Raiding Gone

For discussion on balance, bugs, likes, dislikes of recently released features.
Chris M
Forum Expert
Race: System Lord
ID: 13122

Raiding Gone

What does everyone think about this?

i think it sucks really. now all i can really use my ATs on is DMU farming... bit boring. but atleast DMU farming will be more profitable (*insert warning to non-allies here*) now...

Raid is a tough one, it was something else to do. But it can have a big effect on who is top dogs on ascension. and these new updates solve some problems anyways. i miss it as it was a activity since i never farmed. now i must farm and get only 60% per hit thanks to rank modifier...

bigger plays are screwed eitherway :(
RETIRED
Funky White Boy
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

Re: Raiding Gone

Problem is unless you were allied to DD or top alliance you just could not grow because you were massed to the ground if your planet count looked tasty I had this happen 3 times when I reached Top 75, this effectively ensured the dominance of the top alliances in ascended which was originally intended to be a solo enterprise!

As I said on 3 occasions a top player took my defences out to allow another player to raid away my planets. The loss of raid is another balancing act. On the last occasion I lost 2 million planets and had to use a vacation mode to stop the rest being removed.

It actually took a mate to remove his defence and me to attack him to retrain the rest back into covert to allow me to rebuild. It took 30 days to recover to where I was and I dropped from 75 to 120 rank in one hit.

I would do the same, this was not malice just the way of the game. There is no way I would have exacted revenge because attacking DD players is frankly suicide.

Effectively raiding was allowing those already dominant to become more so and there was little you could do to defend against it. I reckon forum just tried to even this aspect up.
TheRook
Forum Addict
Alliance: Warlords of Briton
Race: Humanoid
ID: 30679

funky has pointed out exactly why its been removed

Initiate Revolution is still there so you can cripple someones income during a war

TheRook
My Account for Sale (cold hard cash) at the link below (Have a look its a great deal!)
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 1&t=174111

Main ID = 30679 | Ascended ID = 1467
Chris M
Forum Expert

Yea i can accept that
Ive been raided and raided several times and unless your on the attacking side its no fair. But, raiding others allowed me to catch people closer to me.

Now raid is gone, how are newer people gunna remove the advantage i enhjoyed for many many months?

UP is slooooow
RETIRED
Lajh
Forum Regular

well, chris, we could arrange a full mass party sometime and threw the boredom away. i know whats it like, only banking on main and putting dmu in lf on ascension ;)
I wrote: Why do people put quotes in their signatures?
http://www.lajh.youaremighty.com/
Chris M
Forum Expert

yea, if the people above me werent allies i would set you lose on them :p
RETIRED
TheRook
Forum Addict
Alliance: Warlords of Briton
Race: Humanoid
ID: 30679

you could take a noobie account and make it powerful...

TheRook

/looks at relativly weak ascended account
My Account for Sale (cold hard cash) at the link below (Have a look its a great deal!)
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 1&t=174111

Main ID = 30679 | Ascended ID = 1467
Cole
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Legendary Apophis, Apophis The Great, Legendary

woot now Big Brother can't expand as easily as before :D !!
Big thumb up to the update!
vinny d
Forum Expert
Alliance: House Stark
Race: Nano-ti
ID: 27317

I think that taking away raid makes players focus on there personal stats such as charisma, production, and of course Cosmic Development. Without raid in place one has to do a big ascension to get to a sustainable rate of growth. With a 1 million APP ascension one can put themselves in the place to create a decent strength account. However unless you have a couple million UP CFE it will take a while to catch even the medium sized players.
eragorn
Forum Grunt

