Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Re: AT solution: old concept, new specifics

Colton wrote:
Lore wrote:As for the home planet AT production Idea, why not make it a rolling cost? The more per turn you invest the more AT you produce?

Care to explain a bit more on that? :)

Not here, I dont want to hijack this thread, as it is a good and valid Idea if proper limitations are used. Unlike with the other planets.

PM sent
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Colton
Forum Elder
Alliance: ~Leaf Village~
Race: Canadian
ID: 1938534

Lore wrote:
Colton wrote:
Lore wrote:As for the home planet AT production Idea, why not make it a rolling cost? The more per turn you invest the more AT you produce?

Care to explain a bit more on that? :)

Not here, I dont want to hijack this thread, as it is a good and valid Idea if proper limitations are used. Unlike with the other planets.

PM sent

I was a bit confused, thanks for explaining :-D
Sarevok
Forum Addict
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 0

I know there's lots of inactives out there, however, once the AT are gone, as Wepwaet said at the start, it would take 26 days for those account to refill the AT they have. Once the initial price drop, and when all the AT are gone, then it'll be more viable i think. Perhaps strip the account which are inactive for more then 2months(excluding vacation) down to just 1kAT to start with?

Though, Colton, like you, i have no idea what rolling costs mean(unless it mean spending to create at, like a personal market). Can i get a PM too Lore? :D
Colton
Forum Elder
Alliance: ~Leaf Village~
Race: Canadian
ID: 1938534

Basically, I believe it means that it would be somewhat like the realm alert status, in which you can set an amount of your income to be put into AT generation :wink:
Sarevok
Forum Addict

ooooo, nice :) (hopes for no upper limit :lol: )
Caprila
Grand Master of the Inquisition
Race: Immortal

I dislike having your home world produce extra turns. For one it isn't takeable, and is thus a permanent increase, no risk and too much too gain.

Having the addtional AT's from planets be Personal AT, could indeed be an interesting idea. Prevents a lot of exploitation uses, if you can't get the extra AT outside the account.

On another thought though.. have you considered how this might affect Perg?

“Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
[BoT] Jason
Forum History
Alliance: TA
Race: DIEDAYDIEDAY
ID: 13003152
Alternate name(s): Pimp,Slenderman

Caprila wrote:On another thought though.. have you considered how this might affect Perg?

Planets get vacationed and made useless till you leave perg??
Pimping

Feb 06, 06:16 Field Marshall Attack defended 15 88,977,968 0 x,x62,635,278,400 900,114 details

| | Hero of the Year | |

Winner: BMMJ13
Desert Ghost
Forum Regular
Alliance: Delta
Race: Terran
ID: 1905267

hmmmm, BUT EXCLUDE - the turns from bieng traded, non transfarable turns.
it will reduce and evem kind of kill the ATs market.
about a planet tat cant be conqured?? no way...
but, if it was a system based kind of boost like MS techs that was added like , max - 20ats generate per turn, it could be good, and still with limit!
DG
Sarevok
Forum Addict

It isn't conquerable because it was suggested to be your home world (which can't be conquered)
Sarevok
Forum Addict

It would only be for your account, non-transferable. Yes, they'll generate more, but so will everyone else, and they can't be transferred to give massers MORE AT then they generate themselves, except for trades with the market
Sarevok
Forum Addict

yes, but going from 192/day to 960/day isn't a huge increase, when their wasting 100's of billions on massing anyway
Desert Ghost
Forum Regular
Alliance: Delta
Race: Terran
ID: 1905267

how about changing the market , and update it to these days?
Current Exchange rates:
5,120,000,000 Naquadah for 128 Turns for 6,000 MineSlave/Lifers

i mean, comeon, thats not updated.
even the deal of 3MTs for turns isnt.
but if theu would raised the bar for more ATS, but More to give, it will be just fine i think, and it will blance the game, since its only limited to max 3 times a week etc.
what about that?
DG
Sarevok
Forum Addict

Market used to be reset, but it would always drop so quickly, if you weren't there for the reset, you got the same rates (or close to) anyway
Tekki
Forum Addict

It's all very well talking about what changing AT generation will do for established accounts but equally what it does for beginning accounts needs to be considered. Someone made a very valid point earlier, how does a beginner account, say 3million unascended get started these days without spending money?

Off hand, I'd say they have a slow time, REALLY slow, which may in turn make them look around for a different, faster game.

At the moment it's still possible for them to -barely- I would say afford the cost of 400b per k Ats but that can't and won't last forever and when they just give up the ghost, then there is an ever decreasing pool of players making the game more and more boring.

So I think more consideration to those little guys should be there which is something I personally hate suggesting but in this case I think it's reasonable.

On a big account not much will stop them - ever. And if you stop and think about it, it's MEANT to be that way. A big account IS able to do what they want when they want, that's the entire point of being 'big' so that you aren't limited by resources either naq, ATs or UU.

Perhaps then an AT planet should only be available for accounts under X size with the ATs being only for personal useage. Or equally if planets are going to be an issue, AT generation for accounts under X size should be increased for personal use. That gives the little guys a fighting chance to get started without needing to look for a sugar mummy or daddy to help them at every turn, 'cos not everyone is going to be able to find them, or afford them.
Spoiler
Initial masser on Field Marshal's 120t defence and on Rodwolf's 177t defence.

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 178,947,245,996,720 damage on Tekki's forces!

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage on Tekki's forces!
Jedi~Tank wrote:@ADMINS- ALL ADMINS, this is the absolute worst game forum I have ever seen (this sentiment is shared by many) It is amazing how ya;ll can go from good job to complete garbage in no time at all.

Jedi~Tank
A sentiment I can agree with, except some of them have never done a good job. For further details, PM me INGAME Id 9095.
---
Spoiler
Image Image
Image Image
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

Just preset it to a fixed number per MT say 300-500 and leave it at that, then rates for AT's will slowly start to come down and stabilize, because right now its completely out of control.
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"

Return to “Suggestions Archive”