25%
Admin should use some of this and I will post what I like
5%

Total votes: 20
Evilution
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0

New Market system, improvement

This took me several hours to type up and I now have blisters on my finger tips so take your time reading it and then decide wether or not its a good idea then vote. Please remain polite at all times, no hurtful remarks as I am in enough pain with finger tips being so sore lol.

You want to trade with or for resources so you click on [Market] then click on [The Trading Market] ((in replace of "To The Private Trade Broker")), this will then take you to another screen where you can look at what everyone is wanting to trade, there rate and what they want in return, in the order of old listing to new listing which will be based on days left untill listing ends (which I explain further on).

At the top of this market page you can choose from a drop down list what you are looking for, ie, UU, Naq or At's and choosing one will display the market only showing your selection of UU, Naq or At's making it easier to find what your looking for but, still in the order of old to new listings . If you see what you want and for right rate you type in the amount you want to buy and click on [Click to Buy].

You can add your own listing. For this you would use the drop down lists which would will also be at the top of page, as follows.

The 1st drop down list will be what you want to trade, ie, Naq, UU or At's
Next to this would be a box where you type in amount.

The 2nd drop down list gives the same options, ie Naq, UU or At's and also has a box next to it for typing in the amount you want in return.

The 3rd box is for typing in the rate, ie, you want to sell 1,000,000 uu @ 600m Naq/1kuu so you would type in [600,000,000,000] for the rate so that players can then buy any amount of UU from you from, 1uu - 1,000,000uu all at the rate of 600m/1kuu and the market automatically updates whats left straight away.

Next to this would be the last drop down list for amount of days you want to list for, ie, 1-7 days. (This would make more room on forum as you would not need a black market, only for cash trades if thats still allowed).

Next, after selecting the number of days to list for, you would click on [Click to proceed], this will show you, on another screen, what you are about to list, for what in return and rate. View this and if everything is correct, tick small box and then click on [List Now].

Whatever you list on the new market system would automatically go out of your realm until your listing days are over or, would not return to you at all if all of your resources get bought by other players which is the idea.

Now when you look on the market screen it will display what everyone is selling but will not be in resource order so choose to display the same resources that you are selling, for this example uu, you will see your listing at the bottom of the market screen due to it being a new listing. (Old listing will be ending sooner so need to be shown first).

Your listing would look like this...

[Name Of Player] >> uu1,000,000 >> Rate for each 600,000 Naq >> [Amount wanted to buy] >> [Click to Buy]. it will look different if trading for other resources obviously.

This would make trading alot different, maybe better and would take away the broker limit of 3 completely.

Limitations and things to be careful of

1) You can only have up to 3 listings on the market at once so be careful when choosing the amount of days you want to list for as you can only cancel a listing within that current turn only.

2) You can only list/buy amount available in your realm or on the market.

3) You do get to view what your about to list before clicking on the final stage, [List Now] so make sure all information is correct as you only have until your current turn ends to cancel, regardless of what mistakes, if any, you type.

4) To stop players using this has a easy way to store resoures, ie, Naq and At's, if after the listing day/s end you still have resources left on the market, these would be returned back to you but a % would be lost or taken as tax. The % would depend on the amount of days you choose as a listing period.

Example...

1 day listing >> 1% of all unsold Naq/At's will be lost/taxed on when they return to you realm from the market (UU not affected)

2 day listing >> 2% of all unsold Naq/At's will be lost/taxed on when they return to you realm from the market (UU not affected)

and so on, up to 7 days listing >> 7% of all unsold Naq/At's will be lost/taxed on when they return to you realm from the market (UU not affected).

That would help stop players listing something for a high rate just so they can keep it safe from selling, (If it does not sell you loose a % between 1% - 7%).

5) 1% of all resources, ie UU, Naq and At's, bought on the new market system get lost or taxed on return to there new realm. Again, this is to help stop players using this new market as a mass storage place for there resources.

We already lose 1% of uu sent so having the same for Naq and At's when using this new market will not be much of a problem when it helps to stop players using this new market incorrectly and the 1% lost/taxed only happens when using the new market system.

If you do not want to be hit by the 1% loss/tax then sending these resources by clicking on the players name and sending that way would be a way of getting around it. Could be a risk that way so that would be up to you, 1% loss/tax or risk of being scammed.

6) Anyone can use the market but if MORE THAN 1 ppt has been used for that week, Monday-Monday (from when your (3) Market Turns reset), the % lost/taxed on returned resources that do not sell, are doubled. This would be to help stop players going on ppt for 4 days and then using the market for 3 days to store resources each and every week.

The moment you use the new market system, the page where your Market Turns are shown, shows a warning ((Using 1 more market turn for your 2nd ppt will result in higher loss/tax for the rest of the week on all resources that are not sold and are returned to you from the market!!!)).

If you use the new market system for 3 days first then your ppt limit automatically changes to 1 ppt allowed instead of the normal 2 allowed per week to stop players getting around this and using it to there advantage.

