~Odin~
Alföðr
Alliance: The Collective
Race: International Pimp
ID: 0

Re: Ombudsman's Feedback

Spam Removed

Turkey and Tetris take it to PM's
If anyone not involved in a case of mine wishes to add their 2cents into anything im working on they are more then welcomed to PM me. I however see no need to "outsiders" to post in cases that do not concern them.

Have a good day everyone
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 145,573,411,725,000 damage
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage
TGW Annual Community Awards 2014/2015
Spoiler
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:
Mordack wrote:Also why does the ombudsman choose to close threads whilst he is allegedly 'thinking' about them?

Heaven forbid other people would have a chance to add something to the debate whilst he sojourns himself Buddhist Monk style to consider the serious issue before him. Does all discussion really have to pause whilst he scratches his head and scrolls through a two page thread?

I don't quite understand why everyone needs to put their big nose into something which doesn't concern them. This isn't a global peer mediation. It's an ombudsman issue involving 3-4 people.

Nonsense. If something is somewhere I can see it, and I'm able to post, then I consider that tantamount to a written invitation to give my opinion. As Fox McCloud said, making a large section of the ombudsman process public was intended to (a) make it more transparent and (b) allow a balanced discussion to take place. If we weren't meant to 'put our big noses' into things, then none of the above apparatus would exist.

But fair enough. I just think it's funny that you really need to lock a thread for a 'time out' when you get what? One case every six months? You must lead a very busy real life indeed.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
~Odin~
Alföðr

Mordack wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:
Mordack wrote:Also why does the ombudsman choose to close threads whilst he is allegedly 'thinking' about them?

Heaven forbid other people would have a chance to add something to the debate whilst he sojourns himself Buddhist Monk style to consider the serious issue before him. Does all discussion really have to pause whilst he scratches his head and scrolls through a two page thread?

I don't quite understand why everyone needs to put their big nose into something which doesn't concern them. This isn't a global peer mediation. It's an ombudsman issue involving 3-4 people.

Nonsense. If something is somewhere I can see it, and I'm able to post, then I consider that tantamount to a written invitation to give my opinion. As Fox McCloud said, making a large section of the ombudsman process public was intended to (a) make it more transparent and (b) allow a balanced discussion to take place. If we weren't meant to 'put our big noses' into things, then none of the above apparatus would exist.

But fair enough. I just think it's funny that you really need to lock a thread for a 'time out' when you get what? One case every six months? You must lead a very busy real life indeed.

The Reason it was locked was because i was waiting to get a hold of the parties involved and they were hard to reach, as i have mentioned before. The reason why it remains locked at this stage is because im awaiting the admins to get back to me in the Ombuds and Admin section. This section is run by me and if i wish to lock threads to stop possible spam and a small forum uprising for a few then i rather do that. Mordack if you wish to continue this please pm me as i feel there is no need to continue discussing this as we have both said our 2cents.
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 145,573,411,725,000 damage
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage
Spoiler
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

I agree with Mordack. The point of the Oms is to be public, taking this discussion to private because it disagrees with you is contrary to that purpose.

I further agree that there was no need nor reason to the lock the aforementioned topic. The reasons you've stated in your last post for locking the thread are contradictory to the reasons you stated earlier, not just in this thread but in the same post!
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
~Odin~
Alföðr

[BoT] Jack wrote:I agree with Mordack. The point of the Oms is to be public, taking this discussion to private because it disagrees with you is contrary to that purpose.

I further agree that there was no need nor reason to the lock the aforementioned topic. The reasons you've stated in your last post for locking the thread are contradictory to the reasons you stated earlier, not just in this thread but in the same post!

If you lot have an issue with me locking threads then take it to the admins, untill then i will lock a thread if need be to stop spamming and posts not needed from outsiders. A judge does not ask the people sitting in the back of the courtroom for their opinions to help solve a case.
Spoiler
[BoT] Jason
Forum History
Alliance: TA
Race: DIEDAYDIEDAY
ID: 13003152
Alternate name(s): Pimp,Slenderman

You think of us as the people in the back of the court room?

