Too many connections bug.

Addoran
Forum Grunt

Too many connections bug.

Tonight, every now and then when I swap screens it says 'too many connections', I click, it gives me gibberish and my bar turns to Goa'uld.

It says at the top:

Query failed: select * from `UserDetails` where ID='28091' Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

And then:

Query failed: SELECT Relationships.toUserID,Ranks.rank FROM `Ranks`,`Relationships` WHERE Relationships.toUserID = Ranks.userID AND Relationships.userID = '' AND Relationships.relationship=2 order by Ranks.rank LIMIT 210,30 Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

Just letting you know this is going on.
Last edited by Addoran on Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
™Fûr¥
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

yes me to, when i attack it says too many connections and lose turns and no naq and have to attack again.
I Replicate
Forum Intermediate

Too many connections isnt really a bug... there are simply too many connections ;)
Addoran
Forum Grunt

Well it never happened before today......and now it's happening lots. I haven't changed anything either. :?
bryan
Forum Intermediate

turn counter is stuck again. probably is related
Hektik
Forum Newbie

I've been getting also, but now my clock is frozen too, so i am not getting any naquadah per turn, wow for me atleast SGW is getting pretty buggy....

I Replicate really doesn't solve as many problems he usually creates and critizes people who have problems, so i dont think he'll ever really be help, forum spammers, can't live with them can't live without 8)
Thank you for your assistance,

Commander Hektik, of the Nefarious
Osi
Forum Addict

i havn't had this problem before maybe there working on an update or somthing witht he motherships
Our failure is obvious, we had our foot on the throat of Humanity and we failed to step down hard enough.
RepliJake
Forum Addict
Alliance: JURY IS OUT MISTRAIL
ID: 5242

this bug is back, also, on the FOrum I get critical error, could not access database, this is doing anything in the forum.

EDIT: seems to have cured itself
WeaponX wrote:i quit the game, good luck trying to extort resources out of me you jackasses
REK wrote:
GunZ wrote:Eat me
I hate **Filtered**
Vegito
Fledgling Forumer

I have gotten this as well... does this have to do with the amount of people attempting to access the game?
drapc

o great not this again thought i may be goin crazy seams to hapen when 500 plus people try to conect at once. and i keep getting an error trying to acsess the forum. this was areound a few months ago then disapeard and is now back.
BELISKNER
Forum Expert
Alliance: Lone Wolf ~ Ex-Dirty Dozen
Race: Ancient
ID: 6116

RepliJake wrote:this bug is back, also, on the FOrum I get critical error, could not access database, this is doing anything in the forum.

EDIT: seems to have cured itself

Still here for me :(

Same about too many connections
We Fought Together, We Died Together

Play NOW!!

Dirty Dozen - The End of an Era
chunkysoup
Forum Intermediate

yea i had that a couple days ago, forum just died on me...
Fills you up right

Hallowed is Chunky
Hallowed are the Indu
WhiteyDude
Forum Intermediate

RepliJake wrote:on the FOrum I get critical error, could not access database, this is doing anything in the forum.

How were you posting then Jake? o_O.

Yes, it seems this "bug" has come back just as I was getting off PPT >.<.

Most likely reasons:

a) the MySQL server is under a DDoS attack - can't handle the presure and is caving against the connections.

b) the MySQL server can't handle the ammount of people online (bout 500), which would probably be about 3-400 queries per second - but most MySQL servers should be able to hold this, and I think this one's held more before.

c) Someone (maybe in relation to a)), or something is using up a lot of the MySQL server's connection strings - more that the max per second. Maybe Forum should take a good clean sweep for auto bankers/buyers.

I think c) to be the most likely - it mostly happens just after a turn has broken...

/Whitey
SHIFT TONE! OMG!

STFUBBQ?

SGW-irc founder

It means Perseverance
RepliMagni
Forum Addict
Alliance: Loner :P
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1908448

The too many connections is also happening on universequest. (Another one of forums games) :wink:
WhiteyDude
Forum Intermediate

Magni wrote:The too many connections is also happening on universequest. (Another one of forums games) :wink:

Most likely the same mysql server - maybe too many people on too many games playing too fast :P.

/Whitey
SHIFT TONE! OMG!

STFUBBQ?

SGW-irc founder

It means Perseverance

Return to “Bugs Archive”