4%

Total votes: 75
Aegidius
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Lone Wolf
Race: Ancient
ID: 36797

Does ascended server need a reset?

I know most of the ex CoP fellows will be automatically against any big change in ascension but let face it. This server was supposed to be a challenge for big ppl and we all know that the size of the gap make imposible any challenge. What is more important for you, to have fun and get new players in the game or to control it? Did you click ascend for the first time looking for power or to explore, to get a new challenge, to have fun?

When ppl mass other ppl for no reason they use the following strong argument: this is a WAR game. Now I will use the following argument to explain why ascended server need a huge change: this is a war GAME.
Hells__Angel
Forum Elder

Re: Does ascended server need a reset?

LOL.
~Zekk~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Universal Consciousness
Race: Magi
ID: 616

I don't think theres any way a reset in ascension can help without a reset in main, and since thats not going to happen, we'll have to rely on other ways to fix ascension.

yes, the other ways are harder and will take longer - especially since forum seems to be ignoring us as the ascended players - but there still there and still possible.

~Zeke~
Image--by Miko Miko, for KonataChan, of animesuke. *borrows without permission, but with credits* ~_^

Anyone Play Go?
Omoc wrote:
S*rew the equality!

I LOVE WHEN MY GIRLFRIEND DOMINATES ME! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Manetheren
Forum Elite
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Ancient
ID: 0

A reset would be interesting but what do you do about the people that spent millions of uu/naq to become strong in ascension. "Sorry you are out of luck" doesn't really cut it. As far as I see theres only two ways to close the gap between middle management and Senior VPs. You increase the amount that people ascending now get in return for their resources or you devise a way for the big guys to reset their ascended accounts by giving them some other benefit. Neither is a perfect solution but as the server is now there is little incentive for many people to play. The threat of descension has forced more people to pay attention to their ascended accounts but has done nothing to make more people "want" to play that server.
~Zekk~
Forum Addict

Manetheren wrote:The threat of descension has forced more people to pay attention to their ascended accounts but has done nothing to make more people "want" to play that server.

its forced alot of people to want to log in and buy lots of LF, but aside from that they dont do anything simply because they don't have to. They can make themselves invincible because of the rank mods that prevent the few people who can destroy them from even being able to attack them, and thats one of the main problems with ascension. As I said before, this isn't an FPS where you can switch on a cheat code and go crazy - we don't want god mode here! :x

~Zeke~
Image--by Miko Miko, for KonataChan, of animesuke. *borrows without permission, but with credits* ~_^

Anyone Play Go?
Omoc wrote:
S*rew the equality!

urogard
Forum Elder

personally i'm against a reset but if in a game one person who has been playing very hard for a long time can produce several milion times more than a person that has been playing for a long time too just not as hard, then something is wrong with the game
Raven
Forum Elite

urogard wrote:personally i'm against a reset but if in a game one person who has been playing very hard for a long time can produce several milion times more than a person that has been playing for a long time too just not as hard, then something is wrong with the game

good point....

Its really time more then so much more resources these days you cant get near them with ascending only with time thats the whole problem i think....
Former Member of The Legion
'Terrorists of SGW'
~Zekk~
Forum Addict

as I said, there are alot of problems, and there are fixes for every single one of them that doesnt involve a reset.

they're harder, and will take longer, but compared to a reset i think it's better to take the long way around. since a reset in ascension without a reset in main would just make the game even harder to play, since people at AG wouldnt be able to ascend again, and thats just not fair...

~Zeke~

Anyone Play Go?
Omoc wrote:
S*rew the equality!

High Empty
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
Race: God's Left Hand
ID: 102803

This server was supposed to be a challenge for big ppl

So if your not big GET OUT!, or get big!

It is a challenge, your not rank 1, so you must be facing a challenge!

Seems to be doing what it's suppose to be doing!

Providing the big people with a challenge.
"Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which in prosperous circumstances would have lain dormant."
"Shut Up Features" -Replijake
Silverburn
Fledgling Forumer
Race: Ajna
ID: 82526

~Zekk~ wrote:I don't think theres any way a reset in ascension can help without a reset in main, and since thats not going to happen, we'll have to rely on other ways to fix ascension.

Indeed, main server will never be reset, simply because people pay real money there. It's kinda rude, to say the least, to tell all those people that they might have well thrown that money out of a window...

To fix ascended server will also mean that either more people will rise to the strength of the current elite there, or that the current elite will somehow be downsized.

Eitherway, there's gonna be a lot of protest because those people don't want to loose their nice and comfy positions...
Raven
Forum Elite

High Empty wrote:

You really cant talk like that you jumped to a save Asc alliance multiple times and you bought your account with cash.....zzzzzzz
'Terrorists of SGW'
| Nemesis |
Fledgling Forumer

Ascension is all about the sacrifice of resources in main, the more u sacrifiece the stronger u become in ascension

If u dont want to weaken ur main then thats ur fault not the guys at the top!

All thats wrong with the ascended server is that ppl want to be powerful with minimal effort, that and the rank modifers etc :-D
Give a man the means to start a fire and he can stay warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he`ll be warm for the rest of his life!
High Empty
Forum Addict

Raven wrote:
High Empty wrote:

You really cant talk like that you jumped to a save Asc alliance multiple times and you bought your account with cash.....zzzzzzz

LOL wasn't my cash!
i traded one account for another, and made some cash off the deal, is it my problem that the account i had had a much better ascension account, and a bit weaker main account, seems i fixed that problem.

And there are lots of Cash trades done in ascensions,
I'm just wondering when SS will be brought in.
"Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which in prosperous circumstances would have lain dormant."
Raven
Forum Elite

High Empty wrote:
Raven wrote:
High Empty wrote:

LOL wasn't my cash!
i traded one account for another, and made some cash off the deal, is it my problem that the account i had had a much better ascension account, and a bit weaker main account, seems i fixed that problem.

I didnt mean your own money but that doesnt change the fact that you didnt ascended it yourself.....you just have no right at all to talk about how hard it was ascending and all.......
'Terrorists of SGW'
High Empty
Forum Addict

Raven wrote:
High Empty wrote:
Raven wrote:
High Empty wrote:

LOL wasn't my cash!

I didnt mean your own money but that doesnt change the fact that you didnt ascended it yourself.....you just have no right at all to talk about how hard it was ascending and all.......

lol your right ofcourse then again, i only got an account with 60mil planets, cause i was at the point that i couldn't wait for admin to bring in more ascensions.

Return to “Suggestions”