Suggest any improvements
darkness5723
Forum Regular
Alliance: Ascended Generations
Race: The Faceless
ID: 5741

Fixing the server, the hard way.

Okay, I think most people can agree on the following points:
1. The server is screwed pretty much beyond the point of repair.
2. Exponential tiered growth is hurting much more than it's helping.
3. Descension needs to be made possible.
4. The army-size cap is B.S and needs to go. (or at the very least be softened by a huge extent)
Well, I think I've found the only solution to these problems. Reset the server. I know this has been suggested before and shot down, but it's never been suggested like this before. This reset would let the strong keep their advantage, allow the weak to catch up (somewhat, with a lot of work), and give the server fresh life.
First off:
1. All levels get reset, all LF gets refunded from this level reset.
2. All planets get converted to LF.
3. Weapons get sold, and turned into LF.
Then the thing that will actually fix the server. ALL of the cost/stat formulas need to be changed. Instead of having tiered increases in the costs of levels, have them be very exponential from the start, that way it's a smooth curve increase, so all growth will be slowed and people will actually have to work for their levels, instead of getting 400 free levels then never buying a stat again. The charisma modifier to fleets should NOT be ^3, this results in massive modifiers for CER and is how people got so big in the first place. Forum himself said that it was a mistake that caused this to happen but couldn't be fixed due to some people having it longer. Well on a fresh start, everything can be made the way it was. Lessen the level modifiers to stats so we don't see quadrillions of stat power 1 month after the reset. Basically, everything should be made less-exponential, as it is the extremely exponential nature of the game that resulted in this broken thing we call ascension. With a server reset, everything can be re-thought out with the players in mind, we can all work together to provide the best solution, since after all, we are the people who make this game. Descension can be re-vamped, everything can be fixed and awesome again, as it was before.
Saber
Forum Irregular

Re: Fixing the server, the hard way.

I like this suggestion though I would also suggestions
Though I would also put out their a divition by 10 to all LF totals after they are added up so it is an equal set back for everyone and would make the server 1/10th what it is now.
darkness5723
Forum Regular

well, I'm glad someone decided to respond to my post. People: you can ignore this now, but it's not going to go away.
This will be necessary to fix the server, otherwise in a few months from now everything is going to be seriously screwed up and the server is just going to get reset anyway.. Better to get it going now instead of waiting a few months to do it.
Nigatsu_Aka
Forum Elder

Do people still care about this server? :shock:

I have said once when the updates came that the ascended is screwed... and i`m saying again. Do you realy think that a reset will change the order in ascended? IMAO

Most of the players who reached the top, did it because they knew how to play. Do you think that a reset will change the way they play? I don`t think so.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

_of War wrote:well, I'm glad someone decided to respond to my post. People: you can ignore this now, but it's not going to go away.
This will be necessary to fix the server, otherwise in a few months from now everything is going to be seriously screwed up and the server is just going to get reset anyway.. Better to get it going now instead of waiting a few months to do it.

We have been saying this for months and months. Admin will continue to "try to fix it" because too many people have invested too much into ascended to ever find a "Fair" compromise.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
darkness5723
Forum Regular

Nigatsu_Aka wrote:Do people still care about this server? :shock:

I have said once when the updates came that the ascended is screwed... and i`m saying again. Do you realy think that a reset will change the order in ascended? IMAO

Most of the players who reached the top, did it because they knew how to play. Do you think that a reset will change the way they play? I don`t think so.

It isn't about shifting the order of power, it's about fixing the server so it doesn't have extremely exponential growth, resulting in an enormous power gap between the very-high and the high players, which results in stupid caps and checks and balances to "even out" the server. It should be exactly how it started out, no limits, no caps, no rank mods, but as the server is now, they've become something of a necessary evil.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

_of War wrote:

It isn't about shifting the order of power, it's about fixing the server so it doesn't have extremely exponential growth, resulting in an enormous power gap between the very-high and the high players, which results in stupid caps and checks and balances to "even out" the server. It should be exactly how it started out, no limits, no caps, no rank mods, but as the server is now, they've become something of a necessary evil.

Nigatsu's remark was not about shifting of power either.

Yes 100% agree exponential growth is the #1 problem with the game, Main should be a faster server with ascended being a slower more mothadical game.

yes 100% agree no limits, no caps, no rank mods is exactly how it should be.

But what everone playing the server needs to finally understand and come to terms with is the fact, If someone has been playing 2 yrs longer then you, they should kick your behind in battle, if they been playing 2 yrs longer then you they should be way, way bigger then you, if they been playin 2 yrs longer then you, they should be more powerful then you, AND last but not least, if they been playin 2 yrs longer then you, it should take you more then 1 to 6 months to catch them. Otherwise why not delete CER and give everyone 5 bill planets and be done? this way everyone has the same size and power.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Nigatsu_Aka
Forum Elder

Lore wrote:
_of War wrote:

Yes 100% agree exponential growth is the #1 problem with the game, Main should be a faster server with ascended being a slower more mothadical game.

But what everone playing the server needs to finally understand and come to terms with is the fact, If someone has been playing 2 yrs longer then you, they should kick your behind in battle, if they been playing 2 yrs longer then you they should be way, way bigger then you, if they been playin 2 yrs longer then you, they should be more powerful then you, AND last but not least, if they been playin 2 yrs longer then you, it should take you more then 1 to 6 months to catch them. Otherwise why not delete CER and give everyone 5 bill planets and be done? this way everyone has the same size and power.

You somehow reached to my conclusion... why bother?

The concept of the game, the original one, with raiding planets and 1 full month of descention as a penalty was the best i`ve played. Indeed, if a player is active he should be high ranked.

As it is, the game has reached a dead end. And since the descention penalty is a joke, this server realy, doesn`t matter. Why would people bother ascending past LG+1 anyway?
darkness5723
Forum Regular

Nigatsu_Aka wrote:
Lore wrote:
_of War wrote:

You somehow reached to my conclusion... why bother?

The concept of the game, the original one, with raiding planets and 1 full month of descention as a penalty was the best i`ve played. Indeed, if a player is active he should be high ranked.

As it is, the game has reached a dead end. And since the descention penalty is a joke, this server realy, doesn`t matter. Why would people bother ascending past LG+1 anyway?

@Lore, I totally agree that people who have been playing longer should be more powerful, and rightly so. BUT: The server became SO unbalanced relatively quickly because of the extremely exponential nature of the game. Deserved or not, there shouldnt be a 100000000000000x power gap between any accounts. Not blaming the players, hell I think everyone at the top deserves to be there, it's the game's fault.

Server needs to be reset, growth rates need to be cut to 1/5 of what they are now or even just change it to be non-exponential. Re-introduce raiding, implement the ORIGINAL descension (lose an ascension), no caps. I do however think there does need to be some sort of power-limiter on descension attacks, because it shouldnt be as easy as a few million LF and 99 turns to completely take away one ascension, but other than that no caps.

A reset is the ONLY way to return the server to what it was, any sort of "fix" now would just be a temporary slow-down at best and at worse would just screw it up even more. And really, it should appeal to everyone. People on top get their lead, smaller people get evened up planet-wise.

Return to “Suggestions”