Raiding was the best part of ascended I came in with a small ascension and was able to grow very quickly because of many, many wonderful raiding trips, now initiate revolution is almost useless. I would rather have raid back, even at the reduced untrained only rate, although being able to raid and get their resource planet to become your resource planets, although at a much smaller rate was brilliant. How aout 2 - 3 types of raids. ALL OUT RAID (10 turns per) looking for both RESOURCE AND UNTRAINED, RESOURCE RAID (5 turns per) for resource planets, and PLANET RAID (1 turn per) for untrained planets with all having a max of 100 turns for all out raiding bliss. (with AOR in multiple of 10, RR in multiple of 5, and PR in mutiple of 1) Also the AOR would be 3 times as costly for raiders PR and th RR would be 2 times as costly.
Travis9x
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: Honorus Bellatoris
Race: Ancient / Ajna

eragorn wrote:Raiding was the best part of ascended I came in with a small ascension and was able to grow very quickly because of many, many wonderful raiding trips, now initiate revolution is almost useless. I would rather have raid back, even at the reduced untrained only rate, although being able to raid and get their resource planet to become your resource planets, although at a much smaller rate was brilliant. How aout 2 - 3 types of raids. ALL OUT RAID (10 turns per) looking for both RESOURCE AND UNTRAINED, RESOURCE RAID (5 turns per) for resource planets, and PLANET RAID (1 turn per) for untrained planets with all having a max of 100 turns for all out raiding bliss. (with AOR in multiple of 10, RR in multiple of 5, and PR in mutiple of 1) Also the AOR would be 3 times as costly for raiders PR and th RR would be 2 times as costly.

I kinda like this idea, maybe with a few alternatives...honestly, I think raiding in ascension should be exactly the same as in main. Raids only take undeveloped units, and you cannot raid those who are too far weaker than yourself. Add in the rank limits in ascension, and that also means that newer players can not score a ridiculously good raid on a normally powerful player who has just been through a war (no vultering, at least not by newbs anyway). It would also mean that inactive accounts won't be continually rising up the ranks, simply by slowly producing an unending amount of undeveloped worlds, despite no one even playing it, because newer players would farm on the inactives, thereby keeping the inactive accounts low on the rankings.

Equally as honest, I'm glad that the ability to raid away resource planets was removed before I ascended...when a newer player is being picked on by larger bullies on main, the ability to stash away all your units as miners is a lifesaving refuge, and often a weaker player's only saving grace. If a really strong player could raid away any of your worlds, no matter where you have them, then yes...all that would do, is allow the stronger players to get even stronger, and continually keep the weaker players weak.

I think eragorn is on the right track, but an increase in costliness for resource raids would do very little (if anything) to stop the Big Brothers from just doing the same they did before, and keep everyone below them where they are, by raiding them into oblivion.
Raiding should be returned, but with some kind of safeguards built in, like on main.

On the flipside, it was kinda nice to get a good start by puting almost all my AP into Charisma...I had a rather whopping first ascension too, so I'm not doing too bad... (1 million growth/day, only a week after ascending for the first time...)
Travis9x wrote:Do not ever think you are safe from being massed...random massings happen all the time around here. The best policy is a constant state of paranoia.
ImageImageImageImageImage
12agnar0k
Forum Addict

OMG NUB< THIS WAS POSTED A YEAR AGO>
Travis9x
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: Honorus Bellatoris
Race: Ancient / Ajna

12agnar0k wrote:OMG NUB< THIS WAS POSTED A YEAR AGO>

So? Is there some arbitrary limit to how long something can be discussed? My opinion about raiding in ascension is not affected by how long ago raiding was removed.
And yes, I ascended only recently...and again, why does it matter? Personally, I would consider your all-caps post to be more annoying than someone reviving an old thread.
Travis9x wrote:Do not ever think you are safe from being massed...random massings happen all the time around here. The best policy is a constant state of paranoia.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Necromancing is a punishable offense in many realms, in some its punishable by death :lol:

Naa really, I'm glad you actually found a topic, means you actually looked instead of just creating a new one like so many more do LOL

As for Raiding, only Admin knows. Before your time raiding completely crippled ascended, well that and a few other things like a massive lack of intrest in the server, from both players and admin.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.

Return to “Discussion on Released Enhancements”