mercenary market

What do you want to see in the game? what can be improved? any suggestions welcome here...
donais
Forum Regular
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Dam girl
ID: 4742

mercenary market

So in times of war there just are not enough mercs to go around, and the persons who get them are the quickest computers at the turn change or time the change right. then you are left with stuff like

Attacking Mercenaries 3,000 Naquadah -514
Defending Mercenaries 3,000 Naquadah -4,870,586

awesome

The game has changed 5mil mercs per turn is not enough to go around

so I suggest increasing the amounts of mercs available per turn, maybe raising the price of them, or maybe someone else has some other sort of idea.

A mercenary lottery, but when I just want a few mercs to bolster my defense and attack and cant get them, it kinda sucks

*edit, no one else agrees or disagrees?

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅTS / TÅF
Race: Magnificent
ID: 83588
Alternate name(s): >> Skype: IrishHighlanders <<
Dublin Warrior, Dubby, Dubs, DW, CGG, DCGG2.
Paul, Paulie Boy!, Paulie, PAULIE!!!, PAULIE BOY!!!, Paul James, etc.

Re: mercenary market

indeed.
Years ago I suggested an individual / personal merc market for each player in part to make it fairer for giant and tiny armies to get mercs.
Only thing i ever saw was a reply in a different thread by someone posting a claim that admin jason wanted even less mercs and how we should be grateful for the mercs we got.
I still think my idea rocks... For both the giant and the tiny.
Heisenberg
Forum Expert
Alliance: TDD
ID: 84840
Alternate name(s): The Architect

I kind of agree.

I believe there should be mass amounts of untrained merc, they should be easy to come by, and you do not have the ability to train them. Only the universe knows how to train them.

However trained mercenaries should be hard to come by, they are specially trained and I believe that 250 mil special trained troops are more than enough for one day.

If there are more, the price would drop on the market as supply is greater and are less of a unique trait for a mercenary to have.
harchester
Forum History
Alliance: Ricos Roughnecks

a mercenary in the world is hard to find. so it seems logical that mercenaries on the market are hard to get :-D
Even if you hear a bad story about me, Understand that there was a time I was good to those people to, But they won’t tell you that...
JasonJay
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

Base Merc supply on the previous days killings. Mercs thrive on war, so it makes sense that more arrive when more death happens.

Use a function like [(Previous days kills)/200=Merc rate per turn], with a limit of 5mil a turn min and 50 mil a turn max

edit: Then also tie a daily price where price increases as the merc rate increases. Let's call it danger pay or insurance costs for fighting in war time.
Heisenberg
Forum Expert

JasonJay wrote:Base Merc supply on the previous days killings. Mercs thrive on war, so it makes sense that more arrive when more death happens.

Use a function like [(Previous days kills)/200=Merc rate per turn], with a limit of 5mil a turn min and 50 mil a turn max

edit: Then also tie a daily price where price increases as the merc rate increases. Let's call it danger pay or insurance costs for fighting in war time.
Good idea, however mercs cannot just appear like that in my eye. They are specially trained, and supply should be limited. Supply could be linked to war, however, mercs always want war, weather it is happening today or 5 months from now. They will patiently wait so long as they are paid for.
Master Rahl
Forum Regular
Alliance: KzD
Race: Aydindril
ID: 13355
Alternate name(s): Master Rahl

even when there is not a war going on its very hard to get them. I think the 5m is a old value and it should be updated.
[9:21:11 PM] Les Ennemis: good i like our members happy
What kind of plans would the Master Rahl have? I plan to conquer the world
Spoiler
ImageImage
~Dä Vinci~
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅÅE
Race: I Love Lampey!
ID: 1992329
Alternate name(s): ~Tom~, Andy, Field marshall, ETL, Huxley, rudy, borek, rocky, C2, bruno, harsasnails, robe, R8, couzens, Lord Katsumoto, Da reno, The Queen of england, and a pineapple but only on sundays.
Location: In Side Daku While playing on multis and useing my scripts

i think it should be an amount per acc, stops merc trading aswell.

