Late revieuw about ascension updates

For discussion on balance, bugs, likes, dislikes of recently released features.
Raven
Forum Elite
ID: 0

Late revieuw about ascension updates

Well first of all i wanted to do this much sooner, but i just didnt had the time to write something so il just put my main things up to see what everyone thinks.

The only thing this update did was create a short time frame for people to ascend and come alittle closer to a good account, the time frame was quite long and is maybe still on but the faster you did it the better you came off from it i think.[for example Timmy ascended right after the update and i ascended about 1.5-2 weeks later and he has quite an advantage from that]

It hardly made ascensions worthwhile for play in ascension, cause now if i make a good ascension its only a couple days income or in other words ascensions is not worth it for me, cause it just wont do much for my account while i gotta make quite some sacrifices in main for it.

Im not sure where the problem is, it could be that the numbers in main vs Asc arent right or its just that asc has outgrown Main for to long ....... i remember earlier on [and people who did it back then can give feedback] that every ascension ment a good progress for your ascended account...

Besides this i think the update was a good one ......one necesarry to get more people playing and i enjoy it more then before.....so thats a good thing i think.....the older players were afraid they would be massively overthrown wich really isnt how it went.......the people who really played ascension and did very good ascension are still on top wich is how it should be ......

Im not to fond of the % grow HE is telling everyone about but as im not sure how it works either i cant say to much about that......everyone at almost the same size will be killing i think its really not the way we should go with ascension.....

Just my thoughts :)
Former Member of The Legion
'Terrorists of SGW'
PSICOLIX
Forum Intermediate

Re: Late revieuw about ascension updates

LOL. you really only think in youself don't you?

1st- this upgrade wasn't made for every1 catch every1, the point is NOW ascending you can get a HUGE boost in ascension. since Day 1 its wans't worth to any1 in top 20 ascend, was only to help Small peaple, you NOT small anymore so STOP CRYING, for god sake...

2nd- theres no way Main/ascension have similar grow rates, because the triple exponencial grow in ascension (fleets + char + production). fleets and char are now with signifcant Soft Caps, but production haven't, whats a mistake, because right now players with Half my army only have 1/4 of my income...

3rd-The BIG problem of this upgrade its it make ALL work the BIG acounts had goes to waste, IT same thing admin get on Main and give EVERY1 a 1 Mill UP, those few players that worked hard for 2 years now have same up as every1, thats not FAIR, this upgrade wasn't fair at ALL...

4th-For you have a idea, Before this upgrade i was equivalent a 68 Days(up+income) behind STI, now i'm 19, that means IF sti go for a 19 days vocation i will catch he, just like that he lost 49 Days of advantage, where thats Fair?
new Sing soon.
Raven
Forum Elite

PSICOLIX wrote:LOL. you really only think in youself don't you?

1st- this upgrade wasn't made for every1 catch every1, the point is NOW ascending you can get a HUGE boost in ascension. since Day 1 its wans't worth to any1 in top 20 ascend, was only to help Small peaple, you NOT small anymore so STOP CRYING, for god sake...

2nd- theres no way Main/ascension have similar grow rates, because the triple exponencial grow in ascension (fleets + char + production). fleets and char are now with signifcant Soft Caps, but production haven't, whats a mistake, because right now players with Half my army only have 1/4 of my income...

3rd-The BIG problem of this upgrade its it make ALL work the BIG acounts had goes to waste, IT same thing admin get on Main and give EVERY1 a 1 Mill UP, those few players that worked hard for 2 years now have same up as every1, thats not FAIR, this upgrade wasn't fair at ALL...

4th-For you have a idea, Before this upgrade i was equivalent a 68 Days(up+income) behind STI, now i'm 19, that means IF sti go for a 19 days vocation i will catch he, just like that he lost 49 Days of advantage, where thats Fair?

I would say reread your own post and mine and then conclude whoes thinking of himself.....the only thing i stated was that i cant catch you for example by doing a couple good ascensions .......and plz you stop crying you still have an advantage easily over everyone else just like STI has it on you....
'Terrorists of SGW'
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Why ascend when it drasticly cheaper to just Buy the equevlant amount of DMU and not take the losses assosiated with ascending?
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Raven
Forum Elite

Lore wrote:Why ascend when it drasticly cheaper to just Buy the equevlant amount of DMU and not take the losses assosiated with ascending?

first of all ascending should be there to give your account a boost and to get closer to the people infront......

