Spoiler
Prior - Prophet - Messiah - Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG
- AGL - IAG - TAG - PTAG - LTAG - QTAG - KTAG - GAG - TOE - TUS - TUN - TUK
Nigatsu_Aka
Forum Elder

Re: Tour de France

Nitro S wrote:anyone watching??? 8)

Nitro

I do... i saw stage 3 and the finish of stage 4. I want to see stage 16 (Bagnères-de-Luchon to Pau - 2 specials and 2 1st class climbings), ohlala ... that will be one hell of a race... i think the winner will be decided in that stage.
sarparto
Forum Regular
ID: 0

Nigatsu_Aka wrote:

Nitro

I do... i saw stage 3 and the finish of stage 4. I want to see stage 16 (Bagnères-de-Luchon to Pau - 2 specials and 2 1st class climbings), ohlala ... that will be one hell of a race... i think the winner will be decided in that stage.

Thanks for the info on stage 16, was curious when it'd get interesting. I always liked to see a couple crashes, but this year's tour's been nothing but crashes.
Nigatsu_Aka
Forum Elder

sarparto wrote:
Nigatsu_Aka wrote:

Nitro

Thanks for the info on stage 16, was curious when it'd get interesting. I always liked to see a couple crashes, but this year's tour's been nothing but crashes.

Stage 17 and stage 9 are also interesting with finishes in climbing (some 1st class and specials in there). In stage 9 is the special climbing on cole de la Madeleine if i remember correctly and cole D'Aspin i think it's in the same stage (they're always connected in Le Tour).
LegendaryA
Forum Expert
Alliance: Lost Legends
ID: 7889

I saw them once moving not far from where I was and apparently I was even filmed infront of my holidays house, time I go inside helicopter camera was gone, but my parents told me that.
Temp account.
Spoiler
>>Image <<
'Which country are you from?' [Poll]
Spoiler
~~New World Order (Novus Ordo Mundi) is bs. Novus ordo seclorum means "New World of the Ages".~~
Nigatsu_Aka
Forum Elder

Anyone saw Armstrong fell 3 times in stage 8? #-o
sarparto
Forum Regular
ID: 0

Nigatsu_Aka wrote:Anyone saw Armstrong fell 3 times in stage 8? #-o

I think he fell once and got behind two other crashes. The one where he just got off his bike and put his hands on his hips was hilarious. It was the ultimate "Are you **Filtered** SERIOUS RIGHT NOW!?!" gesture.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

I feel sorry for him. Hope Cancellara gets under Riis' car. That would get rid of the biggest spoilsports of the entire Tour.

Things were so much better when riders just rode, instead of endlessly debating how to best keep the peloton within just enough distance to catch any group of escapees.. or just blocking a few select people, and letting the rest get away. It's annoying how there's the consensus that only 3 or 4 riders are important. Contador, Cancellara, Schleck.. no one else really stands a chance, because these guys can cancel a stage with a nod of the head. :)
Nigatsu_Aka
Forum Elder

Juliette wrote:I feel sorry for him. Hope Cancellara gets under Riis' car. That would get rid of the biggest spoilsports of the entire Tour.

Things were so much better when riders just rode, instead of endlessly debating how to best keep the peloton within just enough distance to catch any group of escapees.. or just blocking a few select people, and letting the rest get away. It's annoying how there's the consensus that only 3 or 4 riders are important. Contador, Cancellara, Schleck.. no one else really stands a chance, because these guys can cancel a stage with a nod of the head. :)

I don't feel sorry for Armstrong, i think that he's more in the tour only for advertising and promoting rather than for winning it. It's hard to compete at 39 years old with those of 24-26... heck even at 30 years it's hard to keep up, look at Hushovd for example...

Wiggins was unimportant last year and ended 4th. So I agree, everyone's watching the big guys moves now. I'm guessing that you are pro removing the radio communications. I think that in 2012 they will remove them again.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Nigatsu_Aka wrote:
Juliette wrote:I feel sorry for him. Hope Cancellara gets under Riis' car. That would get rid of the biggest spoilsports of the entire Tour.

I don't feel sorry for Armstrong, i think that he's more in the tour only for advertising and promoting rather than for winning it. It's hard to compete at 39 years old with those of 24-26... heck even at 30 years it's hard to keep up, look at Hushovd for example...

Wiggins was unimportant last year and ended 4th. So I agree, everyone's watching the big guys moves now. I'm guessing that you are pro removing the radio communications. I think that in 2012 they will remove them again.
Ah yes, I do agree with your Armstrong comment. It is quite a lot to expect him to participate at top level, and he is, even when he's falling behind now, still a very impressive aged rider. :)

Hm, I'm usually in favour of technological advances, but I'd rather see it have a different effect on the sport. If it makes it more challenging, it's cool.. but yes, for one Tour, I'd love to see the radio comms removed. Just to see how different -or not- things will be. :)
Nigatsu_Aka
Forum Elder

Juliette wrote:
Nigatsu_Aka wrote:

Ah yes, I do agree with your Armstrong comment. It is quite a lot to expect him to participate at top level, and he is, even when he's falling behind now, still a very impressive aged rider. :)

Hm, I'm usually in favour of technological advances, but I'd rather see it have a different effect on the sport. If it makes it more challenging, it's cool.. but yes, for one Tour, I'd love to see the radio comms removed. Just to see how different -or not- things will be. :)

I enjoyed watching the tours when Virenque or Jalabert were evading like madmans, taking 40mins leads to get the points for the spotted jersey (climbers rankings) and the next day(s) to fell behind like the heroes in the general ranking.

Return to “Sports Section”