Real bugs

Nohusuro

PHP

The only problem with php is the maths, as far as I know, if you are to make a game where users can get money or spend money selling things or buying things then you have to make sure that NOTHING can be parsed which is a mathematical function or symbol. Other that the numbers 0-9 obviously.
Nohusuro
Forum Newbie
ID: 0

bug Report.

I am currently working with forum to test and check this bug, work is currently in progress to remove this bug. Details about it are disclosed until further notice.

Thanks - Nohusuro
Knowledge is power!
curiousmanners
Fledgling Forumer

As much as I don't like Silent Todd he deserved to be on Top I don't think that taking some weapons are severe enough punishment they should be bumped down in weapons and rank severely
chunkysoup
Forum Intermediate

k dont kno if you already talked about this or not, but i strongly believe the following users (at least) are strongly cheating:

robbie_c10000
Nohusuro (ok he admitted it himself, and apparently he's working to fix it)
phil macrackin

None of these players were in the top 50 two days ago and now they're top twenty? and phil macrackin is #2??? Also, I'm only ranked top 200 spy level and I can see both of their army sizes and naq - quite improbably that someone with spy level under 200 is in the top 20 in over all rank... Please fix these issues, trace down the cheaters, and punish them cause this takes all the fun out of the game. Thanks.
Nohusuro
Forum Newbie

More bugs..

While I have been talking to forum we have been able to conjointly solve a numerous amount of bugs withing the system. Some severe and some not so severe, but none the less they are slowly all getting fixed.

Some of the bugs were as follows:

The ability to set your officer cash rate less than 0% enabling you to take naquidah away from your officers.

The ability to create a character that does not have a race.

and many many more.

Rest assured these have all been fixed and we are still working on finding more bugs to help prevent further cheating incidents.

Thanks - Nohusuro.
Knowledge is power!
phil macrackin

RESENT BEING ACCUSED OF CHEATING

I CAN ASSURE U I WAS NOT AWARE I WAS CHEATING
i never devised a method of aquiring naq
i saw someone with lots and attacked them
if i was a cheat i would have used one of those clicking sites for more men
because as some users may testify i sent out a few messages requesting
troops to man the aquired equipment and help bolster my covert capability
i can assure u i got to number 17-19 the same way everyone else did
(for all knew he accumulated it under that protection umbrella remember VJ He accumulated some 2million this way)
and as this was a bug quite rightly i have been reduced but way too much
through no fault of my own
i for one are considering packing this game in unless i am reinstated with what i had previously plus a small amount which i would have had)

and for robbie he was 15 at one point anyway and as far as i am aware he did not benefit from the naq i got from aatacking someone only ELUSIVE benefited has he been reset i have not heard a **Filtered** bird about him
Nohusuro
Forum Newbie

What are you complaining about, it was clear that klosus had cheated by attacking you take part in that bug.

You are not a direct cheater but you took advantage through someone who was, and still you are at rank 2.
Knowledge is power!

(chunkysoup again here)

been informed that robbiec1000 or whatever has been that high for a while, my apologies, must have missed him...
but yea klosus is another one i was thinking of, he's top 30 right now and has only 80 troops? and terrible covert capacity... not likely
curiousmanners
Fledgling Forumer

ok chunky its good that u realized the error in your ways by accusing the innocent robbie is my commander and Nohusuro admitted to cheating cuz he found a huge bug that he hacked only to tell admin to fix and don't post accusations everywhere only post in one place now go and clear the innocent names in other post
phil macrackin

klosus was the one who originaly had all the naq
i stumbled on him after checking out a covert mission on me
he was i beleive an officer of nohusuro
phil macrackin

klosus was the one who originaly had all the naq
i stumbled on him after checking out a covert mission on me
he was i beleive an officer of nohusuro

ps i have been informed by elusive that admin contacted him
my e-mail isnt working cos i am in process of changing broadband isp
and there is a clich anyway will advise of new email so u can resend cheers
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

a word from admin

ok folks... here it comes.
firstly - apologies for forum absence -- I have been working to fix bugs as quickly as they come up. Now -the one in question with formulas is by far the worst, although with a seemingly quite talented 'hacker' (benevolent maybe... but anyways...) -- I have been putting a lot of work into "hardening" the code and site even more...
I think we have come a LONG way in doing so!! In fact, I'd be suprised if any more MAJOR bugs were found... . (in fact - i bet with lessons learned here many could go find any php program to hack :( )

Ok - now - stepping lightly away from everything that could be considered my fault for 'allowing' to happen ... and onto the question of "what's been done to fix the impact this had" and "what now" ....

