Remove Mods

Suggest any improvements
vinny d
Forum Expert
Alliance: House Stark
Race: Nano-ti
ID: 27317

Remove Mods

You helped everyone out with this new update. Now Ascension is like main, a stat building competition. Farming is restricted and raiding is gone. I wish for all of the stat and rank mods be removed, and raid be implemented. Lets finally make this server the server for the elite. Lets make it chaotic. Lets make it be how it is meant to be!
Mojo Rising
Forum Irregular
ID: 1975707

Re: Remove Mods

hear hear! I am all about an update like this.
| Nemesis |
Fledgling Forumer

i like the current ranking system! Just get rid of the mods in place stoppng top players hitting the smaller ones
Give a man the means to start a fire and he can stay warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he`ll be warm for the rest of his life!
Finarfin
Forum Regular
Alliance: Deathwing
Race: Tollan
ID: 40002

Keep rank mods, remove caps.
A-Unit
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Åsgard Protectorate
Race: Ninja
ID: 86650

Bring back the raid
azza002 id=86650
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination
vinny d
Forum Expert
Alliance: House Stark
Race: Nano-ti
ID: 27317

Mojo Rising wrote:hear hear! I am all about an update like this.

I knew you would say that :)

I would love this. Getting 60% of someones DMU sucks! It is total bs. Would a barbarian conqueror defeat his enemy and only take a part of the plunder?
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

I'm in favour.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
Silver Neccho
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Shadow Dominium
Race: Alteran

vinny d wrote:

I would love this. Getting 60% of someones DMU sucks! It is total bs. Would a barbarian conqueror defeat his enemy and only take a part of the plunder?

Would a barbarian take the time to find all the resources? Would they find all hidden caches? Lets say this, you come by ship and attack this realm, but your ship can only hold so much of its plunder so you must leave some behind.

Second of all, ummm, a game for elites? Ascension is not just a game for those who excel at main. It is another game for those who wish to try out a different twist to main.

Second of all, why get rid of the buffer between the very weak and the strong? Afraid to let others get to the point you did? I am in favor of the rank buffer.

Third of all, raid, it was taken out for a reason, to allow new growth in the game, not hinder it. We are not talking growth for the strong, we are talking growth for the weak. Let them grow and then take them on, thats how it works. You let the fly live until it gets to big and annoys you, then you swat it. See unlike main, in ascension you can destroy gameplay for them, so lets leave it a little harder to do that, ok?
Mojo Rising
Forum Irregular
ID: 1975707

~Alterans~ wrote:
vinny d wrote:

Would a barbarian take the time to find all the resources? Would they find all hidden caches? Lets say this, you come by ship and attack this realm, but your ship can only hold so much of its plunder so you must leave some behind.

Second of all, ummm, a game for elites? Ascension is not just a game for those who excel at main. It is another game for those who wish to try out a different twist to main.

Second of all, why get rid of the buffer between the very weak and the strong? Afraid to let others get to the point you did? I am in favor of the rank buffer.

Third of all, raid, it was taken out for a reason, to allow new growth in the game, not hinder it. We are not talking growth for the strong, we are talking growth for the weak. Let them grow and then take them on, thats how it works. You let the fly live until it gets to big and annoys you, then you swat it. See unlike main, in ascension you can destroy gameplay for them, so lets leave it a little harder to do that, ok?

OK you went there. You used real world examples so let me throw a few real world examples at you. Yes you are right that barbarians might not find all the hidden caches but that works both ways, not just one. Why does a smaller force have a BETTER chance at finding all the caches (ie. stealing a larger percentage of the money) than a smaller force. In reality, the larger force should be able to take MORE. Secondly, why do we have two different stats for attack and defense? Can not the attackers, when they are not attacking, defend the realm? Why is it that that doesn't happen in the game?

Secondly, ascension was a CHOICE. You didn't have to ascend to succeed, despite what all the other players are telling you. There are currently thousands of unascended beings out there who are doing just fine playing the game. You didn't have to ascend and you most assuredly didn't have to do six or seven ascensions in the space of a month or so. That was a choice.

