Another suggestion for main and ascension

Suggest any improvements
Lord_Zeus
Forum Regular
ID: 0

Re: Another suggestion for main and ascension

There will still be growth at 2 bil - but I will be in other areas Mojo, you have attack, defence enhancements etc, if you have enhancements that give you double defence I think your stronger... even if they have 2 mil more planets :P. Production can also grow, and I don't see anything stopping you growing past 2 bil... you certainly can.
Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Stickin it to the man!
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Mojo is right, there will come a time, I'd say less then 1 yr, when basicly the cost of each enhancement will be so great that nearly everyone will plain out at about the same stats. Within 50 levels or so. Soon all ascended will be is thousands of massive accounts that the people who cant be online once every 8 hrs will be targeted as everyone else will simple farm DMU to rebuild with. The exponintial growth is going to kill the game.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Mojo Rising
Forum Irregular
ID: 1975707

Lord_Zeus wrote:There will still be growth at 2 bil - but I will be in other areas Mojo, you have attack, defence enhancements etc, if you have enhancements that give you double defence I think your stronger... even if they have 2 mil more planets :P. Production can also grow, and I don't see anything stopping you growing past 2 bil... you certainly can.

OK, let me point out something. Level 1000 in one of the military stats gives you a multiplier of 121 (1+stat/100)^2 so in this case 11^2 = 121. Level 800 gives you a multiplier of 81. Divide these two and you get a difference of 1.49. Rank mods of 130% will practically negate that edge and the person who has level 1000 has spent about 10 times the resources as the person who has level 800. That's wrong. Now, as the levels become closer, as they inevitably will with the reduction of incomes, let's say it is level 1100 vs level 1000. 144/121 = 1.19. In this case, the 130% rank mod not only negates the level advantage, but gives the person with level 1000 a distinct advantage as he needs to train LESS planets and less weapons to breach the level 1100 defense.

Let me point to Jason's ascension account (currently ranked 12th). He currently has approximately 70% (if not more) of his planets trained up into military planets (attack, defense, covert, and assassin) and he is on critical so his income is **Filtered**. Yes, he can stay there in his little turtle shell and he won't probably be bothered for awhile. But his account is also stagnant. He can't do crap with it. All of us at the top COULD do that. But what's the point?

And I don't know what I have done to a lot of you to make you think that I want to descend the entire server. I don't. I want to descend a maximum of 10 people and then keep descending them over and over until they quit. The rest of you are fine. I just want the ability to be able to do so without just wasting my turns and my descension stats. I built my account to descend people that annoyed me. Jason made that impossible. I am asking for the ability to effectively retaliate against people who attack me in ascension. That is ALL I am asking for. I am not asking for a license to descend. I would be happy with an update that eliminated the rank mods and damage caps for anyone who attacks anyone else. So, if you don't attack (and you are lower ranked) you still benefit from the huge rank mods and damage caps in your favor. However, if you snipe someone with your bastard account, then all protection is off (against that person or persons) and you are fair game. I liken it to the Messin' with Sasquatch commercials. You mess with Sasquatch, you are going to get f'ed up
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Well said.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Reason, youll get dead.
Asclepius
Forum Newbie

I agree merge, but not necessarily in quite the same way as you've said because whilst i've been on ascended for quite a while i've never really bothered playing it ever. This was partly because i wasn't really interested in playing another game because i couldn't be bothered and also because i liked main really. Now its more an issue of the fact i've hardly enough time as it is to play main as it is and when i go back to uni i'll probably have to stop again so from a selfish point of view it would help me :p. I had a few ideas (slightly different to the original ones here) written down somewhere, i'll go find them and write back to see what ppl think.
The Lord hath created medicines out of the earth; and he that is wise will not abhor them. ~Ecclesiasticus 38:4
Funky White Boy
Forum Irregular

Merging the 2 would screw me. I only have a decent ascended account through lack of time to play main server.
I like the fact that turns are limited.
I would suggest a whole server reset with all DMU refunded to the accounts (LF refunded in DMU with appropraite conversion), this still gives the older players a major advantage. The exponential factors and caps to be removed.
I would make it easier to descend someone
Powerful ascensions with lots of resources should be rewarded. Maybe you could have the option of taking your planets and MS as well.

I agree with Mojo rising something drastic needs to be done but I like the limited turns of ascension. You have to think before you mass.
Macrocosm
Fledgling Forumer
Race: Ancient

I support that, also I would like my two sense to be put fourth for ascended race to be changeable up to 3 times, depends on how many times you ascend.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Macocosm wrote:I support that, also I would like my two sense to be put fourth for ascended race to be changeable up to 3 times, depends on how many times you ascend.