So you still have the ability to go on ppt for 4 days each week but the % of lost/taxed on all unsold resources returned from the new market system are doubled, from 2%-14% and trying to do it vice versa, automatically changes the ppt limit to 1 ppt allowed so there is no way of getting around it.
TacticalCommander
Forum Regular
Race: Saige
ID: 8742

Re: New Market system, improvement

While this is most certainly the most detailed version,

the general concept of people just posting a trade, and someone then accepts it has been suggested many times before and shot down.

I still say no. I personally think the current system is doing just fine.
GLORY TO THE GOD ALMIGHTY!
I am not being aggressive, I am being dominant.
ogre9805
Forum Regular

basically i see this as an auction of what ppl need , the only good thing would be the idea of having sellers in a market listing rather than the forum market place , other than that it wouldnt work too well

id : 14000
msn stg.ogre@hotmail.co.uk.

I am the punishment of god , if you had not committed great sins , the gods would not of sent a punishment like me upon you
Informer
Forum Regular

hey just a thought

:( negative :(
it rules out the social side of trading and speaking to the user on msn or in forum.

:) positive :)
though there are no chances of getting scammed !!!! :lol: :lol:
Tanith
Forum Regular
Race: Ancient
ID: 86581

Personally I like it how it is now, but your idea sounds interesting.
Mod Color
PSICOLIX
Forum Intermediate

lol, thats petty much like CHAOS MARKET...

http://chaosgate.stargatewars.com/index.php
new Sing soon.
Tyber Zann
JUAN's Successor, Buck's Inheritor, Semper's mailed fist
Alternate name(s): Tyber Zann, tom twin

Danaka wrote:This took me several hours to type up and I now have blisters on my finger tips so take your time reading it and then decide wether or not its a good idea then vote. Please remain polite at all times, no hurtful remarks as I am in enough pain with finger tips being so sore lol.

You want to trade with or for resources so you click on [Market] then click on [The Trading Market] ((in replace of "To The Private Trade Broker")), this will then take you to another screen where you can look at what everyone is wanting to trade, there rate and what they want in return, in the order of old listing to new listing which will be based on days left untill listing ends (which I explain further on).

At the top of this market page you can choose from a drop down list what you are looking for, ie, UU, Naq or At's and choosing one will display the market only showing your selection of UU, Naq or At's making it easier to find what your looking for but, still in the order of old to new listings . If you see what you want and for right rate you type in the amount you want to buy and click on [Click to Buy].

You can add your own listing. For this you would use the drop down lists which would will also be at the top of page, as follows.

The 1st drop down list will be what you want to trade, ie, Naq, UU or At's
Next to this would be a box where you type in amount.

The 2nd drop down list gives the same options, ie Naq, UU or At's and also has a box next to it for typing in the amount you want in return.

The 3rd box is for typing in the rate, ie, you want to sell 1,000,000 uu @ 600m Naq/1kuu so you would type in [600,000,000,000] for the rate so that players can then buy any amount of UU from you from, 1uu - 1,000,000uu all at the rate of 600m/1kuu and the market automatically updates whats left straight away.

Next to this would be the last drop down list for amount of days you want to list for, ie, 1-7 days. (This would make more room on forum as you would not need a black market, only for cash trades if thats still allowed).

Next, after selecting the number of days to list for, you would click on [Click to proceed], this will show you, on another screen, what you are about to list, for what in return and rate. View this and if everything is correct, tick small box and then click on [List Now].

Whatever you list on the new market system would automatically go out of your realm until your listing days are over or, would not return to you at all if all of your resources get bought by other players which is the idea.

Now when you look on the market screen it will display what everyone is selling but will not be in resource order so choose to display the same resources that you are selling, for this example uu, you will see your listing at the bottom of the market screen due to it being a new listing. (Old listing will be ending sooner so need to be shown first).

Your listing would look like this...

[Name Of Player] >> uu1,000,000 >> Rate for each 600,000 Naq >> [Amount wanted to buy] >> [Click to Buy]. it will look different if trading for other resources obviously.

This would make trading alot different, maybe better and would take away the broker limit of 3 completely.

Limitations and things to be careful of

1) You can only have up to 3 listings on the market at once so be careful when choosing the amount of days you want to list for as you can only cancel a listing within that current turn only.

2) You can only list/buy amount available in your realm or on the market.

3) You do get to view what your about to list before clicking on the final stage, [List Now] so make sure all information is correct as you only have until your current turn ends to cancel, regardless of what mistakes, if any, you type.

4) To stop players using this has a easy way to store resoures, ie, Naq and At's, if after the listing day/s end you still have resources left on the market, these would be returned back to you but a % would be lost or taken as tax. The % would depend on the amount of days you choose as a listing period.

Example...

1 day listing >> 1% of all unsold Naq/At's will be lost/taxed on when they return to you realm from the market (UU not affected)

2 day listing >> 2% of all unsold Naq/At's will be lost/taxed on when they return to you realm from the market (UU not affected)

and so on, up to 7 days listing >> 7% of all unsold Naq/At's will be lost/taxed on when they return to you realm from the market (UU not affected).

That would help stop players listing something for a high rate just so they can keep it safe from selling, (If it does not sell you loose a % between 1% - 7%).