We are more the bystanders that saw the crime that requires the courts help

And any point of view if productive will be well appreciated towards your consistancy
Pimping

Feb 06, 06:16 Field Marshall Attack defended 15 88,977,968 0 x,x62,635,278,400 900,114 details

| | Hero of the Year | |

Winner: BMMJ13
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

We are, each of us, witnesses.
Our testimony is to be heard, or the trial be declared invalid.
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

You're not the judge of anything, closer to a grand jury. But even then not that.

The purpose of this section to receive input from the public. Else there'd be no section at all. Probably no Ombudsman either.

You seem to be getting pretty damned defensive here. Can't handle negative feedback?
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
Mordack
The Spider

Honours and Awards

~Odin~ wrote:
[BoT] Jack wrote:I agree with Mordack. The point of the Oms is to be public, taking this discussion to private because it disagrees with you is contrary to that purpose.

If you lot have an issue with me locking threads then take it to the admins, untill then i will lock a thread if need be to stop spamming and posts not needed from outsiders. A judge does not ask the people sitting in the back of the courtroom for their opinions to help solve a case.

What an unbelievably pompous statement. You're not Marie Antoinette, or the Sun King. It was the great unwashed who elected you. Your entire mandate to do what you do comes from them.

If people are spamming a thread, tell them not to. Heck, warn them. You can do that, you know. Hiding behind spammers as a reason to keep threads locked is a paper shield.

(TB)
~Odin~
Alföðr

everyone chill lol, and no, i can take feedback hence why this topic is here. I spoke with solus yesterday and confirmed that if i see fit im allowed to lock threads. In that thread i decided to lock it to stop spam and possible further actions being done, if anyone needed to speak to me or add input all they had to do was PM and a few did. I admit looking back at that i should have re-worded that a little better (its not the first time someone has worded something wrong while they were extremely tired), A fair few of you mods had already posted in the thread i took what was said into account and decided the safest action was to lock the thread to save spam and possible other outbursts in not only my section but other area's of the forum.

I am speaking with the admins at the moment regarding the case as there as some issues that are not easily resolved, i wish to get this closed as soon as possible but refuse to close without being 100% sure on my verdict.

p.s im not hidding behind the spammers, locking the thread just makes this alot easier i only have to hear from pysko, jason and Turkey regarding the matter and trolling through possible spam is just a pain in the rear. Why warn someone when i can easily do what i would be doing any way and lock the thread till im ready to pass on what i had found.

p.s.s i mean no disrespect to you guys/gals at all and appologise if it comes across that way as you all know its impossibile to convey tone via a forum. If any of you have any issues once again you are more then welcome to message via PM or even grab me on msn, i have heard feedback from you all now and will take it into account.
Spoiler
Mordack
The Spider

Honours and Awards

~Odin~ wrote:everyone chill lol, and no, i can take feedback hence why this topic is here. I spoke with solus yesterday and confirmed that if i see fit im allowed to lock threads. In that thread i decided to lock it to stop spam and possible further actions being done, if anyone needed to speak to me or add input all they had to do was PM and a few did. I admit looking back at that i should have re-worded that a little better (its not the first time someone has worded something wrong while they were extremely tired), A fair few of you mods had already posted in the thread i took what was said into account and decided the safest action was to lock the thread to save spam and possible other outbursts in not only my section but other area's of the forum.

Well, of course you're allowed. One of the perks, or perils, of the ombudsman position is that you essentially have free reign. You're allowed, to a certain degree, to shape the office to your own style. Hence why different ombudsmen have had radically different ways of approaching things. I like to compare mine to that of a slightly drunk general playing chess and smoking a pipe at the Battle of Waterloo. If LOCKING EVERYTHING IN SIGHT is your personal style, then of course you're free to pursue it. Feedback is just feedback, and it never really changes everything..

(TB)

Return to “Case Archives”