Unwarranted banning

Ombudsman Case Archives
Q Man
blarney stone
ID: 0

Re: Unwarranted banning

Reschef wrote:as the topic is unlocked now I'll post this here thinking it is on topic (sent it as PM but this way others can post their opinion too):

Earendil wrote:rather quick to ban or unban ](*,)

Yes, I (at least) am quick to ban someone when they reach their 3rd/6th...etc.. warning. so your point?

I was refering to cases like the banning of GunZ.
If people actually break rules then they deserve a banning (everyone should be granted a 2nd chance though, I don't think you disagree on that one with me ... and yes that means Clarkey deserves one too ;) ).
Anyway, I don't have acces to the internal mod section of the forum or to MSN / IRC / whatever convos between mods so I was just telling about what I've been reading lately and came to the conclusion that some more team-descisions maybe would have led to better results.

- Reschef

everyone does deserve a second chance, we actually give them 3 chances, so if they get banned, then its deserved. i know clarkey was banned and i do believe that we, as a community, deserve a reason to know why he was unbanned in the first place. I know jason owns these forums, and i'm not one to test him but i do believe the other admins have a better understanding of whats happening on these forums and even the mods deserve to have an input on whats happening for exceptional cases like these.
I grew up on the street. No, not the hood, the Sesame Street.
[/size]
ImageImage
admin wrote:[23:50] * ~adminHere loves Q_Man
Clarkey Reborn
Forum Newbie

Maddog wrote:
Reschef wrote:as the topic is unlocked now I'll post this here thinking it is on topic (sent it as PM but this way others can post their opinion too):

Earendil wrote:rather quick to ban or unban ](*,)

Yes, I (at least) am quick to ban someone when they reach their 3rd/6th...etc.. warning. so your point?

I was refering to cases like the banning of GunZ.
If people actually break rules then they deserve a banning (everyone should be granted a 2nd chance though, I don't think you disagree on that one with me ... and yes that means Clarkey deserves one too ;) ).
Anyway, I don't have acces to the internal mod section of the forum or to MSN / IRC / whatever convos between mods so I was just telling about what I've been reading lately and came to the conclusion that some more team-descisions maybe would have led to better results.

- Reschef

everyone does deserve a second chance, we actually give them 3 chances, so if they get banned, then its deserved. i know clarkey was banned and i do believe that we, as a community, deserve a reason to know why he was unbanned in the first place. I know jason owns these forums, and i'm not one to test him but i do believe the other admins have a better understanding of whats happening on these forums and even the mods deserve to have an input on whats happening for exceptional cases like these.

And it should be down to the administration to inform the mods what is happening. I understand that the mods were aware of what was happening, but i could be wrong. Still just because admins may not have told the mods what was going on that does not mean the mods can do what they want and ban me again.
Forum Admin : GateWars BattleCorp - Join Now!
odji nsu
Forum Expert

i agree that admins and owner should give there reasons but the fact still stands they out power the others and there decision is and should be the final one even if no one likes it or agrees with it just for the simple fact they own and control it,

everything i own i do as i want with, as is the right of the owners of this forum and game,

And in my opinion the reason gaven to him dont let the door hit you on your way out , well that is just another good example of this forums BS from mods,

Being a mod, I as well as many others expect you to be above such trifling bull,
Clarkey Reborn
Forum Newbie

Earendil wrote:So Odji, if what you say is true.

Clarkey WAS an admin when he Deleted three user accounts along with the Temple and another section, so he should of been far beyond just us little mods do right? :roll:

@ Clarkey, No we didn't, but you havn't been around in a while so You wouldn't know really. For all we knew with the forums acting up you were unbanned by an error

an error, what bull.

