stats needed to get in gr range

For newcomers to ask questions to the other users... this section will usually answer most questions... requesting resources (naq/UUs/ATs) is not to be done here...
aznplayer213
Forum Newbie

stats needed to get in gr range

hi i am trying to boost my stats into the gr range. can anyone give me an example of what i need to get at least 1gr point per turn? rite now i am around 1900
generaloneill
Forum Regular
Alliance: lone wolf
Race: Tollan
ID: 6258

Re: stats needed to get in gr range

rank 1200 bud for 1 point per turn.

rank 120 for 5 per turn.
aznplayer213
Forum Newbie

oh ok thnx. hope u been good gen. i finally got back in the game but switch to warlords of briton to get a new feel of an alliance
Balhaar
Forum Spammer
Alliance: TSA
ID: 16602

generaloneill wrote:rank 1200 bud for 1 point per turn.

rank 120 for 5 per turn.

I remember back when i first started ascending you needed to be rank 100 to get 1 g and r point.

now ascension is reachable by anyone, makes it less fun. now you dont have to be strong to get to the next plane, you just need to be straddling a low rank
Blessed be those who carry out the will of Balhaar, heretics be those who do not
jazhis
Forum Newbie

Well I would not say it's easier now because of the rank difference you experienced its just that there were a lot fewer players then
ChaoticNeutral
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Q: Shadow Stalkers
ID: 22281

meh lol...need to work on getting better rank lol...used to be ranked 750ish and get no G&R at all...kinda bsage :P...oh well...

also a quick question, if you're not too interested in playing ascended server (well a bit, but nut too active, I have ascended IRL mates, so I know what it's like), is it of real use to ascend more then 1 time (just to get the better stats etc. for tollan), or would you better stop after the first ascension?
Woop woop
Sphinx42
Goa'uld
ID: 0

After the second ascension you get a unique tech, Ascended Blessing (Priors don't have it). And, the more ascensions you make, the better the bonus to your stats.
Gone, left, no longer here.
Bob_2007
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0

hi!

You probably realised this already, but a very fast way to jump from 1900 to the 1100's would be to concentrate on att and/or cov/ac for a while.

Since most people concentrate on def, it's a lot slower and more expensive moving up the ranks building def (and ms) than it is att. Add a couple hundred k att supers/weapons will propel you up the ranks much faster than adding the same number of def... If you have a mil or two uu to spare, building cov/ac with them's another relatively cheap way to hike up your rank a lot.

Not saying that would be the best way to go about it, since you'd probably be too weak to ascend (I believe it's not a good idea to rush ascention with the minimum resources required 'cos you'll only suffer when you get there) but it's a good way to start building your g&r, stay up there about 21 days to get your 1000 g&r then sell off some gear to get back down to the 6,000's and spend some time continuing to build for a while...

Also, with such a high rank you'll appear on people's radar that might otherwise have ignored you, so you have to be fast spending your naq or it'll likely get stolen. Don't let it build up to a tasty target... There's a few guys in the low 100's that wouldn't think twice about nabbing a few bil. I'd recommend (from personal experience) *extreme* diplomacy dealing with those guys. I asked one guy nicely, several times, to stop. One day in a bad mood, I got annoyed and answered him badly. 10 minutes later I was in the 50,000's. :lol: :lol: :lol: For a while I think I'll be adopting the tactic of "you want my naq, sir? Please, help yourself."

I bagged my g&r by untraining a couple mil miners and making them cov/ac. I shot up to the 900's, stayed there for 3 weeks, then trained them back as miners. Now just farming inactives (much slower, but safer, than farming active players) and biding my time until I'm happy enough with my stats to ascend. At the rate I'm going though, I think it'll be a couple of months. I look at guys with 50m army and 200k UP, and it reminds me how pathetic my 5m/50k is... :?

HTH...
Teal'auc of the Tok'ra wrote:I love that guy... :-D :-D :-D

Please give me trade feedback : Hu Flung Dung : 1919242
http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 48&t=97381

Return to “Newbie/ FAQ Forum”