Raiding

For discussion on balance, bugs, likes, dislikes of recently released features.
samson1111
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

Re: Raiding

actually the ranking update made massing on ascended easier.

question is, what is cheaper/ better for u to get into rank 3000 and get a cool rank modifier b4 massin?

A: sell every income planet... train them as spies(or whatever planets, that can be teraformed) get low on ranks... mass some1 retrain income planets with the DMU from the weaps

or

B: sell every def, attack weaps, untrain spy, assasin planets... to gain that rank and mass the enemy

I think the rank update made easier to mass some1. It takes the strategy out of the game and I have to agree with Nigatsu, who'd try to play ascended if there is such a little progress possibility
BELISKNER
Forum Expert
Alliance: Lone Wolf ~ Ex-Dirty Dozen
Race: Ancient
ID: 6116

Welcome to Main V2.0 where you can't destroy anyone because that is what Ascended is currently!

This update along with the new ranking system will make more and more people sell DMU and this is the final nail in the coffin of boredom that is Ascension.

It reminds me of Formula 1 where if the weather is really bad a safety car comes on and you can't overtake or anything, you just have to follow behind it in single file as you are.
We Fought Together, We Died Together

Play NOW!!

Dirty Dozen - The End of an Era
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

I don't like the ranking change.

I preferred being able to control your own rank with your stats, and to alter them in accordance with your own strategy. The rankings will be very static now.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
AI_
Fledgling Forumer

yay now i can be bored here too :?

okay so now how are people going to grow with this raiding and ranking update? this essentially makes farming DMU impossible for the higher ranked people and cant raid income planets anymore. by the time i untrain enough income planets with initiate revolution any active person (the only ones worth hitting) would notice and simply retrain them!!! so lets see, no raiding, no farming, no trading because its ascension.... oooh yay we have CER!!! but oh wait, if everyone is only doing CER now wont the ranks stay almost EXACTLY THE SAME! especially for the top 30, unless we make a HUGE ascension NOTHING is going to change. i hope these things get changed... otherwise this server will become quite boring :(
Dirty Dozen Command Staff
Funky White Boy
Forum Irregular

I don't like the rank change, it takes away tactical use of rank modifiers to make you more difficult to hit etc.
Not sure about raid yet but this may enable non DDE, DD, Omega allainces some chance of catching up because before our accounts would be raided away if they had enough resource planets.

I think it has taken away some of the tactical strategies I used. No it is a game of develop as many income planets as possible in the knowledge they are now safe from raiding
Taure
Forum Irregular
Race: Asuran
ID: 25525

The way I see it is this: the way ascension was before the raid update, forced everyone to be a stat builder. You had to have a huge defence, Covert, Command Star and Assasin count in comparison to your income in order to protect that income from being raided away. If you were massed, you were screwed, 'cos you would not only lose all the stats that took you weeks at your level of income to build up, but also you lost the ability to rebuild cos your income would get raided.

In Main, power is measured not by a persons current stats, but their ability to build stats at a fast rate, and recover from a massing at a fast rate. Thats the way it should be.

So this update is an anti-stat builder update.

Since we're all in agreement that stat building is for n00bs, I think we must all be in agreement that the raiding update is good :)
Sinister
Forum Irregular

The raiding update is great. This was a major issue for alot of people who did nothing but complain about hot screwed up ascention is. Now im just wondering what excuse erm.. problem they will have now. Not a fan of the ranking change though.
If your soldiers fear you, they'll fight for you. If they love you, they'll die for you.
Raven
Forum Elite

Sinister wrote:The raiding update is great. This was a major issue for alot of people who did nothing but complain about hot screwed up ascention is. Now im just wondering what excuse erm.. problem they will have now. Not a fan of the ranking change though.

Well a new excuse would be that people still dont have a fair chance to get closer as incomes are just way to big .....
this update also came way to late....
Former Member of The Legion
'Terrorists of SGW'
Nigatsu_Aka
Forum Elder

Raven wrote:
Sinister wrote:The raiding update is great. This was a major issue for alot of people who did nothing but complain about hot screwed up ascention is. Now im just wondering what excuse erm.. problem they will have now. Not a fan of the ranking change though.

Well a new excuse would be that people still dont have a fair chance to get closer as incomes are just way to big .....

This update shouldn`t had to come, if you still hoped to have a chance to come up. Now the server is practicaly closed. Kaput!!! End of story!!!
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

I still think the "raid limit" should have been tied to your CER but thats me. I think the raiding update is a good thing since deascention was so poorly handled but like deascention its too little too late.

Yes the server is dead, it was dead, and will most likely remain dead.

There should no longer be a rank modifier if rank is not tied to your stats. And ranks will change little to none now. There is no longer a reason to ascend. I was preparing for a massive ascention myself but I'll wait now for a couple months to even see if there will be a point or not.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Olsson/The Justice
Fledgling Forumer

im not happy about update
RobinInDaHood
Forum Elite
Race: Vulpes
ID: 75697

Lore wrote: I was preparing for a massive ascention myself but I'll wait now for a couple months to even see if there will be a point or not.

I was working on my second ascension as well but I'll hold off for now and see what happens.
Raven
Forum Elite

Nigatsu_Aka wrote:
Raven wrote:

This update shouldn`t had to come, if you still hoped to have a chance to come up. Now the server is practicaly closed. Kaput!!! End of story!!!

we never had a chance to catch unless alot of things get changed the whole structure of ascensions gives bigger players the edge on everything ......

This update prolly will give some people a reason to play again as they wont get raided whenever anyone feels like it....
Former Member of The Legion
'Terrorists of SGW'
Nigatsu_Aka
Forum Elder

Raven wrote:we never had a chance to catch unless alot of things get changed the whole structure of ascensions gives bigger players the edge on everything ......

This update prolly will give some people a reason to play again as they wont get raided whenever anyone feels like it....

Oh yes, you did had a chance to catch up if would have made your account not worthing to be raidable. That is available for all. How come that TO never complained about being raided? That`s because they played with their brains.

I don`t have any reasons to play this server anymore... and i explained it why, in a post above this one.

@Lore, yes you are and not right about the rank modifier. Right because of your argument and wrong because it still "helps" for descentions.
Hensenshi
Strange Soldier

Rank modifiers are stupid, I should be able to descend who ever the heck(wanted to use another word) I dang(wanted to use another word again) well please. If I want to descend the idiot who's got the lowest influence but has been playing for long enough to be descended, then I should be able to. The rank mod just means that the people who chose to ascend quickly and did nothing with their ascended account are given the upper hand. Those of us who ascended to play ascended and spent massive resources are screwed. We lost resources in main, and we have no way to use those resources we spent so hard to make our ascended accounts powerful. This update just makes it even worse.

Return to “Discussion on Released Enhancements”