Raiding

For discussion on balance, bugs, likes, dislikes of recently released features.
~Phoenix~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Unaligned
Race: Immortal

Raiding

Well, its kinda solved now.

Im happy with it :)
Lajh
Forum Regular
ID: 0

Re: Raiding

its cool now
I wrote: Why do people put quotes in their signatures?
http://www.lajh.youaremighty.com/
~Phoenix~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Unaligned
Race: Immortal

Came way too late tho. The damage has already been done.
samson1111
Forum Irregular

I like the raiding part, but I dont like the rankings by influence.

I think it takes a lot of strategy from the game. Those with a lot of influence now cant be lower ranked, and will be more vulnerable for descending, while the small players, with little stats... will be nearly imposible to descend :(.

I hope there is a limit on how many times can u be revolted per a set preiod of time
Hells__Angel
Forum Elder

I like it. But too think that it has come too late.
RobinInDaHood
Forum Elite
Race: Vulpes
ID: 75697

I like the raiding change. The ranking thing is a little odd but I'm willing to try it. My rank jumped by over 200 and it put me outside of the 2 turns/turn range which kind of sucks. The change in turn generation was supposed to give newbie players a better shot at being able to grow faster but right now I'm on par with the rank 1 guy on number of turns generated even though my account suxxors.

We'll see how it plays out. Going to have to be even more careful now with turns.
Taure
Forum Irregular
Race: Asuran
ID: 25525

I don't care that it may be too late for me to catch up with the bigger guys, I can now grow without (too much) fear. Though I can't compete with the higher ranks, perhaps this will get the lower ranked people playing amongst eachother :)

Thank you admin!
Chris M
Forum Expert
Race: System Lord
ID: 13122

the raiding one i like, but havent tested. but i will go out on a limb and say its good

not too keen on the rankings one. not that i dont like being rank 29 with no attack, but i have little change to improve that much. when i built my strike i was top 10, now i could have my strike and still be 29... i know rank doesnt mean much but its a nice touch to see a better number

take ranks back to the way they were before for us to see, but behind the scenes everything is calc'd in the rankings now (who we can/cannot raid) essentially use the old rankings as a mask to make players feel better

now, newer player dont have much chance to reach high ranks and will give up because they cant get over 1k, no matter if all other ranks are 500ish
the truth hurts only if you know it
RETIRED
RobinInDaHood
Forum Elite

Additionally, the turn accumulator threshold should probably be revisited with the change in ranking. There is a huge gap between rank 1 and rank 800 and yet they both get 1 turn every 30 minutes.
Hensenshi
Strange Soldier

RobinInDaHood wrote:Additionally, the turn accumulator threshold should probably be revisited with the change in ranking. There is a huge gap between rank 1 and rank 800 and yet they both get 1 turn every 30 minutes.

That's not true. I'm getting 3 turns a click right now. Have been since the update came in. I believe admin changed it so that everyone gets 3.
RobinInDaHood
Forum Elite

Well, color me embarrassed. I didn't watch the counter closely enough. :oops:
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Taure wrote: perhaps this will get the lower ranked people playing amongst eachother

I like and agree with this thought. The raiding is good.

I dont understand the ranking tho????

You already can't see people on the same level as you with the covert the way it is set up now. Without the rank to reflect military strength you are truely attacking blind now. Also you will see little to no change in ranks as the higher up the ranks you are the faster you can raise your CER and thus your influence. This will lead to no one really losing any rank unless they are massed and forced to repair or become inactive. The players who simply pump more DMU into their CER will be the only ones gaining rank.

In one way I like it as now I can and will sell my strike and go back to farming as I can now afford it. Also Rank truely means absolutely nothing now.

But at least its movement so I'm willing to try it out and see how it is.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Hells__Angel
Forum Elder

I like the idea ranking idea, you can clearly see how strong you are compared to others.

Rank may mean a lot less now, but you can see how much progress you are making. Its basicly a big race :-D I LOVE IT
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Hells__Angel wrote:I like the idea ranking idea, you can clearly see how strong you are compared to others.

Rank may mean a lot less now, but you can see how much progress you are making. Its basicly a big race :-D I LOVE IT

A race it is but it is a race to grow. As I said you will see little change in ranks I think as someone who is bigger then you will grow faster then you. Someone littler then you will grow slower.

But its a change and ascended needed it badly.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Nigatsu_Aka
Forum Elder

Lore wrote:
Hells__Angel wrote:I like the idea ranking idea, you can clearly see how strong you are compared to others.

A race it is but it is a race to grow. As I said you will see little change in ranks I think as someone who is bigger then you will grow faster then you. Someone littler then you will grow slower.

But its a change and ascended needed it badly.

I personaly didn`t needed this. I realise that i was a fool struggling to do every ascention with an average of 30k to raw, loosing millions of UUs everytime, to become a stronger ascended being... for what? everything i did is now in vain... i can`t descend anyone, i can`t grow faster than those above me, i can`t do anything. In my opinion this is a step back in the server.

To those who fool themselves that this is for the best of the ascention server, i will tell you this: wait until you get massed (if that will happen) and you will see how slow you will recover compared to the top ones and then you will realize that the gap will be even larger.

To those who don`t care about ascention server: you rock!!!

My conclusion: what was supposed to be a very good server, a server for those who like strategy, will turn into a server even more boring than before, because you can`t do anything else than build defences with the pathetic 2-50mil DMU per turn and hope that you will not be farmed for that.
What i hope, is that there won`t be implemented the cross server trading between Ascended and Main... at least let the people do their good ascentions everytime they want to boost their accounts.

Return to “Discussion on Released Enhancements”