asgard vs. ancients tech

Where players can relax and discuss their favorite TV shows a*WARNING* spoilers may abound *WARNING*

are the asgard stonger thant the ancients before there fall

yes
17%
no
25%
hell no
51%
same level
7%

Total votes: 72
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

PSICOLIX wrote:Let me make simple,
Replicator beat Asgard, Ancient Beat Replicator
Ancient Match Ori, 3 Ori ships r destrying every thing on MK

what do you mean by MK?

and the main reason the ancients beat replicators, is that the replicators were an ancient creation...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Rokas
Forum Newbie

MK = Milky Way

Either way, Ancients would have no trouble beating those Ori ships with their drones, while Asgard can do no **Filtered** about it.
Drones vs Ori we will probably see in last episodes/movies of SG-1, but I believe drones will end before killing all Ori ships.

As for the hyperdrive, I am just stating facts from the show - Asgard has much better hyperdrive technology. But again, Ancients never needed to travel intergalactic ranges every day. If they needed, they would probably have created something even better. Just because they were a hell smarter than Asgard. And that is because they were a hell older race. Or it could be just that Naquadah(Ancients technology was also based on it as far as I know) isn't the right thing. Thor mentioned some other resource on which all of Asgard technologies are created.
Inferno™
Suspended
ID: 0

Yeh I agree, I doubt they ever did make a HyperDrive. Although Ancients don't use naquadah, they use ZPM's. The Asgard use Neutrino/Neutronium to power their ships.

The bad thing I noticed about the ancients though, their ZPM's run out. A Naquadah generator cant run out, simply because its a generator lol, ZPM's are like a battery once you use them up they are done for. Although Orion seemed to be using some kind of power source to use those awesome shields, it wasn't a Naquadah generator.
Rokas
Forum Newbie

Generators are usually using some fuel to generate power. So I believe constant refills of naquadah is required for naquadah generators.

As for Ancient technology based on naquadah, I meant that it is used on pretty much every advanced technology of Ancients.
Asgard is using some other resource, name starting with T as far as I remember. It was mentioned in one of (later) episodes about Asgard homeworlds being attacked by replicators.
Tollans used another resource for their technology as well, although can't remember it either(mentioned in episode when Tollans agreed to give those Ion cannons to Tau'ri)
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Reitha

Honours and Awards

while generators dont run out the same way ZPMs do, they have much lower yield... in atlantis they have to use something like 5 or 6 of them to power it, and those do not produce even what 1 ZPM does... most likely there is an very easy way to produce ZPMs, but that it wont be revealed/discovered yet... had they been hard to make, the ancients would have developed an easier source... but they havent, so most likely there is an easy method for making them...

the material you talk about the tollans using is trinium... but the asgard main material is neutronium, and it is the same material that human-form replicators are made from...

one other reason the ancients never made super-hyperdrives, is that they too most likely could make supergates... so even if they had needed to travel inter-galactically they could have made such things...

the ancients also have two classes of hyperdrives... the standard, which is ok for intra-galactic travel, and the inter-galactic one... which is much more powerful... and rarer... they also have the stardrives, which are most likely the most advanced/powerful engines in existence...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Rokas
Forum Newbie

most likely there is an very easy way to produce ZPMs, but that it wont be revealed/discovered yet

Replicators state they have thousands of ZPMs available and make new ones on need, so it must be something not so hard to do.
GAT-X207
Forum Expert
ID: 0

yes but im sure asurans wont be trading their ZPMs for a very long time. unless the planet is sucessfully swept over by a anti repli satelite leaving atlantis free pasage to locate their numerous ZPMs and maybe even take the 2nd city ship (if they rebuilt it, which is likely)
who needs submarines anyway, those little black boats just keep sinking under the water anyway.
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Reitha

Honours and Awards

or perhaps they could sneak up with a ship and "borrow" some ZPMs with the asgard beaming tech?

should be possible... especially if they get hermiodd or some other asgard to aim the beam...

Return to “The TV room”