5) 1% of all resources, ie UU, Naq and At's, bought on the new market system get lost or taxed on return to there new realm. Again, this is to help stop players using this new market as a mass storage place for there resources.

We already lose 1% of uu sent so having the same for Naq and At's when using this new market will not be much of a problem when it helps to stop players using this new market incorrectly and the 1% lost/taxed only happens when using the new market system.

If you do not want to be hit by the 1% loss/tax then sending these resources by clicking on the players name and sending that way would be a way of getting around it. Could be a risk that way so that would be up to you, 1% loss/tax or risk of being scammed.

6) Anyone can use the market but if MORE THAN 1 ppt has been used for that week, Monday-Monday (from when your (3) Market Turns reset), the % lost/taxed on returned resources that do not sell, are doubled. This would be to help stop players going on ppt for 4 days and then using the market for 3 days to store resources each and every week.

The moment you use the new market system, the page where your Market Turns are shown, shows a warning ((Using 1 more market turn for your 2nd ppt will result in higher loss/tax for the rest of the week on all resources that are not sold and are returned to you from the market!!!)).

If you use the new market system for 3 days first then your ppt limit automatically changes to 1 ppt allowed instead of the normal 2 allowed per week to stop players getting around this and using it to there advantage.

So you still have the ability to go on ppt for 4 days each week but the % of lost/taxed on all unsold resources returned from the new market system are doubled, from 2%-14% and trying to do it vice versa, automatically changes the ppt limit to 1 ppt allowed so there is no way of getting around it.

you mean like the market from Another MMORPG
Last edited by Tyber Zann on Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Help find my old Tyber Zann sigs :(
Sphinx42
Goa'uld

tom twin wrote:you mean like the market from ***?

13. You may not advertise ANY game that is not a Kingdom Game Productions game.

That includes mentioning games that are not Kingdom Game Productions games :roll:
Gone, left, no longer here.
Tyber Zann
JUAN's Successor, Buck's Inheritor, Semper's mailed fist
Alternate name(s): Tyber Zann, tom twin

I'll edit my post.

jeeees, must have very little to do.
Help find my old Tyber Zann sigs :(
Evilution
Fledgling Forumer

The way this market works today does work very well but you have to keep bumping your thread for hours or sometimes days because not all the time there is traders/buyers that want the resources you have.

Through bumping your thread you are making a right mess of your topic. I think so anyway.

When you do get someone interested in your resources all that is said really is...

"Broker set"
"Send me broker please"
"Thanks"
"Have plenty more"
"All gone, back soon"

Because talking is not needed when trading, its just a waste of space on forum :? .

We can still have forum for talking to others on but having the above idea as a new market system would take out the boring part having to keep bumping your thread so that it doesnt disappear amongst all the new threads.

Bumping your thread is not hard to do, I know. But players on SGW that work should agree that selling resources by asking in there thread to have brokers sent to them do not get replied to as much as the players that are off work or not working. This is because if your at home you can bump your thread.

Having the new market system idea in place would make trading so much better and easier. No need for bumps and no need for players to wait untill broker is accepted before they get there resources from the trade.

If we had this new market system and the one we have at the moment, I bet within 1 wk, possibly a day, the new market system would be used more for many reasons, one being, easyness.

Well its up to you now, cast your votes.
Evilution
Fledgling Forumer

I forgot all about this old poll of mine lol. Curious to know if you will now like the idea or not after all this time. Sorry for bringing up an old poll, I was bored and the curiousity got the better of me.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

After reading it, I dislike it for multiple reasons

1. You have no control over who you send resources to, so basicly your enemy of war can be buying your resources to destroy you with.

2. It replaces the Private broker which a hug blow to trading. Many rely on the broker for trades. I'll use myself as an example. I sell UU. I have a steady, good paying, and trustworthy buyer. Hes much smaller and has little income. I broker him UU steadily, he brokers the Naq back after PPT ends and as he farms it. Without the private broker that is shot in the head.

3.It stops the sending of resources to people offline as they have to be online to take the broker. Say i wanted to sell 10 mill UU for 10 AT, since I owe him a large debt and this will balance our debts. Someone else can snatch it up before he can.

as for using it to store, just leave the reources on the acount, or rather let them count against the account. that stopps storage of resources

I also dislike people buying portions of goods, i wouldnt want 500K of my 6 mill men coming back as 7 different people bought some. unless toggleable, should be all or none

seller sets the price right? so no way the buyer can pay less then requested?

what if a buyer is willing to pay more? in the normal trade broker he can send more money to trump previous brokers, in this system he can not, so the seller looses out.

Completely disagree with involving PPT, why are you punishing someone for a completely valid game Tactic? And its exploitable. Go on ppt a few hrs before market reset and you get 2 ppts in the week but only 1 counted against you as the first falls as #2 on the previous week

Too me it takes away more then it adds
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

The first part of your idea about putting what you want on the market, doesnt work.

Anyone who played the old Chaos Wars server will know this, its far to easy to exploit and make sure that resources stay safe while you dont need them, or if you only want to trade to a certain person.
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"

Return to “Suggestions Archive”