dragonlance,wot,sot,dragoncrowncycle, etc etc etc etc

The Community's new book club where you can recommend and discuss your favourite novels to keep one busy during those boring hours of waiting to bank.
Virisken Soshir
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0

dragonlance,wot,sot,dragoncrowncycle, etc etc etc etc

all of these are killer series.

dragonlance has about 160 books out from various authors over the years.

Wheel of time is about to get the final book #13 a memory of light in some couple months andis just fantastic, as is Sword of truth by terry goodkind
, also an epic megafantasy at book er lemme think goin on book 10 now phantom.

dragoncrown cycle by michael a stackpole is also a very good 4 book read .

er lets see a song of ice and fire by george rr martin. thats all i can think of atm, late

oh duh, the age of discovery trilogy by michael stackpole 2nd book is coming in the cheap paperback today :D, book1 a secret atlas book 2 cartomancy.

very awesome series so far ^^^^^
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
The Xeno
n00b prophet

To be bluntly honest, I don't understand why the Wheel of Time is so popular. However, though I don't understand it, nevertheless I read it avidly and must say I enjoy the series.

DragonLance, I was also surprised with. I was figuring on generic fantasy, (and indeed it is) however, the character of Raistlin (among others) sold it to me when I read the firs three. I have yet to venture further however.

oh duh, the age of discovery trilogy by michael stackpole

Go stackpole, those fans of FASA's Battletech will doubtless remember the name. I do, and have been considering buying the first book of the discovery series... but alack, I have not read as of yet.
hangten1
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 42012

Re: dragonlance,wot,sot,dragoncrowncycle, etc etc etc etc

Moraven Tolo wrote:dragonlance has about 160 books out from various authors over the years.
c megafantasy at book er lemme think goin on book 10 now phantom.

i like :-)
Finarfin
Forum Regular
Alliance: Deathwing
Race: Tollan
ID: 40002

AMoL is coming soon? Thats strange. Haven't seen jumps for joy on the Dragonmount forums yet...
barakek
Fledgling Forumer

ahhhhh the wheel of time :)

now i dont do hard drugs anymore this is my crack lol its an incredible series with charictars that leap from the pages strate into your heart :)

a world so incredibly detailed and well put together you feel its authenticity leaking from the pages

and unusaly for a male fantasy auther incredibly realistic and authentic female charictars with flaws and streangths in perfect balance

truly a buetifull series

dragonlance was whare i cut my teeth as i played VAST amounts of AD&D when i was in my teens so it was a natural chioce and they still bring back memories but the very best AD&D books were the forgotten realms sagas firstly ANY of the drizt do'urdon books but also the azure blue series with the saurian paladin lol he rocks :)
if you immeadiatly know that candlelight is fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago

my trade feedback thread
http://www.stargatewars.com/phpBB2/view ... highlight=
hellvsheaven
Forum Newbie

hmm...never heard of the series lol....oh well..

Return to “The Book Club”