Forum Addict
Alliance: Phoenicopterus
Race: Ruber
ID: 65498761

Attention all American Soccer Fans!

http://www.thenextamericanrevolution.org/index.php

TNAR Street Team visiting Sarah D. Roosevelt park, one of the most popular
places to play soccer in NYC

The evolution of soccer in the United States of America has begun. With each passing generation the world's game has gradually captivated millions of Americans, leaving its imprint on our country's diverse sporting culture. Soccer is now the most popular youth sport in the U.S. and one of the most played among all ages. However, most Americans are not aware of the magnitude of soccer's popularity due to inadequate media coverage. With soccer and its players serving as a silent majority in the American sporting world, opportunities to elevate the sport and its players are lost everyday. We think that change is needed, and we are giving you a voice.

The goal of The Next American Revolution is to raise awareness. By amassing 20 million signatures, beginning July 4, 2007, we will present clear evidence to the media that soccer in the U.S. does matter. Using the support of the soccer community, we will pursue sponsorship and donations to provide administration and financial support in starting and maintaining the next generation of soccer programs and events in urban, suburban and rural communities.

Something has to change. Join the cause and support the Next American Revolution.

This was started by 2 graduates from my school, and the head coach of the soccer team I play for. All Americans please sign it Here!!!!
Please tell and E-mail everyone you know(Americans)!

Thanks!
~~Flamingo~~
Last edited by Phlamingoe on Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Below Me.
Spoiler
MSN wrote:[EPA] BMMJ13 [BoT] Mr. Orange says (11:35 PM)
only one of us can wear black eyeliner
and im not stopping
[SGC_ReplicÅtors]
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Re: Attention all Americans

W T F?
Saber
Forum Irregular

Good luck with the cause but I still think American football is better.
killtacular
Forum Addict

[SGC_ReplicÅtors] wrote:W T F?

Its a test for the mods LOL very childish
Phlamingoe
Forum Addict

Ask an intelligible question and Ill try to answer it.

Saber wrote:Good luck with the cause but I still think American football is better.

Thank You.

killtacular wrote:

No it's not. This is a real thing that I support thank you. Mods can move it to wherever they deem fit. I just figured it would get the most attention here.

You can check Alpha forums, The Magnificents forums, and Asgard Order forums. Those are the ones I have posted this on so far. I was hoping other alliances would do it for themselves, and save me time, but I will if I have to.
Below Me.
Spoiler
and im not stopping
killtacular
Forum Addict

Re: Attention all American Soccer Fans!

I could care less but there was a big deal about politcal threads this past week . I guess its just ironic .
Phlamingoe
Forum Addict

killtacular wrote:I could care less but there was a big deal about politcal threads this past week . I guess its just ironic .

Must've missed that thread. I don't think this is a politacl thread though :?
Below Me.
Spoiler
and im not stopping
[SGC_ReplicÅtors]
Forum Addict

killtacular wrote:

can u plz explain im sorta lost am i childish?...if so i don't really care but i just wanted some clarification

as for the thread itself....thats the first reaction i got and i will speak whats on my mind.

EDIT NVM i got my answer
Phlamingoe
Forum Addict

[SGC_ReplicÅtors] wrote:
killtacular wrote:

can u plz explain im sorta lost am i childish?...if so i don't really care but i just wanted some clarification

as for the thread itself....thats the first reaction i got and i will speak whats on my mind.

Well the first reaction I get when I see, say a Mentally disabled person is "OMG a retard". But I don't go and yell "OMG a retard" I just look, and move on. Or how about an attractive girl? You don't just walk up to her and grab a handful do ya? No, you ogle, maybe even say Hello!

Anyway...Do you have something you want to ask? Or are you going to keep giving me free bumps? I don't really mind either way :-D
Below Me.
Spoiler
and im not stopping
Exit
Fledgling Forumer
Race: Ancient
ID: 34350

Meh, football is still way more interesting. OSU BUCKS!!

