High Empty
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
Race: God's Left Hand
ID: 102803

Bang for buck

VOte

On Increasing lifeforce.
Meaning that if your max was at 50k, 10x would make it at 500k.
meaning that the smaller players can upgrade there accounts more quickly. and it doesn't really help the larger player who generate too much dmu anyways.
Last edited by High Empty on Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which in prosperous circumstances would have lain dormant."
"Shut Up Features" -Replijake
V|per
Forum Regular
Alliance: SLOvenia UNiTED
ID: 41341

Re: Bang for buck

No, it should stay the same.
Gandalf the White
Forum Grunt

Upgrading max LF is punative currently for small accounts. For Example a level 43 gives you 29379 max LF. The next level costs 398535 LF to give about 800 or so extra max LF points. 800! Whats the point in a small account like mine spending 4 billion dmu to do that when you get the extra 800 by converting 8mill dmu (equivalent) every day. I imagine the cost/benefit analysis is 100's of times worse for those above me.

An increase would be nice. maybe 10x is too much though. 2x would be a good start just to see how it goes.
Hensenshi
Strange Soldier
ID: 0

Definitely like this idea.
~Krys~
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Nemesis
ID: 68005

i like any change to ascended in regards to this
wouldn't mind change of ascension rates either
~krys~ the last 2ic of The Order
RIP
KGC
Forum Irregular
Race: Ancient
ID: 1986462

Sounds like a good change. I support it.
samson1111
Forum Irregular

long time ago I read a good suggestion, where every1 should get the same amount of APPs... this would help the smaller players. But what I was thinking, that this APP or LF could be used only for power up upgrades. Lets say:

Every1 gets x ammount of LF every month.
the LF would be stored in a special LF storage, that couldnt be transformed into normal LF or DMU... it could be used only for power up upgrades
Hansbrough
Forum Expert

this is one of the better suggested I've read in a while.
Raven
Forum Elite

It would also mean easier descensions right? or wasnt that the purpose of this anyway?
Former Member of The Legion
'Terrorists of SGW'
buck
The Main Event
Race: Degenerate
ID: 16843

Honours and Awards

Sounds like a good change, and this way you can take away all the silly cotten wool so small people will either have to grow or die!
Spoiler
2006 -
Poster of the Year
2007 -
Runner up signature of the Year
Runner up most improved player of the Year
Runner up hero of the Year
Alliance war of the year (CIA vs COP)
2008-
Hall of Fame
2009-
Runner up Hero of the Year
2010-
Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Tekki)
Runner up Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Darthudd)

Noteworthy alliances-
Omega
Mayhem
Radical Minority
Nemesis Sect
Warlords of Briton

Previous affiliations-
TL
Ricos
DDE
The Tok'ra
The OOC
The SLA

Missed and dear friends -
Too Many to count, but never forgotten.
Code:
"Now I Don't like you, I don't respect you, and I sure as hell don't fear you. But seeing how your standing in the middle of my yard, I will break you."
High Empty
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
Race: God's Left Hand
ID: 102803

Gandalf the White wrote:Upgrading max LF is punative currently for small accounts. For Example a level 43 gives you 29379 max LF. The next level costs 398535 LF to give about 800 or so extra max LF points. 800! Whats the point in a small account like mine spending 4 billion dmu to do that when you get the extra 800 by converting 8mill dmu (equivalent) every day. I imagine the cost/benefit analysis is 100's of times worse for those above me.

An increase would be nice. maybe 10x is too much though. 2x would be a good start just to see how it goes.

Ok were going to take your example of level 43, that gives you 29379 and the next one costs 398535, and only gives you a 800 increase, what i'm suggesting is, that levels 43 gets you 293790, so that you still only get an 8000, increase but it doesn't take your account, 10 years to get that lifeforce.

Still i would press for a higher then 10x increase.

Raven, it's like this, you haven't yet to make a suggestion that anyone liked even yourself, that doesn't just invole reseting the server. But yeah this update would make it easier to descend someone sort of, it's called by giving them more, it means that they can lose more. Not really going to be bad for the smaller guys, or the guys who don't run their mouths, however it is going to be bad for the guys that thought well i can do what i want cause there no way they can descend me as i've gotten so much lifeforce that i just log in every 2 days to make sure it's still there. For the smaller players it is going to make descending harder, as they have more lifeforce.

Basicly this update is a + for those accounts that are trying to actively play.
This update is a - for those account that stock up on lifeforce and then go and forget to log in for a month.
"Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which in prosperous circumstances would have lain dormant."
"Shut Up Features" -Replijake
Hells__Angel
Forum Elder

Still don't fully understand what you are suggesting :?
Tauriman77
Forum Intermediate

i would really like to see this come in, the reason i dont really play ascension is because its way to hard to get a good account made, the ones on top now will be on top forever unless an update is made to help newer players a bit.
nimious
Fledgling Forumer

far beter would be if admin finaly change rate for trading APP to LF
Raven
Forum Elite

High Empty wrote:
Gandalf the White wrote:Upgrading max LF is punative currently for small accounts. For Example a level 43 gives you 29379 max LF. The next level costs 398535 LF to give about 800 or so extra max LF points. 800! Whats the point in a small account like mine spending 4 billion dmu to do that when you get the extra 800 by converting 8mill dmu (equivalent) every day. I imagine the cost/benefit analysis is 100's of times worse for those above me.

Ok were going to take your example of level 43, that gives you 29379 and the next one costs 398535, and only gives you a 800 increase, what i'm suggesting is, that levels 43 gets you 293790, so that you still only get an 8000, increase but it doesn't take your account, 10 years to get that lifeforce.

Still i would press for a higher then 10x increase.

Raven, it's like this, you haven't yet to make a suggestion that anyone liked even yourself, that doesn't just invole reseting the server. But yeah this update would make it easier to descend someone sort of, it's called by giving them more, it means that they can lose more. Not really going to be bad for the smaller guys, or the guys who don't run their mouths, however it is going to be bad for the guys that thought well i can do what i want cause there no way they can descend me as i've gotten so much lifeforce that i just log in every 2 days to make sure it's still there. For the smaller players it is going to make descending harder, as they have more lifeforce.

Basicly this update is a + for those accounts that are trying to actively play.
This update is a - for those account that stock up on lifeforce and then go and forget to log in for a month.

Im not gonna make a suggestion cause ascension is beyond help from anything......see what admin did to 'fix' ascension.....even he is desperate....

Your proposing it as a help for smaller players but its more a burden you just bring it a nice way.....you had to add that if this goes up everyone is easily descended and you up there can rule the server.......you didnt so i complain else you wouldnt have seen me in this thread ......
Former Member of The Legion
'Terrorists of SGW'

Return to “Suggestions”