Loss of a legend, Steve Irwin the croc hunter.

Where players can relax and discuss their favorite TV shows a*WARNING* spoilers may abound *WARNING*
Alpha13snake
Forum Irregular
Alliance: V For Victory
Race: Human
ID: 0

Loss of a legend, Steve Irwin the croc hunter.

It is a very sad time for all fans of the Great Steve Irwin.

That crazy dude who devoted his life to the study and preservation of all animals big and small, has died in a tragic accident.

I know this is old news now, but when I looked, I didn't see anything about this, and felt the need to say something.

The world is a far poorer place now that he is gone.

At least he died doing what he loved.

My thoughts are with his family and friends.

I hope that his legacy continues to thrive within his family and friends.

Good bye, Steve Irwin - Crocodile Hunter, I hope you've gone to a better place, I will miss you greatly.

Please place your tributes here.

Please be respectful of the dead. Sad
"Revolution 2011!!!"

The Normalcy Bias

The normalcy bias refers to an extreme mental state people enter when facing a disaster. It causes people to underestimate both the possibility of a disaster occurring and its possible effects. This often results in situations where people fail to adequately prepare for a disaster, and on a larger scale, the failure of the government to include the populace in its disaster preparations. The assumption that is made in the case of the normalcy bias is that since a disaster never has occurred that it never will occur. It also results in the inability of people to cope with a disaster once it occurs. People with a normalcy bias have difficulties reacting to something they have not experienced before. People also tend to interpret warnings in the most optimistic way possible, seizing on any ambiguities to infer a less serious situation.

Are you suffering from normalcy bias?
#?#

There's already half a dozen threads about his death, before making new threads, use the hallowed search button ... ;)
Alpha13snake
Forum Irregular

Full Metal Emma Thurman wrote:There's already half a dozen threads about his death, before making new threads, use the hallowed search button ... ;)

I did and didn't get much of anything really, as per usual.

I don't mind if its locked or moved. :?
"Revolution 2011!!!"

The Normalcy Bias

The normalcy bias refers to an extreme mental state people enter when facing a disaster. It causes people to underestimate both the possibility of a disaster occurring and its possible effects. This often results in situations where people fail to adequately prepare for a disaster, and on a larger scale, the failure of the government to include the populace in its disaster preparations. The assumption that is made in the case of the normalcy bias is that since a disaster never has occurred that it never will occur. It also results in the inability of people to cope with a disaster once it occurs. People with a normalcy bias have difficulties reacting to something they have not experienced before. People also tend to interpret warnings in the most optimistic way possible, seizing on any ambiguities to infer a less serious situation.

Lord Thanatos
Fledgling Forumer

dude, what a fuxed up way for him to go. he wrestles Crocs but he gets killed by a 1inamillion stingray hit. if that stingray had hit him almost anywhere else he would have survived.
Xbox Live tag: LordThanatos117. Play me in Gears of War, LOTR BFMEII, or just chat.
Thanatos God of death
Alpha13snake
Forum Irregular

Lord Thanatos wrote:dude, what a fuxed up way for him to go. he wrestles Crocs but he gets killed by a 1inamillion stingray hit. if that stingray had hit him almost anywhere else he would have survived.

I know, I think that only 4 other people have ever died like that.

It sucks so badly.

His poor kids, they'll lose out on so much now he's gone.

I still can't believe it. :smt010

I watched him today with the big crocs, he was crazy. But still he knew what he was doing.

At least he went doing what he loved. Showing the natural world to us all, and doing it with passion and flare.
"Revolution 2011!!!"

The Normalcy Bias

Return to “The TV room”