Raikkonen wins the F1 World Champioship

For the discussion of sports. Moo?
Biscuit
The Crumbly One
ID: 0

Raikkonen wins the F1 World Champioship

And he deserved it!! Congrats to Kimi for showing that he is the best driver in the world.
Verna
Forum Newbie

Re: Raikkonen wins the F1 World Champioship

Totally agree!! :-D It was one of the best races ever. :-D
Biscuit
The Crumbly One

Oh yeah!!! The Iceman has proven his name :-D
Heisenberg
Forum Expert
Alliance: TDD
ID: 84840
Alternate name(s): The Architect

Hamilton deserved it not Kimi, and if it wasnt for the engine failure probably would have won it
He was just unlucky
Reschef
Forum Elder
Alliance: ~Ricos Warlords~ (retired)
Race: System Lord
ID: 37648

well, Ferrari won so ... yay!!!!!!!! :-D
Spoiler
Borek wrote: No one ever died from playing SGW, although i think some of the whiners may come close to drowning in their own tears :roll:
ImageImage
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

Reschef wrote:well, Ferrari won so ... yay!!!!!!!! :-D

indeed :-D
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
Mukasa
Forum Addict

Shuggy123 wrote:Hamilton deserved it not Kimi, and if it wasnt for the engine failure probably would have won it
He was just unlucky

LMAO :lol:

and 1 more thing...there wasn't any engine failure with Hamilton's car...get ur facts straight 1st..if it was an engine failure he would have went out....he had problems with his gearbox in 8th lap.....only temp. problems...he lost about 40 seconds there....as we could all see it worked well then till the end of the race....and he did mistake before he had problems with his gearbox....don''t go and say that if he didn't have problems with his car he would win....he made rookie mistake on the beginning..lost few places already...god knows how would it have been later in the race....he had probs,he made mistakes..as a result,he lost the chance to be world champion....

ANYWAY,

Good job and congrats to Kimi!!! He deserved it!!!! ALL Ferrari team deserved it!!! Good job again!!! I'm soooo happy.....
Biscuit
The Crumbly One

I must say that Kimi and Massa drove beautifully excellent into the first corner proving the point that the best drivers only make it into Ferrari and it was Hamiltons rookie mistake to try to overtake the 2 time world champion.

He may have won GP2 with overtaking but F1 is like a totally different sport compared. Kimi only won by 1 point but this proves that every point counts and next year when McLaren do not have Ferrari's documents it will be even harder for Hamilton.
Also with Alonso going home to Renualt it begs the question of who will take his place in McLaren.
This season was exciting and heartbreaking at times for everyone. Lets hope for the same next year :D

I hope to see Massa racing for the championship next year as he is also destined to be great.
Mato
Forum Expert

Yup the best race ever. :-D
R8
Forum Elder
Alliance: TL Leader

WHAT!!! Kimi Raikkon was nower to be seen throught the season. he was 3rd or 4th best out of the top drivers. he didnt win it without the help of the FIA who punished Mclaren on 2 different occasions because Ferrari always get favoured.

i rate Kimi as a good driver but this season Hamilton was the best without any competition.
Spoiler
Spoiler
Military Experience 1,xxx,138,430,217 Ranked: 1
Naquadah Stolen 8,xxx,795,393,564,617
Juliette wrote: Cheapo. You shouldn't go for anything under $100Billion, Gohanman. ;)
Check out my greatest hit
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 0&t=151693
My 2nd greatest hit
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 1&t=188473
Biscuit
The Crumbly One

:shock:

Are you serious? Kimi had a bad start int he season and came back like a true champion unlike Hamilton in the last race :lol:
Hamilton was consistent but consistency doesn't win the championship! Kimi only won it by one point and that was one point Hamilton will never forget.

Hamilton should never have had so many race finishes if it wasn't for McLarens "cheating" or whatever you want to call it.

If Hamilton won I would never have watched F1 again. Hamilton is so far up his own ass his head popped back out on his shoulders! Same goes for the English commentators, I never had to endure more ass licking in my life than when they were talking about Hamilton.
Rich™
Forum Regular
Alliance: Alpha Allegiance
Race: System Lord
ID: 1908612

Awesome race, found the williams pit absolutely hilarious.

Shame about Hamilton would of been niec for him to win and he could have, but he made a mistake, so gg Raikkonen.

I will be cheering Hamilton on next year once he's had a few months to contemplate what he did wrong he may win.
Rich™ [ α Allegiance ] - 1908612
Living God of the INDU

My Trade Feedback
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin
Alliance: EPA
Race: Tauri

Honours and Awards

Well McLaren are apparently launching an appeal because Williams and Sauber weren't punished for fuel irregularities.

Apparently the fuel being put into their cars during pit-stops was quite a lot cooler than regulations allow - meaning it is more dense and can be put into the cars faster, and giving increased engine performance for between 3-5 laps. The drivers in question were Nico Rosberg, Nick Heidfeld and Robert Kubica.

Apparently there are quite a few people in the F1 world not happy with this and believe that the Williams and Sauber drivers should be disqualified. This would put Hamilton in 4th place, and make him World Champion. To his credit, Hamilton has said he does not want to win the championship this way. However, the opinion of quite a few people, is that McLaren are well within their rights to appeal.

Somebody mentioned McLaren's 'cheating' - that is a joke! Ferrari are the most persistant cheaters in the sport (and were throughout the so-called Schumacher Era), but the difference is that the stewards and the governing body always seem to let them get away with it, or make sure the decision goes in their favour (such as not penalising the aforementioned Williams and Sauber drivers). After the first race of this season Ferrari had been found to be using an illegal device on their cars, but true to form, they were allowed to keep the points they earned - why?

Similarly, it emerged during the spying scandal that there was also some evidence that Ferrari had been spying on McLaren - but nothing has come of it. The irony is that it was Ron Dennis who reported any potential wrong-doing to the FIA after Alonso tried to blackmail the team for preferential treatment.

But recent F1 history is replete with Ferrari or their drivers being let off with punishments, or certain decisions by the the FIA or race stewards being made to seemingly favour Ferrari over the other teams.

All I will say about Lewis Hamilton is this - I have found the last 8 to 10 years of F1 to be boring and stale - which is why I'd stopped watching it religiously (also ITV took over the UK coverage). Then Hamilton comes along (and I'd like whoever said 'he is up his own ass' to justify their comments - especially when he seems to come across to everyone else as a down to earth bloke who loves what he does) and all of a sudden we have an F1 driver who can actually drive - who can actually overtake - I don't think we've seen a driver like that since about the time Damon Hill won! Hamilton has revived my interest in the sport and revived the sport itself. And, he WAS unlucky that a mechanical problem cost him the title - people can bleat as much as they want about his 'mistake' at the race start, but it was UNDOUBTEDLY the mechanical problem later, costing 30 to 40 seconds that meant he couldn't finish higher than he did.

Raikkonen did win more races than Hamilton and Alonso and is, I believe a worthy champion - especially in the latter half of the season - but just as Hamilton has said he would not be comfortable if he was handed the title because of other drivers being disqualified, I wonder how Kimi is feeling having won the title because they weren't disqualified when perhaps they should have been?

The bottom line is the authorities need to start making decisions and dishing out punishments with some sort of consistency!
Last edited by Wolf359 on Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin
Alliance: EPA
Race: Tauri

Honours and Awards

wow - did I dumbfound everyone with that post?

or is everyone waiting to see the outcome of the appeal?
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak

Return to “Sports Section”