<- I go to school in Columbus.
"I believe it because it is absurd."
[Exit's Signature Shop]
[SGC_ReplicÅtors]
Forum Addict

Phlaminghoe wrote:Well the first reaction I get when I see, say a Mentally disabled person is "OMG a retard". But I don't go and yell "OMG a retard" I just look, and move on. Or how about an attractive girl? You don't just walk up to her and grab a handful do ya? No, you ogle, maybe even say Hello!

Anyway...Do you have something you want to ask? Or are you going to keep giving me free bumps? I don't really mind either way :-D

I find your summery and assumptions on me is quiet disturbing but whatever
agapooka
Semper Ubi Sub Ubi

Honours and Awards

We'd like to take this time to remind our viewers that the Sports Section is NOT, and I repeat, NOT obsolete. Thank-you.
Agapooka wrote:The argument that because a premise cannot be proven false, it must be true, is known as a Negative Proof Fallacy in logic.
Mister Sandman wrote:Nothing at all near the negative proof fallacy in logic. If it cannot be proven false, it has to be true.
Pooka's UU Market Loyalty Card:

Rudy Pena: 1 stamp!

A Spider: 1 stamp!
Phlamingoe
Forum Addict

Agapooka wrote:We'd like to take this time to remind our viewers that the Sports Section is NOT, and I repeat, NOT obsolete. Thank-you.

We have a sport section?!??!?! OMGz0000rzzz!!!!!oneone!!!!7sixety-nine!!111five

[SGC_ReplicÅtors] wrote:
Phlaminghoe wrote:Well the first reaction I get when I see, say a Mentally disabled person is "OMG a retard". But I don't go and yell "OMG a retard" I just look, and move on. Or how about an attractive girl? You don't just walk up to her and grab a handful do ya? No, you ogle, maybe even say Hello!

I find your summery and assumptions on me is quiet disturbing but whatever

I kind of lost the point of what I was trying to say about half way into the first sentence.

Exit wrote:Meh, football is still way more interesting. OSU BUCKS!!

<- I go to school in Columbus.

Only because Soccer(real football ;) ) doesn't get the attention it deserves. I watch football, and its really not that exciting.

One of the most exciting sporting events I've ever been to was an EPL(thats the big league of soccer, Manchester United will probably be the most recognizable team to you) game when I was in England. The whole crowd gets into it. Cheering, singing, yells at the refs, banging in drums...its just amazing. I've been to a Philadelphia Eagles game, the best thing there was the drunks :?
Below Me.
Spoiler
and im not stopping
duke iron
Forum Expert
Race: Asgard

i got to say that soccer isnt as popular as u say i mean football,baseball,and basketball are more popular sports in america i mean in baseball barry bonds is breaking homerun records,and football is like the most watched thing on t.v. on sunday and when the superbowl is on thats the most watched thing on t.v. in america so i think the media just doesnt care about soccer because thats not what people want to see and there are people in america that say if guys play soccer there queers. plus GO BASKETBALL AND BASEBALL,......to favorite sports...........
plus if anyone has read this far american girls are a big part in soccer and immigrants from other countries play soccer other than that thats about it
Exit
Fledgling Forumer
Race: Ancient
ID: 34350

I had to do a term paper on this, but long story short, soccer was adopted by the upper-middle class of the US and made into a rather snooty sport in a nation that already adored football from its roots. The only people that play soccer professionally are nothing. Imagine if everyone in the NBA and NFL played in the MLS? We could definately compete with the Europeans. In Europe, however, everyone loves soccer because it's their culture, from the blue collared to the white collared to the peerage. And my favorite team right now is probably AC Milan... screw Manchester.

A football game is awesome. Ever been to an OSU vs Mich game? It's amazing. 8) Or a Browns vs Steelers game? I've never gone to a european soccer game, but i imagine its much the same, depending on the team matchup. So yeah... american football is amazing.
"I believe it because it is absurd."
[Exit's Signature Shop]

Return to “Sports Section”