Cosmic trade poll

Suggest any improvements

Should cosmic trade be implemented in ascension server

Yes
58%
No
39%
Yes but only with limits on what can be traded (please clarify in a post)
3%

Total votes: 33
chunkysoup
Forum Intermediate
ID: 0

Cosmic trade poll

another topic on this exists, i just want to get a poll going to see everyone's thoughts on this, lets try to get as many votes as possible guys
High guard
Forum Irregular

I voted Yes, I think we should be able to trade 100% of stuff we have in our account.
"It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education."
Albert Einstein
Wintermute
Fledgling Forumer

I voted no. Allowing trading will turn ascension into an alliance based game. As it stands alliances already impact it in a limited way but allowing trade would make alliances the focus of ascension. If players want alliance based play they have the main server.
Silent Todd
Forum Grunt

I voted no, and here is a good example of why:

Say you can trade Life points. Hypothetically, lets say these are your stats.

Max Life = 10,000
Life Per Turn = 200
Life Per Turn (after max life) = 20

I wait a day and get my 10,000 life points. Unfortunately, because life points accumulate so slowly after I max out, at the end of 2 days I will only have 11,000. However, with trade the possibility for abuse exists. What if a friend and I both maxed out our life points to 10,000 then I sent all of mine to him so that he has 20,000 and I have 0 (500 really, but this makes the math easier to follow). In another day I will make back my original 10,000 and he will be at 21,000. By trading, we now have 31,000 points between us or 15,500 per person, compared to the 11,000 we would have if we had not traded. So, simply by trading we can bypass the normal rate of life force regeneration. As we do this repeatedly, we can accumulate quite a bit of points which we could invest in Max Life, Life Per Turn, and Life Per Turn After Max. Essentially we can exponentially increase the speed and payoff of our trade.

In conclusion, not only will trade bring alliances back, it will give them a HUGE advantage and allow important aspects of the game to be bypassed.
I Replicate
Forum Intermediate

I highly doubt we would be able to trade lifepoints :roll:
Its likely just for physical realm stuff...

As for whether i like it or not, well, i say wait and see what its like. Its obviously slightly complicated to implement, so may not be as simple as exchange was in main... so wait for it ;)
Wintermute
Fledgling Forumer

Trading physical realm stuff amounts to trading for life force since 10 million DMU = 1000 life force.

My first thought was it might be ok to limit trading, but it can't be. Trading planets would allow people to build a massive income for a short period of time to buy life force (through borrowing planets within alliances).

Trading attack turns would allow alliances to focus their attack turns on the most powerful player to more easily descend people.

There is nothing that trading can allow that won't turn ascension into an alliance game. And all the physical realm goods that could be traded can be used to gain life force. The only conclusion I can draw is disallow trading entirely.
Sleipnir
Merriest Mod in the West

Honours and Awards

I'm afraid trading is going to bring the same problems SS brings in main. The only way I can see trade working is if it is free for all, first come first served, trade only (so no giving stuff), and absolutely no life points. Maybe even predetermined exchange rates, so whenever you buy something, you have to give up something of fairly equal value.

As soon as you build an idiot proof system, somebody else builds a better idiot.

If it moves, kill it. If it doesn't move, kick it until it does move, and then kill it.
~Phoenix~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Unaligned
Race: Immortal

It may not even be trading with the other player's like in main .. none of us even knows what it is going to be .. we should wait and see before we start deciding
CthulhuSpawn
Fledgling Forumer

Gala / Phoenix wrote:It may not even be trading with the other player's like in main .. none of us even knows what it is going to be .. we should wait and see before we start deciding

I agree with the waiting.
(\_/)
(0.0)
(><)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this message into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination.
YEA BUNNY!!
agapooka
Semper Ubi Sub Ubi

Honours and Awards

I vote yes, because there's no use complaining about it yet. Besides, IF people do trade all their resources and such, at least everyone can do it, no just donators. Also, this is trading, giving would and should not be enabled, assuming that this is inter-player trade in the first place!!!
Agapooka wrote:The argument that because a premise cannot be proven false, it must be true, is known as a Negative Proof Fallacy in logic.
Mister Sandman wrote:Nothing at all near the negative proof fallacy in logic. If it cannot be proven false, it has to be true.
Pooka's UU Market Loyalty Card:

Rudy Pena: 1 stamp!

A Spider: 1 stamp!
~Phoenix~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Unaligned
Race: Immortal

I agree .. trading SHOULD be included .. BUT .. before you all disagree .. set rates should be implimented .. so we can only do it on the same scale and not cheaper or more expensive.

So in effect ... you dont really gain too much unfairly ;)
agapooka
Semper Ubi Sub Ubi

Honours and Awards

Ditto. Or at least rates that are calcualted automatically through supply and demand :)
Agapooka wrote:The argument that because a premise cannot be proven false, it must be true, is known as a Negative Proof Fallacy in logic.
Mister Sandman wrote:Nothing at all near the negative proof fallacy in logic. If it cannot be proven false, it has to be true.
Pooka's UU Market Loyalty Card:

Rudy Pena: 1 stamp!

A Spider: 1 stamp!
chunkysoup
Forum Intermediate

i agree very strongly with silent todd, but of course, im also willing too see what cosmic trade will be like, or maybe just have forum give us a heads up of something more specific, but if it is to be implemented, i feel that:

1- no life force trades
2- set rates for everything

-chunkysoup
chunkysoup
Forum Intermediate

could cosmic trade be somehow similar to the market in main? might explain how he developped it so fast seemingly out of nowhere, already had basis by working on cosmic trade...
~wolverine~

It may not even be trading with the other player's like in main .. none of us even knows what it is going to be .. we should wait and see before we start deciding

would be cool to be able to "trade" secrets to your Main account that increases stats there. Kind of like what the Ori do for the priors or "Jim" did for Anubis. Just a thought. 'All Mighty Game Creator' might take us down another path of thinking...

As for my vote overall. I think trading would be a good idea, if controlled. Only problem for is when alliances get involved and it becomes impossible to get into the top ranks (for us non alliance members) because they boost one player up until he's untouchable and then so on and so on. it would be cool to be able to trade life force but it would be abused without question.

Return to “Suggestions”