Time to link main - ascended

Suggest any improvements
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

Time to link main - ascended

You know, ive seen this posted before by some bigger players and i never really understood why at the time, now i do,

There are too many guys in main, hiding on ascended, because well they really dont lose all that much, and even after the massive ascended update they still dont want to play it,

Vacation mode in ascended should be linked to main, vaca in ascended = vaca in main, you cant play 1 and not the other its just BS,

Also even if admin doesn't want to do that, if you go on vacation mode in ascended you should lose ALL BONUS how can your ascended account seriously boost your main account when you just log in once and go on vacation its just plain BS, i mean, no boost to att,def,covert,ac, no AB, and the weapons should go to half power as they are losing there ascended connection while you are on vacation mode.

Im sure this will be shot down by all the people who just want to get the bonus's in main but never want to play ascended, if you never wanted to play ascended you should have never ascended full stop.
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"
deni
The Initiate
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM
Race: Goddess
ID: 75493

Honours and Awards

Re: Time to link main - ascended

Totally agree. So far you lose only the income and attack bonus when you are on vacation on ascended, but the AB, defense and covert bonus remain at 50%. They should go aswell.

How can your ascended being give you your blessing if they decided to take a break?

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

Me and countless others have been suggesting this for ages now. Good luck getting admin to take any notice.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
Lord_Zeus
Forum Regular
ID: 0

Disagree, if it was to be implemented there would need to be ppt or something similar to it in ascended, why? Because sometimes you Need to go on vac in ascended where you don't need to in main. Eg your going away for 1 day - in that day you will be descended, However you can put your account on ppt in main... when you get back your stuck on vac in ascended for a day falling behind.
Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Stickin it to the man!
mondomadmun
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: Raoming free with the buffalo
Race: Hybrid
ID: 0

Lord_Zeus wrote:Disagree, if it was to be implemented there would need to be ppt or something similar to it in ascended, why? Because sometimes you Need to go on vac in ascended where you don't need to in main. Eg your going away for 1 day - in that day you will be descended, However you can put your account on ppt in main... when you get back your stuck on vac in ascended for a day falling behind.

I am sure there will be a process of implementation so that the link is balanced and fair. Even if it takes a few updates. Change will always stink when it is implemented, but time gives it a fair go.

I am all for the idea even though I am on the bottom rungs of the ladder.
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict

Lord_Zeus wrote:Disagree, if it was to be implemented there would need to be ppt or something similar to it in ascended, why? Because sometimes you Need to go on vac in ascended where you don't need to in main. Eg your going away for 1 day - in that day you will be descended, However you can put your account on ppt in main... when you get back your stuck on vac in ascended for a day falling behind.

I know what your saying and i agree, sometimes you cannot help it, im talking about the people who are on vacation mode in ascended but are happily massing away in main, how can you play main yet need to be on vacation in ascended......
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Good point, make it so after 4 days you lose all ascended bonuses when on vacation. That covers your ppt time.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
deni
The Initiate
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM
Race: Goddess
ID: 75493

Honours and Awards

Lore wrote:

Good point, make it so after 4 days you lose all ascended bonuses when on vacation. That covers your ppt time.

I do not agree. Why should there be a waiting period before you lose your main bonuses? The moment you hit vac mode on ascended, all your bonuses have to go. Besides as it is now you lose your income bonus anyways, and it is the only one that is important when you are on ppt on main.

The problematic part is linking vacation modes on both servers, as you can ppt on main but not on ascended. If vacation on ascended implies the loss of all main bonuses, then a link between the vac modes is not needed IMO. You are punished enough with a period of no growth on ascended, and the only thing you keep on main are the ascended weapons as a "reward" for the effort of ascending in the first place.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to
TheRook
Forum Addict
Alliance: Warlords of Briton
Race: Humanoid
ID: 30679

in the big ascension update admin decided what was going to happen with vac/descension and the bonuses lost on those...

to be honest I feel that its fine... although I'd rather keep my ascended account off vac because the 15% bonus far out weighs the chance of me being descended...

to take your idea of linking main with ascended I feel that you should be able to do a "reverse god quest" basically your covert troops and attack troops rush into their realm as an attack... and this tells you the ascended god's name of that player (if they are ascended)

but we also need it to be ID number instead of names...

that would solve people hiding with different names on ascension during times of war and it will make those who have a different identity on ascended and hardly play from being very difficult to track down to easy to track down so they will either have to play or risk being descended or become a daimon...

but thats just me :) so carry on :D

TheRook
My Account for Sale (cold hard cash) at the link below (Have a look its a great deal!)
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 1&t=174111

Main ID = 30679 | Ascended ID = 1467
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict

I dont see the need for a reverse GQ, if someone in ascended is not helping there alliance during a war, the alliance will find out, and as soon as they attack they let themselves known to the enemy,

My problem is guys who go on vacation mode, in ascended claiming they can't play or there account sucks, but still benefit from it in main, if they lost all % bonus's and AB, but kept the ascended weapons, then thats fine, because then they are losing out, but as it stands, vacation mode has more benefits than descension, and thats why so many people hide on vacation, and it needs to stop,

ANYONE who plays ascended can make there account protectable from descension, for 1 person to do it, it would take an unbelievable commitment, and they would have to be doing max damage every hit.

TheRook
Forum Addict
Alliance: Warlords of Briton
Race: Humanoid
ID: 30679

GeneralChaos wrote:I dont see the need for a reverse GQ, if someone in ascended is not helping there alliance during a war, the alliance will find out, and as soon as they attack they let themselves known to the enemy,

My problem is guys who go on vacation mode, in ascended claiming they can't play or there account sucks, but still benefit from it in main, if they lost all % bonus's and AB, but kept the ascended weapons, then thats fine, because then they are losing out, but as it stands, vacation mode has more benefits than descension, and thats why so many people hide on vacation, and it needs to stop,

ANYONE who plays ascended can make there account protectable from descension, for 1 person to do it, it would take an unbelievable commitment, and they would have to be doing max damage every hit.

basically anyone that puts in the effort can technically be descended in 4 hits (doing the maximum 1/3rd reserves) if they dont convert cache into LF/reserves...

but its very much possible for someone to descend another over a much longer period of time... just a lot harder...

edit the reverse god quest is for enemies that dont fight in the battle/war so that they can still be attacked on ascended... otherwise its a case of waiting for them to attack...
My Account for Sale (cold hard cash) at the link below (Have a look its a great deal!)
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 1&t=174111

Main ID = 30679 | Ascended ID = 1467
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict

Then its up to your alliance to go recon work to find them in ascended,

Back to the 1/3 its very hard to do 1/3 damage to someone who is active and builds there account right, espically after rank mod, and defense skills, come into affect, if admin where to remove the rank mod then fine, but he wont, and there is plenty of info on these forums on how to build your account correct, people are just lazy and want admin to do it all for them.

Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

An active account can not be deascended. It takes a minimum of 4 hits or 12 hrs doing max damage.

I personally like the reverse GQ idea. I think you should have a chance everytime your covert is higher then your enemies and their ascended blessing kicks in.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.

Return to “Suggestions”