Market Mods

Want to address a Forum Mod directly? Here you go...
If you want a SPECIFIC mod, use PM, but for any mod, this is the quickest place...
banno
Fledgling Forumer

Market Mods

I just want to bring this topic before the Market Mods attention:

viewtopic.php?f=72&t=90718&p=1064503#p1064503

I feel that it is exploiting designers as it requests a logo which would be used as the crux of a REAL LIFE business' public image and would be worth so much more than the price offered. A logo is worth hundreds of dollars if it sucks, more if it is good. The payment offered is 100k UU or 150k. Or some sort of discount at the shop. That is pathetic. What is 100k UU worth? $1.40 I think? That's pathetic. Please put a stop to this crap and close that topic, not because it is in breach of rules (it might be I don't know), but it is exploiting designers and belittling the hard work they do by offering such a petty price. It is immoral and should be closed as it does not present an image that this forum wishes to portray.

Thanks for your time.

--
banno
fine_dine_decca
Forum Grunt

Re: Market Mods

excuse me banno but i must disagree with this protest. as you have said this post breaks no rules which would be the only reason mods would intervene. Moderators cannot possibly judge the 'morality' of a business request especially as what is moral or immoral differs according to each individual. and though you may say this request is unfair, it is not. have you heard of the free market? is anyone being pressured into performing this task? NO! so therefore nothing, repeat nothing is wrong with this person at all and your self-righteousness is seriously interfering with this persons business!
Liquidfoxx
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

If someone wants to create a logo for that price, they are more than welcome, it's their own choice.
Who are you to decide what price things should be?
Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browser.
banno
Fledgling Forumer

Liquidfoxx wrote:If someone wants to create a logo for that price, they are more than welcome, it's their own choice.
Who are you to decide what price things should be?

Thats like saying who am i to say that sweatshop workers should be paid more. Don't think im likening designers to sweatshop workers in a literal respects. It is the moral and ethical code of conduct involved and interred by the relative actions on both sides.
agapooka
Semper Ubi Sub Ubi

Honours and Awards

Sweatshop workers may or may not have an alternative way of making it through life and cannot be compared.

This is a market, if someone wants to pay 1k UU for 1tril naq, people will tell him he is not paying enough and no deal will be made. Likewise, if people here are willing to charge so little for their logo-making services, it's their problem, not anyone else's. Someone asked if others would make him a logo for such and such price and it is up to the logo maker to say "yes, I'll do it" or "no, I won't."

Es scheint mir logisch... :P
Agapooka wrote:The argument that because a premise cannot be proven false, it must be true, is known as a Negative Proof Fallacy in logic.
Mister Sandman wrote:Nothing at all near the negative proof fallacy in logic. If it cannot be proven false, it has to be true.
Pooka's UU Market Loyalty Card:

Rudy Pena: 1 stamp!

A Spider: 1 stamp!
banno
Fledgling Forumer

Parles en francais si anglais n'est pas suffit pour toi.

Actions of one will have a bearing on others. I am taking this seriously.
agapooka
Semper Ubi Sub Ubi

Honours and Awards

Je peux te dire la même chose en anglais, français, allemand et espagnol, si tu veux.

But this isn't about languages, and not only is your remark concerning my use of language incoherent, it is also incongruous herein. You may take this seriously, and not only are you the only one thus far, but this is one of those issues that is not the forum's administration's place to solve, if it is even an issue at all.

What will you do next? Protest against people who do volunteer work, because their work could, and according to you, should bring them money?! Some people are happy receiving less than they deserve. Actually, one could argue that they receive more payment through another means than money or UU. Some people are glad just seeing the fruit of their work, and others are glad seeing their work help others. The payment received is sometimes just symbolic.

J
Agapooka wrote:The argument that because a premise cannot be proven false, it must be true, is known as a Negative Proof Fallacy in logic.
Mister Sandman wrote:Nothing at all near the negative proof fallacy in logic. If it cannot be proven false, it has to be true.

banno
Fledgling Forumer

Agapooka wrote:Je peux te dire la même chose en anglais, français, allemand et espagnol, si tu veux.

But this isn't about languages, and not only is your remark concerning my use of language incoherent, it is also incongruous herein. You may take this seriously, and not only are you the only one thus far, but this is one of those issues that is not the forum's administration's place to solve, if it is even an issue at all.

What will you do next? Protest against people who do volunteer work, because their work could, and according to you, should bring them money?! Some people are happy receiving less than they deserve. Actually, one could argue that they receive more payment through another means than money or UU. Some people are glad just seeing the fruit of their work, and others are glad seeing their work help others. The payment received is sometimes just symbolic.

J

Oh? I'm incoherent. Because you translated my phrase online and it didn't seem right?

Your whole second paragraph twists my words and if you read over it it does not correlate with my statement. Anyway. Just delete this thread. Hide it. Doesn't matter anymore.
agapooka
Semper Ubi Sub Ubi

Honours and Awards

Just thought I'd at least tell you that French is my mothertongue. 8)

As for twisting your words, I don't believe so. My whole point is: let's not make an issue where there isn't one. Graphic artists should perhaps become more aware of the potential value of their work, but when it comes down to it, it's their job to accept or reject a price.

J

Mystake
Forum Addict
Alliance: Dominium of Chaos
Race: System Lord
ID: 50147

Agapooka wrote:Just thought I'd at least tell you that French is my mothertongue. 8)

thats cool :D

its my mothertongue as well, i learnt french before i learnt english but unfortunately I'm quite out of practice. i spoke french daily until grade 9, when i went to an english school and spoke english for 4 years, with minimal french (highschool french sucked, soooo easy)
TRADE FEEDBACK - I am an A+ trader! Safest $ trades in all of SGW. I do escrow services too!
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 48&t=83709

Former member of what became the Alliance of the Year of 2009, Nemesis Sect.

Mathlord wrote:The Reclaimer has been descended as a result of the battle!!!

Good times ;)
#-o
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

My only question is,,

Isn't trading real life things for ingame things illegal?

Of course a graphic on forums isn't ingame is it?

So being paid with real life discounts is ok?

so complicated.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
REK
Forever Evil
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM EMPIRE
Race: GOD ALLMIGHTY
ID: 666
Alternate name(s): THEY'RE NO STRINGS ON ME

French :shock:

explains so much

:lol: j/k

maybe
RepliJake
Forum Addict
Alliance: JURY IS OUT MISTRAIL
ID: 5242

Lore wrote:My only question is,,

lol
WeaponX wrote:i quit the game, good luck trying to extort resources out of me you jackasses
REK wrote:
GunZ wrote:Eat me
I hate **Filtered**
agapooka
Semper Ubi Sub Ubi

Honours and Awards

Lore wrote:My only question is,,

Of course a graphic on forums isn't ingame is it?

So being paid with real life discounts is ok?

so complicated.

Well, this thread is about an instance where someone requested a graphic (a logo for a website) in return for SGW resources. The only difference between this and the sig shop is the end use of this graphic - a difference that some see as worth fighting for, but in terms of the product, I see it as the same, although it won't be used as a forum sig, but will rather be posted at the top of a business website. Still an image? Hell, signature artists here should charge more with the skills they have, but that's up to them, not the mod team.

J

Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Agapooka wrote:signature artists here should charge more with the skills they have, but that's up to them, not the mod team.

J

I say i hafta agree
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.

Return to “Talk to the Mods Direct”