Sec....the DMU i will buy will give someone else a huge advantage in main without sacrificing anything....[besides a couple turn incomes]
Its like people selling air ....
'Terrorists of SGW'
~Phoenix~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Unaligned
Race: Immortal

Past a certain point ascending isnt worth it though, i bet most of first page make like equivalent to 5mil app atleast in a week, that takes ages to build up on main and you get big losses for it too.

Theres not much point ascending now at all, only when you're small, but lets face it they arent going to catch most of us anyway.
Gandalf the White
Forum Grunt

Phoenix is dead right that no amount of ascentions are going to catch page 1. Maybe only 1 in 150 starting today and not buying trillions of dmu will catch the top 200 considering everyone around there including myself is growing at 7% per day or more. This is down from about 15% on day 5ish of the update but is still huge. I thought the exponential growth was bad before the update, now its just utterly horrible.

If only i could find an investment in the real world that paid 7% per day. You start with $1000 on january 1, and compounded for 365 days you end up with over $53 trillion on new years eve.

As for this update being 'fair', i don't think its possible anymore to compare the 2 'eras' on the same level. PSICOLIX you are still middle of page 1 and the top 5 are still and always will be the top 5, so your hard work hasn't gone to waste at all. The "days behind" gap may have closed but i bet the number of planets and income has gotten much worse. Admin tried to spice up the server and get some activity happening. Of course some will not benefit as much as others. If we all benefited the same nothing would have changed. No one can argue that the status quo would have been sustainable. It might have been nice for page 1 for the status quo to continue but you can't run a game on only 30 happy people. By all measures you have to admit that the update has served its purpose. The fact that the number of active accounts has doubled is a proof enough.
Mojo Rising
Forum Irregular
ID: 1975707

~Phoenix~ wrote:Past a certain point ascending isnt worth it though, i bet most of first page make like equivalent to 5mil app atleast in a week, that takes ages to build up on main and you get big losses for it too.

Theres not much point ascending now at all, only when you're small, but lets face it they arent going to catch most of us anyway.

At the current exchange rate of APP - LF, I make the equivalent of 25 million + APP per day. But it really doesn't matter because EVERYONE will be to that point in six months. But hey, I guess that's what happens when you take the challenge out of the server. Ascension was supposed to be hard; that's what made it special. If it were easy, everyone would do it. (Yes I am paraphrasing a quote from A League of Their Own).

The update to both main and ascension has done/will do two things:

1.) It has totally negated the hard work done by people in ascension for the last two years, who sacrificed their accounts in main to become powerful in ascension, only to have Jason kowtow to the whiners who NEVER played the damn server until there were actually negative consequences to NOT playing the server (ie. descension).

2.) It is going to create a glut of accounts on both servers between 2 billion and 3 billion planets on ascension and 200-300 million UU on main. Skill and effort will mean nothing. In short, both servers are on Life Support and the doctors are getting ready to pull the plug.

If only there had been someone, a voice in the wilderness crying out for this nonsense to be rethought. Oh wait! That would have been me. But what the hell did I know? I had only been playing the server for two years and knew it better than just about anyone (including Jason). Since Jason isn't reading this Forum anymore, this point is merely my way of screaming into the night. But I am finally glad to see that someone from The Legion has finally come around to the fact that, hey, these updates might not have been a good idea after all.
Raven
Forum Elite

Mojo Rising wrote:
~Phoenix~ wrote:Past a certain point ascending isnt worth it though, i bet most of first page make like equivalent to 5mil app atleast in a week, that takes ages to build up on main and you get big losses for it too.

At the current exchange rate of APP - LF, I make the equivalent of 25 million + APP per day. But it really doesn't matter because EVERYONE will be to that point in six months. But hey, I guess that's what happens when you take the challenge out of the server. Ascension was supposed to be hard; that's what made it special. If it were easy, everyone would do it. (Yes I am paraphrasing a quote from A League of Their Own).

The update to both main and ascension has done/will do two things:

1.) It has totally negated the hard work done by people in ascension for the last two years, who sacrificed their accounts in main to become powerful in ascension, only to have Jason kowtow to the whiners who NEVER played the damn server until there were actually negative consequences to NOT playing the server (ie. descension).