The GM knew exactly what was going on and they knew exactly what they were doing when they banned me again.
Forum Admin : GateWars BattleCorp - Join Now!
Q Man
blarney stone

i do believe to come back, first you must leave......

but seriously, i still find the ban a valid one.
I grew up on the street. No, not the hood, the Sesame Street.
[/size]
ImageImage
admin wrote:[23:50] * ~adminHere loves Q_Man
odji nsu
Forum Expert

Earendil wrote:So Odji, if what you say is true.

Clarkey WAS an admin when he Deleted three user accounts along with the Temple and another section, so he should of been far beyond just us little mods do right? :roll:

@ Clarkey, No we didn't, but you havn't been around in a while so You wouldn't know really. For all we knew with the forums acting up you were unbanned by an error

earendil I never said or psoted anyplace in this that what clarkey did to get into all this stuff in the first place was right or just or even to my standards, Im sure that he felt he had good reasons for going berserk on everything,

What i did however say is that he was unbanned by admin and or jason which takes it out of your or who ever banned him's hands and they didnt have the right to undo what owners decided, even if they did it just cause they wanted to, or maybe they thought it what he did was funny or even better a just response to what ever situation brought all this bs on in the first place
BMMJ13
Lord of Winterfell
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 89633

Honours and Awards

You see I have a little story. There once was a man named Bob. Bob was a police officer for 20 years. Over those 20 years bob arrested many bad guys and had them locked up. One day bob finds out his wife is cheating on him with Jim. Bob goes and finds Jim, kills him in his apartment, kills Jim's dog, kills another person Jim doesn't even know, then Bob sets Jim's apartment building on fire.

Obviously another cop showed up on the scene and arrests Bob for murder and places him in jail. Bob is friendly with a Judge so he has him look at his case, the Judge decides that he wants Bob to be freed, a trial doesn't even occur. Seeing Bob on the street again, another Cop arrests him and places him in jail again.

Bob is upset about this as he was going to retire from the force anyway, but now this Jim incident is ruining his bad name. He says that the judge has provided him with a way out of Jail, however the other members of the force do not think he should be allowed out. If any other normal citizen had done what Bob had done they would be locked up for the rest of their lives. What makes Bob any different?
Last edited by BMMJ13 on Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 18, 14:52 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 104,724,369 details
Spoiler
ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

Byrnes
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Åncientcouncilmember
ID: 1943734

I think if a Mod banns someone its gonna be for a reason why would they risk losing there job?

Jedi~Tank wrote:So who was whining about the alliance repair and got it changed?
Im in josh's rant,Ra tells of how he admires me,Harch loves me, and Jack says im an idiot
~Josh~ Dead and Gone wrote:
Second, piss ants who kiss ass to get on peoples good sides. I remember one in particular, Byrnes. Now, no offence to you, but your nose is so brown I cant even make fun of you without feeling bad. Its a game, man up and dont be a puss.
Ra wrote: Truth be told.. I'm just nervous to be in the same thread as the legendary Byrnes. He just makes me quake in my boots, I wouldn't dare hit him back.
harchester wrote: Ra seriously, who are you, byrnes may suck in most peoples eyes but seriously..u think ur a big shot for wearing the Omega tag ?....your nothing kid....instead of yapping on forums mass byrnes ingame ?

Byrnes >>>> Ra anyday of the week
Dr. House wrote: Ya know, Byrnes, you used to be a good kid. Now however, you're just an obnoxious little idiot that tries to act tougher than he really is. That makes you weak and pathetic. :smt011

Image Image
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

~BYRNES~ wrote:I think if a Mod banns someone its gonna be for a reason why would they risk losing there job?

Well Byrnes, it really doesn't matter anymore. You now risk losing your job even if the person you banned deserved an even harsher punishment. :razz:
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
odji nsu
Forum Expert

BMMJ13 wrote:You see I have a little story. There once was a man named Bob. Bob was a police officer for 20 years. Over those 20 years bob arrested many bad guys and had them locked up. One day bob finds out his wife is cheating on him with Jim. Bob goes and finds Jim, kills him in his apartment, kills Jim's dog, kills another person Jim doesn't even know, then Bob sets Jim's apartment building on fire.

