A Moment of Silence for 2006.

Forum for all general ingame discussion.
pianomutt20000
Forum Zombie
Race: Tauri
ID: 0

Relentless wrote:
R3B3L wrote:
Relentless wrote:2006 was a good year, apart from Blair and Bush attempting to take on the world, lets hope the consequences of their actions this year dont come and bite us in the ass in 2007, hopefully it will be with much less war and abit more peace and tollerance.

Happy new year all.

Just be greatful Blair is leaving, (he's stepping down from Prime Minister if you didn't know)

We will have to endure the wrath of Gorden Brown this year though :shock:

I knew, but he obviously wouldnt have stepped down if he knew his predassesor wasnt going to continue to do the dirty work. We need a change in political party, conservatives will hopefully get in next year, especially after blair annoyed so many people with the war on iraq and banned fox hunting.

Be glad fox hunting is outlawed, what a nasty practice.

Bill
urban assault wrote: Bill? Hey, I said I was kidding! Bill, don't push that red button!
Sometimes some of the mods will try to step on you, or even mod your section. My advice is to fill a sock with marbles and hit them repeatedly until they stop. - Pianomutt2000.
Relentless

pianomutt20000 wrote:
Relentless wrote:
R3B3L wrote:
Relentless wrote:2006 was a good year, apart from Blair and Bush attempting to take on the world, lets hope the consequences of their actions this year dont come and bite us in the ass in 2007, hopefully it will be with much less war and abit more peace and tollerance.

Happy new year all.

Just be greatful Blair is leaving, (he's stepping down from Prime Minister if you didn't know)

I knew, but he obviously wouldnt have stepped down if he knew his predassesor wasnt going to continue to do the dirty work. We need a change in political party, conservatives will hopefully get in next year, especially after blair annoyed so many people with the war on iraq and banned fox hunting.

Bill

Some would agree with you, but then you cant fully understand why its done as your american and its not done in America (As far as i know, and thats not meant as an insult btw)
R3B3L
Forum Elder
Race: Asgard
ID: 29252

Politics aside, get back on topic Relentless ;)
pianomutt20000
Forum Zombie

Relentless wrote:
pianomutt20000 wrote:
Relentless wrote:
R3B3L wrote:

Happy new year all.

Bill

Some would agree with you, but then you cant fully understand why its done as your american and its not done in America (As far as i know, and thats not meant as an insult btw)

Why is it done then? The murder of innocent animals, in a very cruel way.

justify it all you want, If i tortured puppies and called it a sport. I would rightfully be hung from a tree.

Bill
urban assault wrote: Bill? Hey, I said I was kidding! Bill, don't push that red button!
Sometimes some of the mods will try to step on you, or even mod your section. My advice is to fill a sock with marbles and hit them repeatedly until they stop. - Pianomutt2000.
Just4laughs
Fledgling Forumer

Bill, it's meant to be pest control, the animals that are hunted often fed on the livestock (foxes on chickens etc.) and so they would kill the foxes or chase them away. Also, it is a tradition, like bull rings in spain.

edit, just fyi, i don't agree with it, merely stating one or two reasons that are commonly used to justify it.
Relentless

pianomutt20000 wrote:
Relentless wrote:
pianomutt20000 wrote:
Relentless wrote:
R3B3L wrote:

Happy new year all.

Bill

Why is it done then? The murder of innocent animals, in a very cruel way.

justify it all you want, If i tortured puppies and called it a sport. I would rightfully be hung from a tree.

Bill

Then justify a fox slaughtering over 1-100 chickens for fun, they dont eat the chickens, they kill them, and play with them by ripping them apart, and running around with them. Is it cruel to murder a killer, or let a killer slaughter innocents for fun?

I dont agree with it either, but if it became between me killing foxes, to ensure my livestock lives so i make profit, i would beat a fox with my bare hands.

Anyway, sorry for the spam, back on topic for me :P
pianomutt20000
Forum Zombie

just4laughs wrote:Bill, it's meant to be pest control, the animals that are hunted often fed on the livestock (foxes on chickens etc.) and so they would kill the foxes or chase them away. Also, it is a tradition, like bull rings in spain.

edit, just fyi, i don't agree with it, merely stating one or two reasons that are commonly used to justify it.

If you have a problem with foxes, kill them. But the manner that a traditional fox hunt is carried out is both cruel and inhumane.

Frankly, if i toutured a puppy to death i would be a monster.

If a dog is suffering, and i put it down. I would not be.

With modern methods, there is no reason to be so cruel.

Bill
Don Lewis
Forum Regular
ID: 57273

My moment of silence goes to the incompetence of our 'developed' countries, even at home in the UK our government is failing to even provide a basic health service let alone screwing up other peoples countries such as iraq etc.

Hopefully this year will give all of us the chance to help out the little guys that suffer from poverty and basic lack of sanitation.

Lets not only look at loss, but how we can prevent such loss in the future.

Return to “StarGateWars General”