2.) It is going to create a glut of accounts on both servers between 2 billion and 3 billion planets on ascension and 200-300 million UU on main. Skill and effort will mean nothing. In short, both servers are on Life Support and the doctors are getting ready to pull the plug.

If only there had been someone, a voice in the wilderness crying out for this nonsense to be rethought. Oh wait! That would have been me. But what the hell did I know? I had only been playing the server for two years and knew it better than just about anyone (including Jason). Since Jason isn't reading this Forum anymore, this point is merely my way of screaming into the night. But I am finally glad to see that someone from The Legion has finally come around to the fact that, hey, these updates might not have been a good idea after all.

Im not changing my vieuw about the updates .......i think they were necesarry but they only gace a handful of people the chance to catch up .......we need something in Asc wich will make Ascensions worth while anytime you do them cause i think your asc account should be based on how good you ascend and people who wanna stay ahead gotta keep ascending once in a while ......
'Terrorists of SGW'
Mojo Rising
Forum Irregular

Gandalf the White wrote:Phoenix is dead right that no amount of ascentions are going to catch page 1. Maybe only 1 in 150 starting today and not buying trillions of dmu will catch the top 200 considering everyone around there including myself is growing at 7% per day or more. This is down from about 15% on day 5ish of the update but is still huge. I thought the exponential growth was bad before the update, now its just utterly horrible.

If only i could find an investment in the real world that paid 7% per day. You start with $1000 on january 1, and compounded for 365 days you end up with over $53 trillion on new years eve.

As for this update being 'fair', i don't think its possible anymore to compare the 2 'eras' on the same level. PSICOLIX you are still middle of page 1 and the top 5 are still and always will be the top 5, so your hard work hasn't gone to waste at all. The "days behind" gap may have closed but i bet the number of planets and income has gotten much worse. Admin tried to spice up the server and get some activity happening. Of course some will not benefit as much as others. If we all benefited the same nothing would have changed. No one can argue that the status quo would have been sustainable. It might have been nice for page 1 for the status quo to continue but you can't run a game on only 30 happy people. By all measures you have to admit that the update has served its purpose. The fact that the number of active accounts has doubled is a proof enough.

So Gandalf, if what you are saying is true, then there is no point to play this game, because if you do too well, then everyone else will be unhappy and cry and complain until Jason makes it possible to catch up. So hard work, dedication, and sacrifice are worthless as you can always wait for some poor schlep to do all the heavy lifting for you and then you can ride his coattails. Hardly a way to run a successful game, which is why this game will die within six months, at least ascension will and I think main will follow in its wake.
Gandalf the White
Forum Grunt

I never cried, complained or whinged about the game before the updates. I was doing better before the updates came along and allowed people to overtake me with their ridiculous growth rates.

I can't see how you have been disadvantaged Mojo.

1) You are still at the top
2) You are making more dmu and planets than ever before
3) You and your 100 trillion strike can farm anyone else in the game, even though the pitiful amounts mean nothing to you
4) You yourself say that no one will catch you citing SGW_replicators 50 mill APP as only 2 days work for you. Lets face it you can count on 1 hand the number of people who would be willing to do a 50 million APP ascension REGULARLY, not just once.
5) You got your wish (eventually) that the SW would disappear
6) You cannot have your planets untrained and raided anymore. High Empty jumped for joy at that one and his posts indicate that it is now utterly impossible to remove you guys from the top
7) Your alliance and napped alliances are cruising up the ranks even faster now thus further distorting the power balance of the game.
8 ) The new army size limit and raiding/trading caps in main are of massive benefit to you and others over 100mill, further allowing established players to concentrate their power to the detriment of newer players who started 1 or 2 years after you.
Mojo Rising
Forum Irregular

Gandalf the White wrote:I never cried, complained or whinged about the game before the updates. I was doing better before the updates came along and allowed people to overtake me with their ridiculous growth rates.

I can't see how you have been disadvantaged Mojo.

