Unwarranted banning

Ombudsman Case Archives
Clarkey Reborn
Forum Newbie

Unwarranted banning

I never planned to actually report this, but as some people are claiming I am currently evading a ban, i felt i should report this because it is not a legitimate ban.

I was banned around the 23rd November for my deletion of certain accounts and forum sections. I was banned by Solus. He did the right thing in banning me.

I had spoken to Jason later telling him that I was responsible for what happened, who then spoke to the other forum admins and I was then unbanned by Zeratul.

I then logged back on to the forums after I was unbanned using my Clarkey account and had a few PM exchanges with all 3 admins (Zer, Baz and Mordack). We had a bit of a discussion.

A few hours later I find my Clarkey account banned with the message:

You have been permanently banned from this board.

Please contact the Board Administrator for more information.

Reason given for ban: Don't let the door hit you on the way out

A ban has been issued on your username.

I spoke to Baz and he had no idea that I had been banned since being unbanned.

Apparently a GM banned my account without authorisation of a forum admin, or as a result of me breaking the rules since my previous ban and receiving any warnings.

I believe Ombudsman that if you check my User Notes you will find no notes or verbal warnings or official warnings etc.

I don't know which GM banned my account.

But i would like to know why they banned my account after Jason and the Forum Admins unbanned my account. What after that warranted my account being banned. I feel that a GM personally felt I should not have been unbanned and chose on a personal level to ignore the fact that the admins had unbanned me and chose to use their GM powers to ban me for personal reasons.
Forum Admin : GateWars BattleCorp - Join Now!
Jim
Pony Princess
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Asgard
ID: 45162
Alternate name(s): Bucephalus
Kishin

Re: Unwarranted banning

Even before reading this. Just to let everyone know this thread will be strictly modded.

Edit:
Please keep spam out! Think before you post here.
3 Verbal warnings issued for this thread so far.
Clarkey Reborn
Forum Newbie

Earendil wrote:There was no reason as to why you were unbanned, not one, someone was unbanned a day earlier prematurely so i'm sure the GM thought just that.

Now, if you must.

Section 9: Exceptional circumstances.
In the very rare event that a user causes an extremely large disturbance to the community, the administration reserves the right to place a ban on that user until the problem can be resolved. Users banned in such a way will be told and will have the right to appeal to the Ombudsperson.

Extreme circumstances..... yes I was banned.... then unbanned.

Users banned in such a way will be told..... who told me?????
Reschef
Forum Elder
Alliance: ~Ricos Warlords~ (retired)
Race: System Lord
ID: 37648

Earendil wrote:There was no reason as to why you were unbanned, not one, someone was unbanned a day earlier prematurely so i'm sure the GM thought just that.

Now, if you must.

In the very rare event that a user causes an extremely large disturbance to the community, the administration reserves the right to place a ban on that user until the problem can be resolved. Users banned in such a way will be told and will have the right to appeal to the Ombudsperson.

The administration (the actually highest authority of the administration of this forum) unbanned Clarkey ... your argument is kinda invalid.
Last edited by Reschef on Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler
Borek wrote: No one ever died from playing SGW, although i think some of the whiners may come close to drowning in their own tears :roll:
ImageImage
odji nsu
Forum Expert
ID: 0

Reason given for ban: Don't let the door hit you on the way out

that right there is bull and very unprofessional , try that bs with me and im sure the ones making money of this game would be very unhappy
Clarkey Reborn
Forum Newbie

Earendil wrote:
Reschef wrote:

Now, if you must.

The administration unbanned Clarkey ... your argument is kinda invalid.

did you actually read my entire post? Not just skip over parts so you could see what you wanted to?

clarkey_test wrote:

Now, if you must.

Extreme circumstances..... yes I was banned.... then unbanned.

Users banned in such a way will be told..... who told me?????

considering what all went on that day with the forums crashing, people trying to fix/sort out the mess you made, tough **Filtered** if no one told you right away

Right away? Don't give me some BS that someone would have eventually told me.
Reschef
Forum Elder

Earendil wrote:
Reschef wrote:

Now, if you must.

