Question.

Specific to server: "GateWars: New Grounds"
RepliMagni
Forum Addict
Alliance: Loner :P
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1908448

Re: Question.

Eärendil wrote:Newgrounds was started as a new server for 'new' players, so they could catch up faster to the older main players, mostly the $ people, right?

Nope. Newgrounds was started so that people would spend $$$ on SS packages to ascend quickly and gain a legal multi in main ;)
minisaiyan
Forum Addict
Race: DieHard
Alternate name(s): CJL
Hatebreeder
Aesthetics of Hate

basically, kingdom games is a business acting in it's own interests and not that of its free to play customers for the most part.
anyone not playing with $$ is actually the product being sold to ad companies.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Eärendil wrote:Newgrounds was started as a new server for 'new' players, so they could catch up faster to the older main players, mostly the $ people, right?
Yes and no. Newgrounds was started as a server that would allow new players to 'enter Main' at a higher level than usual.
However, over time we decided that (given the number of people who were already playing in Main) it would be better suited as a server that allows you to get a 'taster / support account' in Main.

Taster account, for new players: you can have a good experience of playing Main with an account that works at a rather high level, decent stats etcetera.
Support account, for old players: you can do whatever you want with it, sell/buy/play/win.. etcetera. Absolute freedom. :)
CJL wrote:basically, kingdom games is a business acting in it's own interests and not that of its free to play customers for the most part.
anyone not playing with $$ is actually the product being sold to ad companies.
Ask the people who are considering buying SS nowadays. We just nerfed the profit from that so much that NG is nearly not-profitable. ;) As it should be. SS is a supporting donation, not the purchase of multiple ascension levels.

Sweethearts, trolling is fine. :) However, presenting facts that are just untrue will be laughed at. Someone who has no idea of how NG works, I will answer their posts honestly; but seriously.. NG's SS packages are WAY too small to 'buy' ascensions. It works for a few of the lower levels, of course. Nothing of consequence, though.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

SuperSaiyan wrote:You saw it wasn't attracting new players (who coulda seen that coming right?) and changed the description to save face. Alrighty!
We adapted to the situation as it developed. ;)

As far as new people are concerned, this forum has benefited from a few new players who came in through NG. Your attempt at marginalising them is unwelcoming, and we disapprove.
Eärendil wrote:No need to get snide mrs gamerep.

i was just going off of the game description.

GateWars NEWGROUNDS Game Server LIVE: June 26, 2012!!.
Best server for newer players, or existing players looking for a changeup..
Nothing snide about that, old friend. You asked, I answered. :)
RepliMagni
Forum Addict
Alliance: Loner :P
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1908448

Juliette wrote:Sweethearts, trolling is fine. :) However, presenting facts that are just untrue will be laughed at. Someone who has no idea of how NG works, I will answer their posts honestly; but seriously.. NG's SS packages are WAY too small to 'buy' ascensions. It works for a few of the lower levels, of course. Nothing of consequence, though.

Trolling, trolling, trolling :smt050

Though what has changed/fundamentally incorrect from a post I made in here July 27?

It's quite clever really - the only way to do it realistically quickly is to put in $$$.

ie: put in $20 on a new ascension and get:
Quote:
* Instant 160 Attack Turns
* Instant 1,764 Untrained Soliders
* Instant 33 to Untrained Military Daily Production
* Instant 51,842,925 Naquadah

Those units, with a reasonable tech lvl, give you an instant 3k per turn god particle production, whilst the added UP gives you more uu per raid/MT. Add to that this little beauty:

Quote:
Note: When ascending -every time!-, you benefit for having donated! For EACH dollar donated, each ascension, you get:
*1.5% more 'Bank Space'; 1% more Naq; 1% more attack turns; 1% more Unit Production; 1% more untrained units; a warm fuzzy feeling.

So you put in $20 for five ascensions, and by the sixth you're getting 100% more naq/ATs/UP/UU per ascension - the UP in particular not only giving a good boost to your AS in a few days, but giving definite advantage when raiding.

In short, if you want to do the lvl 13-20 ascensions this side of Christmas, $$$ is the way...something I think the game administration are WELL aware of...

???
JediMasterX
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Jedi
ID: 101050

Although I have only been on this server for 30ish hours now I will say that so far based off of the active people I already know them from main and the new names I see are inactive thus no new players have been gained....just making the strong stronger.
(11:31 PM) Biscuit: I wish it was Jedi that massed me instead of a noob!
Tweety Girl says (11:48 PM)
.. i'm gonna come off vac mode just to mass JediMasterX so i can say "i hit it" .. damn that boy is smokin hot
2,454,890 Untrained ware taken from the realm of Oma Dasala.
{TAF DESCENTIONS}
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Eärendil wrote:Actually. While I was admin, I checked every new account that was registered and then again when posted with. There have been maybe, maybe 5.
Every single one of those is welcome, and not a single one of them deserves your trolling, mister non-player. [-X

JediMasterX wrote:Although I have only been on this server for 30ish hours now I will say that so far based off of the active people I already know them from main and the new names I see are inactive thus no new players have been gained....just making the strong stronger.
Your perception is valued, but there are new players. :) I do hope you come in contact with these new people at some point. Maybe '30 hours' is not enough to encounter everyone..
And even if you never do, does that effect your game experience? Hardly. What are you playing NG for, JMX? :)
JediMasterX
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Jedi
ID: 101050

Juliette wrote:
JediMasterX wrote:Although I have only been on this server for 30ish hours now I will say that so far based off of the active people I already know them from main and the new names I see are inactive thus no new players have been gained....just making the strong stronger.
Your perception is valued, but there are new players. :) I do hope you come in contact with these new people at some point. Maybe '30 hours' is not enough to encounter everyone..
And even if you never do, does that effect your game experience? Hardly. What are you playing NG for, JMX? :)

Well its not for a multi judging that I dont have a main account like some of the other people.
The idea of a legal multi, no mater how legal it is, is lame to me and takes a lot of fun out of the game. This sounds likea faster way to get ti 20+ ascentions and jump into the fray that is Main Server.

Does it affect my game experience? Slightly. Its just main all over again when it comes to activity. The same few people still playing. The overall SGW world still shrinking and dying and not gaining any new people or at least not replacing the ones leaving at the rate theyre leaving.

-JMX
(11:31 PM) Biscuit: I wish it was Jedi that massed me instead of a noob!
Tweety Girl says (11:48 PM)
.. i'm gonna come off vac mode just to mass JediMasterX so i can say "i hit it" .. damn that boy is smokin hot
2,454,890 Untrained ware taken from the realm of Oma Dasala.
{TAF DESCENTIONS}
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

At the request of the author, this is now closed. If you want to open it up, feel free to contact me
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?

I think this is sig worthy in fact.
:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.

Return to “New Grounds General”