Why 3? There are 4 races. Stop at 3 and everyone will complain they want the one they didn't try.
Reason, youll get dead.
avdk6
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: YggDrasil
ID: 19808

Changeable 3 times would not include the first one I'd wager, as it isn't a change.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

avdk6 wrote:Changeable 3 times would not include the first one I'd wager, as it isn't a change.

point taken :D

Of course you will need to make it 4 changes, so all can be tryed and then 1 picked 8)
Reason, youll get dead.
Macrocosm
Fledgling Forumer

So be it four. :lol: I was thinking that per ascension you would gain more, as is the same in main, you gain more race changes, the more you ascend.
Dox
Forum Grunt

yeah race change for ascended would be good
dont really like the merger idea tho
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Dox wrote:yeah race change for ascended would be good
dont really like the merger idea tho

Well the server is dieing, something radical will need to be done.

Main reason for the merger is so many people have invested so much in ascended that a reset isn't possible. This is a valid idea.
Reason, youll get dead.
Macrocosm
Fledgling Forumer

Well lets say that you do not have to have any real side effects from changing your ascended race, as ascended races have little if none benefits to ether of them.
TacticalCommander
Forum Regular
Race: Saige
ID: 8742

My thoughts on this.

Merge Yes

Your method of combining stats....NO.
A) that would make it impossible for a new unascended player in main to catch up.
B) That would make main very similar to what Ascended was before the update with a few players beyond all hope of someone catching up.
C) You would have that outcry again from everyone who didn't work on their ascended account.
D) That outcry and imbalance is what led to the updates that you are so fond of saying Ruined Ascension.
E) That will lead to a series of updates that will inevitably, send main down the same spiral of destruction.

So lets have an idea, that I don't know, won't send main on the plunge.

Now I will give my idea for you to ridicule and etc, simply because I believe one should at least make an attempt at a better idea instead of just ridiculing another.

Review, What Ascension for? Essentially, its a server that protects your ascended stats, and tries to take away another. So that is what my idea is going to base on.

Get rid of everything except these stats
Energy Attack Power Level
Energy Attack Skill
Energy Absorbtion Power
Energy Absorbtion Skill
Energy Repulsion Strength
Personal Constitution
Energy Flow Ability
Energy Channeling Skill
Maximum Natural Energy Capacity
Ascension Power Points

These get reset to 0. Now to balance out, there needs to be something for converting part of the Ascended account to AP and sending that back to main. Whether its army size, or taking all the life force from level or certain levels and converting that back to AP and sending that to main. So long as those who have bigger accounts on ascension, have more starting AP on Main.

Now, lets move on to Ascended Attack and Decension.

Lets What is Decension? Its never been full implemented and easily used that I think we even know what its for. You say to descend someone, but to what Tactical Advantage? To rid one of their bonus, but all that does now in war is decrease ones income slightly. By the time its done, defenses have been massed and its just a farm fest.

I am going to go with the policy to be something that can be used as an effective strategy in war following to concepts
1) Easier to accomplish
2) Less effect time.

My goal is that it will become something that you launch as a first strike to rid the bonus to an opposing sides defense before massing it. Like wise, the defending side may use it to rid an attacking side of its bonus.

-Lets keep
--the 99 Turn Cost.
--Ascended Life Force
--Ascended Life Force Reserves
---Adjusted to be equal to Life Force.
---3mil Ascended Life Force Capacity = 3mil Life Force Reserve.
--Ascended Life Force Cache

Ascended Battle
-Ascended being vs Ascended Being
---No DEFENSE
---NO MODIFIER
---NO 1/3 RULE
-1 hit descensions are possible, including if you attack someone and they deal enough damage to descend you.
-Otherwise, just like Ascended Battles now.

- Defenders still have an advantage because they have Repulsion to repel damage.

Effects of Decension
-Loss of all Bonuses.
-Duration
--Prior Loss of bonuses for an 1 hour
--Prophet - Loss for 2hours
--Messiah - 3 hours
--Incarnate - 4 hrs
--etc
---Those who have ascended more have more to lose and longer to recover.
---I think that this is reasonable given how easy it is to be descended.

Lastly, if you guys are that afraid of the Big players going around and randomly descending small players, lets keep this mind,
99 turns to randomly descend some Prior isn't worth it.
If you really want to hinder it, well, non transferable turns have been introduced via MT's, make ascended attacks only usable by those.

I've two years, I'm middle player, Yeah, I don't like just losing those 2 years, but its better than now, and you've been arguing these for ages now, and what we got was the recent updates, at least this way you end up with an advantage still.

TC

EDIT
Since AP and life generation alone maybe a little too slow for effective upgrading of levels, viewtopic.php?f=13&t=91479
is a very good suggestion for going around this.
GLORY TO THE GOD ALMIGHTY!
I am not being aggressive, I am being dominant.

Return to “Suggestions”