The administration (the actually highest authority of the administration of this forum) unbanned Clarkey ... your argument is kinda invalid.

did you actually read my entire post? Not just skip over parts so you could see what you wanted to?

Yes I did and I just wanted to annotate that rule 9 is no reason for the bann as the admins unbanned Clarkey and I'm sure they would have the final say in such a descision.
And if the GM in question just banned Clarkey because he didn't have all the info, then that's ok and I'm sure the Ombudsman will resolve this case. Oh and I also gotta say that it seems to me some mods here are rather quick with deciding who to ban or unban ... doesn't really seem like there are actual team-descisions made in tougher cases but rather single mods doing what they want without getting a 2nd opinion.
Spoiler
Borek wrote: No one ever died from playing SGW, although i think some of the whiners may come close to drowning in their own tears :roll:
ImageImage
Clarkey Reborn
Forum Newbie

Earendil wrote:You know someone would of, so don't pull the innocent or ignorant card. Things to get told, yes it might of taken a few hours while things were sorted and people actually told others what was going on.

Give me the reason why the person in question did not tell me straight away why i was banned?

What prevented them from telling me?... don't use the excuse because my account was banned therefore could not read my PMs.

Again, what was the reason for my banning????
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

You're allowed to use that test account to post a goodbye thread, not as a replacement for your old one. I did not expect to see you posting elsewhere in the forums. Therefore, I am locking this topic.

If anybody has a problem with this, then they're welcome to speak to me about it.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

I'm unlocking this thread after a discussion with Jim. Clarkey is within his rules to object to his ban, and it is the prerogative of the ombudsman to hear his case.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
Jim
Pony Princess
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Asgard
ID: 45162
Alternate name(s): Bucephalus
Kishin

Unlocked for now. Few more opinions needed.
1 person has already received verbal warning for spam in this thread so keep it civil and on topic.
Clarkey Reborn
Forum Newbie

Man Called Jim wrote:Unlocked for now. Few more opinions needed.

Preferably from the GM that banned me.
Just to make it clear, my questions are:

Who banned me?
Why was I banned after being unbanned by Jason and Administration.
What do my User Notes say?
Why am i still banned when my ban was not legitimate?
odji nsu
Forum Expert

ok see if i can do this with out getting another warning, lol

Last time i checked,(yeah you all do this free) but dosent admins and the owner(jason i thought) have the last say, So as I see it if they unbanned him then someone banned him with out him having the proper merits against him is wrong and unjust, As far as I see it none of you have the right to undo what administration or jason dose cause you all are just mods not owners or administration

I now go to watch my mail box to see if i get another warning
Reschef
Forum Elder

as the topic is unlocked now I'll post this here thinking it is on topic (sent it as PM but this way others can post their opinion too):

Earendil wrote:rather quick to ban or unban ](*,)

Yes, I (at least) am quick to ban someone when they reach their 3rd/6th...etc.. warning. so your point?

I was refering to cases like the banning of GunZ.
If people actually break rules then they deserve a banning (everyone should be granted a 2nd chance though, I don't think you disagree on that one with me ... and yes that means Clarkey deserves one too ;) ).
Anyway, I don't have acces to the internal mod section of the forum or to MSN / IRC / whatever convos between mods so I was just telling about what I've been reading lately and came to the conclusion that some more team-descisions maybe would have led to better results.

- Reschef
Spoiler
ImageImage
KnowLedge
Forum Elite
Race: Lord of all Daimon

u definitely deserve it after what you did Clarkey!

and u should be permabanned for evading the ban!

and then when December ends, i think the mods should let him come back with a NEW account, ( does that remind of something)

cause he actually does help the forum.
ask me anything, i shell provide you free knowledge

Untrained Units Sold : 1245 Million UU

Am I a Good trader??
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=114491
HellGirl is my **Filtered**!

Return to “Case Archives”