Suggestion for ascension and main

Suggest any improvements
Mojo Rising
Forum Irregular
ID: 1975707

Suggestion for ascension and main

I have a suggestion for ascension and main:

I have been told that the coding for this is not difficult at all.

Here it is:

In ascension: you may only attack +/- 25 ranks.
In main: you may only attack +/- 75 ranks.

This will solve a number of problems. First, it will prevent the strong from preying on the weak. Secondly, it will prevent the weak from preying on the strong. Third, it will slow down raiding which will slow down growth in main, which will slow down growth in ascension.

Also, if this is implemented, change the ranking system in ascension to reflect not only size but stats as well, perhaps 25% for influence power, 20% covert, 20% assassin, 10% Command Star, 15% defense, and 10% attack.
Last edited by Mojo Rising on Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Turkey
Forum Regular

Re: Suggestion for ascension and main

hmm lets sell all my weps and untrain all my spies, self mass my MS....oh wait YAY!!!!! no active account in main can attack me
Mojo Rising
Forum Irregular

Turkey wrote:hmm lets sell all my weps and untrain all my spies, self mass my MS....oh wait YAY!!!!! no active account in main can attack me

Yup. You're right. And if you want to live that way, go for it. I wouldn't recommend it though.
Turkey
Forum Regular

Personally I wouldnt, but many would.
Mojo Rising
Forum Irregular

Turkey wrote:Personally I wouldnt, but many would.

Cool, that's fine. Again, it will slow down ascension.
Rich™
Forum Regular
Alliance: Alpha Allegiance
Race: System Lord
ID: 1908612

Agree but i'd increase those stats two fold, 50 and 150 respeticely.

Also what about defenses generally being bigger than strikes? E.g. rank 100 strike is less than half of rank 100 defense.

Therefore is everyone around you has circa similar rank def to you, you'd need to increase your strike to make hits thus raising your rank and you'd possibly be out of the leagues of those players now around you after you've increased rank, although that said i guess everyone would be doing it, so it'd work itself out and finally see a balance between strike + def.
Rich™ [ α Allegiance ] - 1908612
Living God of the INDU

My Trade Feedback
Mojo Rising
Forum Irregular

Rich™ wrote:Agree but i'd increase those stats two fold, 50 and 150 respeticely.

Also what about defenses generally being bigger than strikes? E.g. rank 100 strike is less than half of rank 100 defense.

Therefore is everyone around you has circa similar rank def to you, you'd need to increase your strike to make hits thus raising your rank and you'd possibly be out of the leagues of those players now around you after you've increased rank, although that said i guess everyone would be doing it, so it'd work itself out and finally see a balance between strike + def.

That's what I am going for. I am also trying to downplay the importance of attack rank in the rankings so you don't have someone selling off their strike right before a turn change and then dropping sufficiently to buy up their strike right after the turn change and going to town on someone. You will need to have a balanced account of similar proportions to the people you are attacking. Basically, it is just balancing out the server as I already cannot attack people much lower than me. I just want them to not be able to attack me as well.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

The problem I see with this is making accounts untouchable, I don't like it. Someone can stay in the inactive range and grow unchecked and then sell for $$ and thats senseless.

Not saying the idea doesnt have merit,,, just put a clause in where all accounts say below rank 5000 are out of this restriction. then its possible to let the small fries feed on dead accounts, or let recovering war veterians recover there lost army size.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.

Return to “Suggestions”