Matt: I like men, especially when they are bent over in the shower.

Trade Feedback
Duderanch
Internet Hero
Race: Ancient
ID: 58491

^This.
The trade broker reports trade from Surtr to *Teesdale_ of 100,000,000 Naq for 33,000,000,000,000 Naq is complete.

Barbara! says: haha ok you can have a piece of my soul for 50bil naq

Skype= dan_P_@msn.com
Teesdale
[21:06:02] Jake/Tees: does black market work in there?
[21:06:18] robert: nah
[21:06:24] robert: uu go in miners
[21:06:24] Duderanch: Yeah Ben said did but can't untrin miners so no point
[21:06:37] Jake/Tees: sweet, so methlad not be able to fight back :D
[21:06:46] Jake/Tees: EADC
Naq sold in 2017 - 21q
donais
Forum Regular

I agree stop trading, I hate the people who sit there all day and amass mercs to sell in times of war, just let me get my million mercs thats all I want

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Heisenberg
Forum Expert

Or...

Have more mercs, say 10, 15 or 20 mil a turn split into groups of 5 mil each.
Over the period of a turn bids are made to pay for the services of these mercenaries.

Noone sees other player's bids and the one who pays the most gains the services of these 5 mil merc.
These mercs are highly trained and will go to who will pay the most to have them?
donais
Forum Regular

it appears something has been done there were upwards of 23mil of each attacking and defending mercs this past turn change, that appeared in intervals within 2 minutes of the change

something like that

~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Heisenberg
Forum Expert

donais wrote:it appears something has been done there were upwards of 23mil of each attacking and defending mercs this past turn change, that appeared in intervals within 2 minutes of the change

something like that
someone sold
Support
Site Admin
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): Juliette

donais wrote:it appears something has been done there were upwards of 23mil of each attacking and defending mercs this past turn change, that appeared in intervals within 2 minutes of the change

something like that
That must have been someone dumping their mercs. If you caught them, you might have caught a sale mid-flight.
The number has not changed.

There is a limited number of mercenaries in the universe; everyone has to fight to get them.
While we are thinking about slight increases though:
- What could work is that Plague 'deaths' contribute to the total Mercenary number, it wouldn't go up *that* much, but it would increase as army sizes increase.
It could be "5M + Plague Death" as 'new' generation. Last turn that would be a total of 6.5M, so not that much change. Would grow over time though as people reach and pass the Plague cap.
- Alternatively, "5M plus half of the mercenaries that died x turns ago". Would also create an extra dynamic, because if more attack mercs die, more attack mercs re-appear, same with defence. (Or a twist on the paintball dynamic; attackers killed become defenders, and vice versa.)

Making the Mercenary Marketplace personal (a single-player affair) is definitely not going to happen.
There could be a more 'auction'-like acquisition method, for instance, 50M att/def for sale in a daily auction, where instead of just the flat fee and speed (buy at the right time) you would be able to bid on them during the day and claim them later - if you win the auction. Similar to Ascended's Demi auctions.
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅTS / TÅF
Race: Magnificent
ID: 83588
Alternate name(s): >> Skype: IrishHighlanders <<
Dublin Warrior, Dubby, Dubs, DW, CGG, DCGG2.
Paul, Paulie Boy!, Paulie, PAULIE!!!, PAULIE BOY!!!, Paul James, etc.

I see now why a personal merc market / allowance would not work...

people would schedule their ppts / massings / mercenary acquisition around the market reset to build things like giant defenses,

that would be exceedingly difficult to take down without using ultra-expensive all-super armies
and covert/ac levels of 45 and greater.

My suggestion is respectfully withdrawn.

I do like the auction idea...
I'd rather pay extra to the merc market,
and tell the merc hoarders to go jump in the lake. :smt081

Return to “Game Suggestions”