Real bugs

Nohusuro

Real bugs

Everything on the game which takes off something or adds something on, such as when you attack or deposit money is all vulnerable to the way php parses mathematic symbols. You can gain as much gold as many mercs and as many attacks as you want by forging the input to the php file with mathematical functions.

Now this is a real bug.
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

Re: Real bugs

not any more....

Nohusuro wrote:Everything on the game which takes off something or adds something on, such as when you attack or deposit money is all vulnerable to the way php parses mathematic symbols. You can gain as much gold as many mercs and as many attacks as you want by forging the input to the php file with mathematical functions.

Now this is a real bug.
curiousmanners
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0

LMAO :lol: That was hillarious
SGC_Replicators

LOL LOLOLOLOLOLO L

fastest bug fix
GhostyGoo
Forum Addict
Alliance: 5PYM45T3R
Race: HE WHO KEEPS ME HERE
Location: ZOOMING THROUGH YOUR EGO AT A ZILLION MILES AN HOUR

Honours and Awards

SGC_Replicators wrote:LOL LOLOLOLOLOLO L

fastest bug fix

With great power comes great responsibility, with great responsibility comes a great big bag full of eyes...
...with a great big bag full of eyes comes very fast bug fixes :)

Goo, eyes everywhere.
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
GhostyGoo wrote:Yesno.
the3rdlibra wrote:if it's a silly turnip head competition you want, i'm going to decline as i think i may have met my match in you vegetable brains.
Cersei Lannister wrote:Debasing? I am not the one drawing crazy pictures of force fielded stick figures.
Energise
Magical Monkeys & Grapefruit Migration:|:Hallowed are the Gò.Ó'ri™ **fixed**

is this why there are like 3 people in the top 10 that weren't even in the top 50 like 4 days ago?
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

FYI - I have also reduced the weapons of those who I believe used this bug....
only 4 people total... so a good early catch ... special thank to Nohusuro for pointing it out.....

cheers
admin.
Nohusuro

Bug

Nice quick fix there, I have re-tested the bugs with multiple formulas and so far none have seemed to work. In order to see if there are any ways to exploit it though I would have to look at the replacement formula that you used in the php file thanks.

If you have an msn messenger address please send it to me via email.
Fox
Forum Grunt

Anonymous wrote:is this why there are like 3 people in the top 10 that weren't even in the top 50 like 4 days ago?

I didnt see an answer to this so I thought I would post it again. I sure hope that if these people used that bug arnt going to be allowed to stay there. I worked to get where I am (with a little bit of "support") but if they are allowed to stay there, my interest in the game would drop of the map. I would not play a game in which people that used a known bug to advance their way up the ranks and are allowed to stay there.
Last edited by Fox on Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE SAZ
Fledgling Forumer

I agree. Some of us work hard to get where we are, we get knocked down, we make our way back up, we get knocked down, and again we climb. It doesnt seem fair if some people are untouchable. I understand the supporter status, its fair enough that advantages can be gained (to an extent) through that. However players who have gotten to where they are by cheating should not be allowed to remain where they are. This will piss of alot of people, the most of who used to be up there and actually earned to right to be there. If this isnt dealt with soon, unfortunatly theres gonna be alot of unhappy camper. And that's a shame, cause I love this game! :D I'd hate to see it get a bad name.

Saz

Be careful of who you choose to attack. Choose wrongly, and face the wrath that is THE SAZ.
Furling
Forum Newbie

she´s right, we already lost some good players with this, the3libra went down and took concour with him, and some others are thinking of quiting too, something must be done to this guys, they wont even come here to defend themselves, just proves their guilty as hell
Fox
Forum Grunt

I feel I should mention this just in case. If I am wrong then I appoligize and commend him/her. The is someone in the top that hits both offensivly and defensivly for almost 5 million damage.
Nohusuro

Cheater

I am a self confessed cheater, I had to be able to test the bug in order to be able to report it, and as I have not had anything taken off me is not up for me to decide, personally I do not feel I have the right to remain in the top ten with me 61 offensive/defensive weapons. I do not deserve them, even if in the long run I helped the game out from preventing other cheaters using this bug and not reporting it.

Nohusuro
Nohusuro

Cheating!

Infact I am such a cheater that I have found another very important bug, and I would appreciate it if you could get in touch with me please admin.

Thanks - Nohusuro.
Fox
Forum Grunt

Re: Cheating!

Nohusuro wrote:Infact I am such a cheater that I have found another very important bug, and I would appreciate it if you could get in touch with me please admin.

Thanks - Nohusuro.

You had best be carefull...You might just end up earning some respect around me... :)

Return to “Bugs Archive”