1) You are still at the top
2) You are making more dmu and planets than ever before
3) You and your 100 trillion strike can farm anyone else in the game, even though the pitiful amounts mean nothing to you
4) You yourself say that no one will catch you citing SGW_replicators 50 mill APP as only 2 days work for you. Lets face it you can count on 1 hand the number of people who would be willing to do a 50 million APP ascension REGULARLY, not just once.
5) You got your wish (eventually) that the SW would disappear
6) You cannot have your planets untrained and raided anymore. High Empty jumped for joy at that one and his posts indicate that it is now utterly impossible to remove you guys from the top
7) Your alliance and napped alliances are cruising up the ranks even faster now thus further distorting the power balance of the game.
8 ) The new army size limit and raiding/trading caps in main are of massive benefit to you and others over 100mill, further allowing established players to concentrate their power to the detriment of newer players who started 1 or 2 years after you.

1.) I am not at the top.
2.) Actually I am making less planets than I was BEFORE the update, thank you very much.
3.) No I can't farm ANYONE. About half the accounts in the game (at least) are "too far beneath me" to attack.
4.) I have never said (since the updates have come out) that no one will catch me. I am pretty sure that in six months or so, I will be off the first page.
5.) The SW was a broken construct in the game and should NEVER have been introduced in the first place. Sinister and I (and eventually S T I) contributed trillions of DMU to ensure that the SW would never be used to utterly destroy someone's account. Putting in a screwed up update only to remove it later is not my idea of an update in my favor.
6.) Yes, you are correct. I cannot have my planets stolen. But on the same token, I really never worried about that BEFORE the update when it was still possible. And now, I cannot raid any of you, which is definitely detrimental to my growth, as my CER is decreasing by massive amounts daily.
7.) I have not seen any "cruising" up the ranks of people in my alliance. In fact, a lot of them have fallen in ranks with the new updates. I, myself, have not been able to gain any ground on the people above me. And, my growth is slowing down tremendously. So eventually, in six months, there will be 2000-3000 accounts with between 2 billion and 3 billion planets, unless Forum does something to counteract this update. My solution would be to remove rank mods, damage caps, and the raiding restriction. Ascension was supposed to be a challenging server, fraught with peril. Those that didn't play should have been punished, not rewarded. But Jason listened to the people that DIDN'T play the game and hasn't played the server himself, so had no idea what effect his updates would have on the game, despite the fact that I and people who have played the server for nigh on two years now, told him exactly how messed up his updates were and offered alternative suggestions on how he might make the server fairer for EVERYONE.

So to say that the updates didn't disadvantage me is a gross understatement. Just so you know, I am losing over 36 million planets per day. With my fleets and charisma, I should be making nearly 77 million planets per day, but I am not. I am barely making 41 million planets per day. Now many of you are going to tell me that I don't have anything to complain about but considering that, to get where I am, I had to spend about a million times what you are currently spending to get to the same level, it is pure and utter BS. Check your facts next time before you say that I am not disadvantaged.
Akhenaton
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: The Dark Legion
Race: System Lord
ID: 68952

Mojo Rising wrote:7.) I have not seen any "cruising" up the ranks of people in my alliance. In fact, a lot of them have fallen in ranks with the new updates. I, myself, have not been able to gain any ground on the people above me. And, my growth is slowing down tremendously. So eventually, in six months, there will be 2000-3000 accounts with between 2 billion and 3 billion planets, unless Forum does something to counteract this update. My solution would be to remove rank mods, damage caps, and the raiding restriction. Ascension was supposed to be a challenging server, fraught with peril. Those that didn't play should have been punished, not rewarded. But Jason listened to the people that DIDN'T play the game and hasn't played the server himself, so had no idea what effect his updates would have on the game, despite the fact that I and people who have played the server for nigh on two years now, told him exactly how messed up his updates were and offered alternative suggestions on how he might make the server fairer for EVERYONE.
Im with Mojo on this one. I was a pretty crap account before the updates, but i was trying hard to increase my CER and production. Then the updates came in and i was able to build a low 100's ranked account in a matter of 10 days. Tell me, what is the logic in that? Im above people who spent a lot of effort improving their account. And for what? Its like that advert on TV where only new customers get the good deals, and those loyal to the company (game) get **Filtered** on from above.
Id: 68952
~Phoenix~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Unaligned
Race: Immortal

The top ones werent really affected, the ones who were hit hardest were the ones just behind them ranked 20 - 40.

Return to “Discussion on Released Enhancements”