Appealing a warning that was wrongly given.

Ombudsman Case Archives
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God
ID: 0

Re: Appealing a warning that was wrongly given.

take it to the admins?

And be ignored on msn, get a half assed attempt via Pm and waste more time?

There are no rules pertaining to the warning. [-X
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
Hitchkok
Forum Intermediate

zeekomkommer wrote:the warning happend for you being a mod using your mod powers. a fellow mod warned you for it so that means it is a moderator-moderator dispute.

these disputes are terretory of the administrators and not the ombudsman.

also semper your last reply was not needed ...

so mods aren't eligible to turn to the omboudsman?

besides:
Semper wrote:take it to the admins?

And be ignored on msn, get a half assed attempt via Pm and waste more time?

There are no rules pertaining to the warning. [-X

he's right, you know.
he didn't break any rules, the warning and the ban were uncalled for and were exceeding authority by deni.
if any body should be chasing admins on this matter it's deni, definietly not semper.
there is no useless knowledge, there is only knowledge we don't know how to use
math is the art of stating the obvious
click the banner.
yay, i have bragging rights
teal'c wrote:Jesus maybe Hitch should be ombudsman he seems to be the only one with brains around here
GhostyGoo wrote:Capitalism is responsible for the death of humanity through a complete and utter destruction of ethical conduct, you DO know this, right?
Thanks to capitalism, when your doctor tells you you require a kidney transplant to survive, you no longer can be certain if you actually need a kidney transplant or your doctor simply needs a new speedboat. Nice.

-Goo
zeekomkommer
Forum Addict
Alliance: sigma leader
Race: systemlord
ID: 70578

mods can turn to the ombudsman if they got a warning for a user action. in the past several mods have tryed to apeal mod-mod issues with the ombudsman. each time i took on the case i got scolded in the mod section by all mods about overstepping my juristiction.

then it was descided that mod-mod issues are only handled by forum administrators.

i don't feel like getting another: the ombudsman is expanding his powers again speech...
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God

zeekomkommer wrote:mods can turn to the ombudsman if they got a warning for a user action. in the past several mods have tryed to apeal mod-mod issues with the ombudsman. each time i took on the case i got scolded in the mod section by all mods about overstepping my juristiction.

then it was descided that mod-mod issues are only handled by forum administrators.

i don't feel like getting another: the ombudsman is expanding his powers again speech...

You were not so cavalier in regards to forum team related stuff when I removed a thread that could have damaged them, you slapped a warning on me so fast I nearly didn't catch who did it.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
Hitchkok
Forum Intermediate

zeekomkommer wrote:mods can turn to the ombudsman if they got a warning for a user action. in the past several mods have tryed to apeal mod-mod issues with the ombudsman. each time i took on the case i got scolded in the mod section by all mods about overstepping my juristiction.

expanding his powers?
now, correct me if i'm wrong, but the omboudsman has no powers (except for modding in his own section)
what you actually say is that i as a user can discuss those issues and make my recommendation (theres nothing stopping me from PMing admins), but you as an omboudsman cannot?
there is no useless knowledge, there is only knowledge we don't know how to use
math is the art of stating the obvious
click the banner.
yay, i have bragging rights
teal'c wrote:Jesus maybe Hitch should be ombudsman he seems to be the only one with brains around here
GhostyGoo wrote:Capitalism is responsible for the death of humanity through a complete and utter destruction of ethical conduct, you DO know this, right?
Thanks to capitalism, when your doctor tells you you require a kidney transplant to survive, you no longer can be certain if you actually need a kidney transplant or your doctor simply needs a new speedboat. Nice.

-Goo
Jim
Pony Princess
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Asgard
ID: 45162
Alternate name(s): Bucephalus
Kishin

What we are saying is that the ombudsman was not created for dealing with Mod-Mod issues. Most mods do not appreciate us acting in such a way. However I may give my opinion on this to the admins as Jim not as the ombudsman understudy.
The ombudsman is an official title and therefore we cannot be seen as officially dealing with things we should not. We can still of course advise people in matters as respected community members.
zeekomkommer
Forum Addict

Hitchkok wrote:

expanding his powers?
now, correct me if i'm wrong, but the omboudsman has no powers (except for modding in his own section)
what you actually say is that i as a user can discuss those issues and make my recommendation (theres nothing stopping me from PMing admins), but you as an omboudsman cannot?

you are correct but i was refering what the moderators say when we took one of these cases in the past. we are fully aware that we have no official power except modding in our section.

to phrases it correctly it should be: expanding the boundrys of our purpous
zeekomkommer
Forum Addict

thread closed

Return to “Case Archives”