Thirdly, ascension was a server for people who wanted a different type of challenge, with new options to explore. Most people just saw it as a way to gain power in main and they took it. Others, like most of the members of DD chose another path. We were kicked around in main for quite sometime so we kicked people around in ascension. Then we became powerful in both servers because we were smart. We played the game as it was meant to be played. And we were punished for it because the creator of the game has no **Filtered** clue what is going on.

Lastly, rank mods are a crutch that is no longer needed in the game, as are damage caps. People have had long enough to build up their stats to avoid being descended. If they haven't availed themselves of the opportunity, again this is not my fault. Let's make the playing field EVEN again instead of constantly slanting it towards the weak.
Silver Neccho
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Shadow Dominium
Race: Alteran

Well, you seem to nicely forget that ascending helps out the main account as well? Are we supposed to just forfeit all the added power of ascension just because there are people in ascension who have been controlling it for a while? Just because someone is weak does not warrant you to wipe them out.
repli**cator
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: SOLO
Race: RepliTiMaster
ID: 65108
Alternate name(s): makanko
~mak~

i think this idea is great for circumstances in which to remove the rank mods in cases of war
if you guys are going on about DMU farming I think it does suck that i get a 60% mod if someone doesn't have a defence...that sucks imo

RobinInDaHood wrote:Not everyone ascended only for the bonuses, Mojo. Some, like me, actually like and prefer the ascended server to main.

The rank modifier, in its current state, is hopelessly broken. You guys know I've generally been the advocate for the "little guy" and making sure that his interests are protected. Descension SHOULD be difficult, maybe even nearly impossible, for an active player who is actively seeking to save himself. However, the current system allows for abuse from the lower ranks and, in truth, no such advantage for the powerful players.

This could be mostly fixed by keeping the rank modifier in place for any account that isn't actively attacking. One you attack another player, you lose any benefit of rank difference and are subject to the full weight and power of whoever you hit. To implement and enforce this, Admin could simply set up the server so that you cannot hit another player unless you are set to war with them. Once at war, the rank modifier is null and void until you are at peace or neutral. I'd also recommend that the minimum commitment time for status changes be altered from the current 24 hour delay to 48 hours. That would give both players ample time to strike and strike back before the rank modifier could be reinstated.

This plan would serve the needs of both small and big players by preventing random account smashing by 2+ year veterans and allow reasonable retaliation if someone hits you.
POWER to the repli/nanoti !
Role Playing
"Be sure brain is engaged before putting mouth in gear"
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

The rank mods do need to go, i got some noob in the 1200 rank range hitting me, i have twice as many defenders has he has attackers yet his strike is 100trill higher, hes getting the 130% against me, these guys can hit us yet we cant hit them, come on already.
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

GeneralChaos wrote:The rank mods do need to go, i got some noob in the 1200 rank range hitting me, i have twice as many defenders has he has attackers yet his strike is 100trill higher, hes getting the 130% against me, these guys can hit us yet we cant hit them, come on already.

Now ~Alterans~ I ask you this. If this was you, would you feel the same? I have people I have never seen or touched before constantly attacking me now. One of them has less people in their ENTIRE realm then I have in def. At the rate hes growing he will break through in 2 weeks. He trains attacks, farms, and dumps it all in CER and strike enhancements. then untrains all into the "Untouchable" resource planets. He doesnet even carry a def.

Please explain how this is even remotely fair? or even enlighten me as to a way to defend against it? With next to nothing in NMEC and LF enhancements he is effectively undeascendable so dont use that one. Hes to active to be deascended.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Finarfin
Forum Regular
Alliance: Deathwing
Race: Tollan
ID: 40002

~Alterans~ wrote:Well, you seem to nicely forget that ascending helps out the main account as well? Are we supposed to just forfeit all the added power of ascension just because there are people in ascension who have been controlling it for a while? Just because someone is weak does not warrant you to wipe them out.

The strong don't randomly destroy people. Their complaint is that they cannot do anything to the people who attack them thanks to the way the game is designed. Nothing is meant to be untouchable in this game, and I can see why they would be peeved. They have no way to hit back at the people, and they should.
Thageneral
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0

Here's an idea: why dont you drop one or two of your stats so that you drop in rank and thus they lose the advantage over you and you can hit them? and when you're done, you can build that stat up again?

Just my 2 cents.
*sig by achaiah*

Return to “Suggestions”