Obviously another cop showed up on the scene and arrests Bob for murder and places him in jail. Bob is friendly with a Judge so he has him look at his case, the Judge decides that he wants Bob to be freed, a trial doesn't even occur. Seeing Bob on the street again, another Cop arrests him and places him in jail again.

Bob is upset about this as he was going to retire from the force anyway, but now this Jim incident is ruining his bad name. He says that the judge has provided him with a way out of Jail, however the other members of the force do not think he should be allowed out. If any other normal citizen had done what Bob had done they would be locked up for the rest of their lives. What makes Bob any different?

I have a little story to go with that, a cop cant hold some one with out a warrant for arrest which is signed by the judge so no matter what the cop thinks bob still goes free with out that warrant, and what makes bob different , well i guess he has friends in the right places, is it fair, well probaly not but hey a judge is the higher power,

now how do you fix the bad judge well you elect a new one, how do you fix jason well you play a different game
papa~smurf
Forum Addict
Alliance: fool killer
Race: human

i got a rope, and my uncle has a tree.......

honestly people.........

i understand that the lost of the temple will effect your ability to apply for that grant for Yale, cripple your ability to maintain a solid relationship and cause your whole family to no longer be recived in to the house of worship of your choosing.

clarky really now...........

you know u have become a polarizing figure, so why keep the flames lapping. Really, not very mature asking questions to create more dramaramma. move on and with godspeed. Really, take your victories and loses with the steadfastness that speaks of great men.

could the ombus just answer the question please, or at lest look into it, so we can all move on.
Easy^ Rocks
ramen07
Forum Expert
Alliance: Forgotten Prospects
Race: Paisano

papa~smurf wrote:clarky really now...........

you know u have become a polarizing figure, so why keep the flames lapping. Really, not very mature asking questions to create more dramaramma. move on and with godspeed. Really, take your victories and loses with the steadfastness that speaks of great men.

could the ombus just answer the question please, or at lest look into it, so we can all move on.

I see your point, but if I felt I was unjustly banned after I was unbanned by the highest authority on the forums, I would ask questions too.

The GM banning Clarkey after his unbanning by the Admins is clearly an undermining of authority. Or perhaps an example of misinformation between the Mods and Admins. Either way, Clarkey's most recent ban is unjust.
Jack wrote:That's the General folk for ya, always serious with a stick shoved up their ass
General Riviera wrote:You should stop being a spoon, read the forum rules and abide by the them. At least if you choose not to, learn how to break the rules in style.
papa~smurf
Forum Addict
Alliance: fool killer
Race: human

and.........................what ?

he says he leaving the game

all this dose is make a drama with no positive effect for the forum and it's users

Do admin and mods some time not communicate the best dah, welcome to these boards.

do mods act sometime swiftly with the best interest of every one, only to be challenged, ya,

but honestly, what the end game here ?

he wants to know who ban him,
for god sake, some one fall on the sword and lets move on
Easy^ Rocks
Psi Kiya Trist
The Timeless One
ID: 4266

Honours and Awards

Mordack wrote:You're allowed to use that test account to post a goodbye thread, not as a replacement for your old one.

an admin says your old account is toast.

unwarranted ban? i think not.
buck wrote:well psi, upkeeping order in the universe does play its tricks on your mind...
ƒëmmë ƒatalë
Fragment o' Forum
Race: SL temptress
ID: 38112
Alternate name(s): cleo_catra
temptress
seraphim

:-k

how can any admin/mod see themselves above the owner of forum and game Jason.

Jason unbanned Clarkey's account.. I would think he (Jason) would have the final say :?
When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won.
There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.
Think of it--always
Mahatma Gandhi
sixty five kills on Ascended ;)
The Forum Rules
Mods and their sections

Return to “Case Archives”