Players who benefitted from the hack, or I thought used the hack, have been reduced in not only weapons, but skill level, army size, etc... in effect across the board...
The bugs have been eliminated.
The SG World has moved back to the natural way it should be, with those who combatted to their status ...

what is left to be done? One player, who has benefitted indirectly, has been given the opportunity to determine how their gain will be "ungained" - ie which Naq purchased effects will be undone.... this is ongoing but will happen.

I apologize to those that I "reduced" who did not hack directly, but benefited from attacking the Naq-bloated realm... if you feel you've been reduced too much - PM or email me (mailto:admin@stargatewars.com) and let me know what you think you should have at this point... I will check the logs, and adjust as necessary....

I am 100% commited to running a fair and bug free game. Rank must be EARNED, and this will always be upheld!
Hacking is a reality on the web, but so are defensive measures!! I believe this game now has a VERY VERY strong defensive rank! ;) ......

I apologize for this 'temporary chaos' but it is better to get this over with early, and not have to worry about it again :) I also think with the one exception above that the major damage has been undone.....

Again - anyone feels unfairly treated, just PM or email me....

admin
Jack Oneill
Forum Newbie

Woot.
World Power 3:
Link: Soon (TM)

Gloria:
Link: http://p200.ezboard.com/bgamegoddess

Star Wars sim:
Currently under construction. Link soon TM

Please send me a instant message if any of these sim's interest you.
nasedo
Forum Grunt

No offense Forum but aside fom slapping them on the wrist and reducing them to their before hack status no one has been punished!

If said it many times before, there is no point having a set of rules which say
Illegal:

POSTING YOUR LINK IN StarGate Wars CHAT OR THE StarGate Wars FORUMS
Attempting to Hack/Packet the server or Abusing security holes (if any).
ONLY ONE ACCOUNT per person. Having more than one account because you have more than one computer or because a friend registered an account and gave it to you is cheating. You can have more than one account from the same IP/computer, as long as you are not sharing information to such a degree that you are effectively one combined player (we have scripts to check for this type of behaviour from the same IP/computer)
Sharing passwords with other people and logging into accounts that are not yours
Posting your link in chat rooms, newsgroups, message boards, or forums unless it is explicitly allowed by the owner/operator of the chat room, newsgroup, message board, forum, etc..
E-mailing your link to people whom you do not know, or to e-mail lists or "reflectors".
Posting your link on a forum where it is against that forum's policies or off-topic
Registering an email address that is not yours.
Registering multiple accounts.
Using link trading sites. (sites that exist simply to have people click links, having nothing to do specifically with this game.)
Advertising your link on adult sites.
Sending your link to people you do not know.
Sending the link to an e-mail reflector or USENET group.
Putting your link in popup windowss, inside any frame, or using redirects.
Using a script/program or ANY AUTOMATED PROCESS to automatically gain recruits.
Using proxy servers to generate fake hits.
Having an AUTOMATED PROCESS to repeatedly request pages on the server.
Using scripts that fetch information off the StarGate Wars website.
Signing up with false email addresses.
Enforcement:

If you are caught doing any of the above, your account will either be suspended or terminated.
If you get caught trying to Hack/Packet or Abuse the server, you will be banned and your ISP will be contacted. Be warned!

If your not going to enforce these rules. The clicksite thing got a fix but no one was punished, Multi accouts have been brought to your attention but still no fix or punishment and now sever hacking that caused alot of distress and still no punishment.

There is no reason for anyone else not to cheat if they know there just going to get a slap on the wrist and sent back to where they started if they get caught.
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

the only problem with the 'rules' enforcement is that the people who benefited did not actually break the rules... they legally attacked another .... (who did break rules) but did not themselves break them...

so for THIS problem - they don't really answer the issue... .

what happened to the rule breaker? account reset. to be fair - he did provide me his hacks, so that they were fixed... this is no small thing, even if chaos was caused, as not telling would be far more chaotic!!

Clicksite - what happened? OK - I can tell you now :) ... every click that the clicksite got REDUCED military by one, instead of adding it...

As for multi'es -- I am creating a preventative system, automated, so that the problem goes away for everyone, for all time.... I can try and chase down the individuals that are obvious, but think time better spent doing it right, once, and for all :)

We are getting there...trying to do it right so that the game protects itself (and does not need an admin to see all, be everywhere... that is hard :) ) ...

Can I make harsher punishment... yes.. ...point taken.

and it will get there :)

Return to “Bugs Archive”