gotten an epilogue set a couple of months after Voldemort's defeat. The jump years and years into the future wouldn't have been bad if we would've learned more than the fact that Harry married Ginny and Ron married Hermione. What's Harry done with his life since Voldemort's defeat? How was the wizarding community put back together after institutions like the Ministry of Magic were decimated? We didn't get any answers.

I gotta agree didnt like the ending, didnt like how glossed over the final battle was.Woulda liked alot more about certain things such as how harry dealt with all the death and destruction his fight with voldermort made.

What happens to the inseperable twins? How is harry gonna deal with being a godfather in exactly the same situation as sirius was?

PS she also still doesnt explain who the hell Luna's Mum was.

PPS i did actually love the book, but there were just some things i wanted more written on.
Angnoch
Dancing Shark God

Lunas mother was explained in the fifth book she was a witch who died while experimenting with new magic
Spoiler
velya
Forum Addict

i think luna mentioned that her mother blew up infront of her, thats how she could see the thestrals (SP?)

Return to “The Book Club”