poor quality modding

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
ramen07
Forum Expert
Alliance: Forgotten Prospects
Race: Paisano
ID: 0

Re: poor quality modding

Prince_of_Darkness wrote:like if i needed to push it... i just need to push and wait jack to warn me... happened twice and im sure will happen any time soon... still some words i dont know the real meaning, example just a few days ago i found out that noob is an insulting term, still when i asked around a year ago the exaplainin i got was different to the real meaning. And the one who explained didnt have a bad intention, just didnt know the meaning aswell... so its not really that easy. Also i think that if we have a list of not accepted words it should be public so people can request others to be added or to be taken out cause of mistakenly added. wouldnt hurt much im sure to let us learn about that secret section of u :-D

(sorry im not a mod but i feel i gotta say something)

if people respected each other and didnt blow their lids at each other because "i obliterated your sorry MS" we wouldnt need a word filter. you dont need to swear to be angry nor to get your point across.
Jack wrote:That's the General folk for ya, always serious with a stick shoved up their ass
General Riviera wrote:You should stop being a spoon, read the forum rules and abide by the them. At least if you choose not to, learn how to break the rules in style.
Mr Nice Guy
Forum Expert

Also if english is not your first language u could confuse a lot of terms. Thats why also there is a big need to understand this. :lol:
ramen07
Forum Expert

Prince_of_Darkness wrote:Also if english is not your first language u could confuse a lot of terms. Thats why also there is a big need to understand this. :lol:

english is the preferred language of this board. im sorry, but if you are going to use this board, i would learn what english swear words are and not use them.
Jack wrote:That's the General folk for ya, always serious with a stick shoved up their ass
General Riviera wrote:You should stop being a spoon, read the forum rules and abide by the them. At least if you choose not to, learn how to break the rules in style.
Mr Nice Guy
Forum Expert

is not preffered, is most used as is the one is official... i think there is a rule about using only english is allowed... so dont say that. :lol:
ramen07
Forum Expert

Prince_of_Darkness wrote:is not preffered, is most used as is the one is official... i think there is a rule about using only english is allowed... so dont say that. :lol:

preferred, official, same in my eyes- i meant official :D
Mr Nice Guy
Forum Expert

Its not the same. Its imposition to us. Many here would like to be able to use other languages but for mods it would be impossible to do their jobs. It does not mean it preffered. At your eyes might be the same, but it doesnt mean it is the right one. Think a lil bit more in next post. :-D
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

English is the official language here on these boards. If the word shows up filtered then don't use it. Common sense isn't so common anymore. Why is it that out of 45K registered accounts its only a handful who get nailed for language/vulgarity breeches, and its always the same excuse, "Well I didn't know".

I'm sorry but certain things, and certain insults transcend all nationality, customs, and traditions. Things like calling someone a "boy lover" and then trying to say that where they are from it is normal for men to "Love" there children, and offering that as an explination. Its sickining. But yet a few always choose to push the envelope and test the rules, and cry foul when punished for it.

Meh, glad I have better things to do.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Mr Nice Guy
Forum Expert

U backep my point and made no sense in the other part. Its the official not the wanted the most. Thanks for that. About insults, there is a racional line and obvious understand. Still there are many things here that aint taken as insults and ive learned a lot about it into msn convos and try not to use them. Still there are so many words not filtered and i dont know if allowed or not. But well i guess if i use them and not filtered its ok , but its not so im banned huu... nice politics :-D
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

if you suspect a word is not allowed, dont use it... not all forbidden words are filtered...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Prince_of_Darkness wrote:U backep my point and made no sense in the other part. Its the official not the wanted the most. Thanks for that. About insults, there is a racional line and obvious understand. Still there are many things here that aint taken as insults and ive learned a lot about it into msn convos and try not to use them. Still there are so many words not filtered and i dont know if allowed or not. But well i guess if i use them and not filtered its ok , but its not so im banned huu... nice politics :-D

You have no grasp of context?
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Reason, youll get dead.
Mr Nice Guy
Forum Expert

no idea what grasp means so cant answer...
If i find words out of the filter... can i report to someone ?
** waits and after getting the answer sends a lists with many words** :lol:
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Prince_of_Darkness wrote:no idea what grasp means so cant answer...

I don't understand your question. If you want words added to the filter then by all means produce them in the OMGWTHMAN section and they will be looked at. I have acted in the filter recently, would gladly do so again.
Reason, youll get dead.
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

if you find the words unfit to post at all, then you can most likely also send them to him/admins in PM...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Mr Nice Guy
Forum Expert

Lore wrote:

I don't understand your question. If you want words added to the filter then by all means produce them in the OMGWTHMAN section and they will be looked at. I have acted in the filter recently, would gladly do so again.

u just want my pms u miss them... thats all

ha ah ha
anyway ok ill send but i still think we should have access to the list of words... :?
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Prince_of_Darkness wrote:
Lore wrote:

u just want my pms u miss them... thats all

ha ah ha
anyway ok ill send but i still think we should have access to the list of words... :?

ill list them, but they will all look like this

**Filtered**
Reason, youll get dead.

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”