Immoral and Unethical Use Of Symbols within Forum.

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Re: Immoral and Unethical Use Of Symbols within Forum.

FreeSpirit, as it is the decision of those mods, I am sure my concerns will be addressed. I was not aware that the mods are discussing it.

I hope, they are able to realise I am not trying to be a pain.

Please feel free to close this but if somebody could come to me with an answer or explaination, I would be greatful! ToToRo, I will keep you updated :)

I am open for discussion on this, I have spoken to many people today about it. Thank you for the constructive talks so far!...If anybody wants to continue it further!

WOB-Mattreed1986@hotmail.co.uk
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?

I think this is sig worthy in fact.
:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
Colton
Forum Elder
Alliance: ~Leaf Village~
Race: Canadian
ID: 1938534

If I may..

Honestly, by oppressing any and all images from yourself and those around you that at one point in history, represented hate, torture, and death.. you're not only taking away the ability for people to learn from humanity's mistakes, but also in the end, you lose. You lose because deep down your feelings of being "offended" can translate into simple fear. Fear of that.. "system" being brought back into the world. Let me ask you something, how did the Nazi's control people?

If you feel offended by something on these forums, there is ALWAYS the Foe List, and I'm sure it wouldn't take more than five minutes to go find a decent image blocker. If that doesn't satisfy you, there is always in-game justice, if you're into that sort of thing :?
FreeSpirit
Writer of the Gamestory
Alliance: Forgotten Prospects Leader
Race: Tollan/ Jedi
ID: 1947914
Alternate name(s): Wes

Marshall as I said it on MSN I will ask jason about it in the mod meet and I will also ask one of the other mods to bring it up in case i cant attend the meet.
2008 award
Quotes & Stats
Noobert wrote:You encounter a Wild FreeSpirit. You flee.
Drahazar wrote:woop freespirit getting things done, forceful yet kind, the perfect lover ...
GoAG of the Tolah - TOE - TUS - TUN - TUK
RoKeT
Forum Zombie
Race: The King Jaffa

thank you, for keeping me updated it means alot to me, and i have started a petition just incase it does get to that i don't mind wasting my breath on a thing this important to me :D
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

Field Marshall wrote:Please feel free to reassign the other point. I'm sorry, but I spend a lot less time on forums and it's difficult for me to address every point you made there. I see in no point where I was childish. Stop making false accusations Jack and practice what you preach.

What? 1. I do "practice what I preach" 2. False Accusations? What false accusations? 3. I've provided sound reasoning for everything I have said, go back and actually read my posts. :roll:

Field Marshall wrote:With that said, I would like to ask you. If you were offended by something that really affected you, would you defend that honor. Do you have pride for what you stand for? Is this not my right as an individual to stand up and be counted and to relay what I believe.

Tell me, is it right Jack, that a Swastika which is being portrayed in the imagery of evil be placed proudly upon these forums?

Nothing offends me that much. You see, I grew up and stopped letting every little stupid thing hurt my feelings.

I don't believe that anyone has stopped you from stating your beliefs, we only put a stop to your hate mongering. If PoD tried to pull the same crap against you, he would have been stopped too.

And yes, I have many times defended things that have a massive negative impact on me.

ToToRo wrote:again you don't answer my question either, why is it fair that our petition be banned but his swastika fly, shouldn't it atleast be fair we petition??? if his racist flag can fly? or wouldn't it be fair to remove both??? why is it fair one stays and the other goes???

I answered your question, learn2read.

Jack wrote:There is a difference between a passive image and a highly aggressive tirade and witch hunt. No, the petition was not YET a witch hunt, but it certainly was headed there.

There is no free speech here, only that which we don't disallow.

I am done responding to irrational, uncivilized tirades. Reread the thread in it's entirety, actually bother to try and defend your side by actually addressing all the points I've put forward, then I will be back.
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
Clarkey
Multi Hunter
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

Funny how there wasn't such an uproar like this when images were being used of PedoBear.

Clearly Pedo images are much more acceptable than images of something relating to things that happend many years ago! :roll:
Image ImageImageImage
deni
The Initiate
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM
Race: Goddess
ID: 75493

Honours and Awards

Clarkey wrote:Funny how there wasn't such an uproar like this when images were being used of PedoBear.

Clearly Pedo images are much more acceptable than images of something relating to things that happend many years ago! :roll:

well Clarkey, not everyone knows what Pedobear looks like or stands for, the same cannot be said about the Hakenkreuz

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

deni wrote:
Clarkey wrote:Funny how there wasn't such an uproar like this when images were being used of PedoBear.

well Clarkey, not everyone knows what Pedobear looks like or stands for, the same cannot be said about the Hakenkreuz

But even still, those that did know, there still wasn't anything of this magnitude.

Maybe it's partly because the "abuse" was aimed at me by certain members of this forum, but I feel the pedo related images were and are a lot more offensive than this sig everyone seems to be fixated on.
Image ImageImageImage
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Jack wrote:What? 1. I do "practice what I preach" 2. False Accusations? What false accusations? 3. I've provided sound reasoning for everything I have said, go back and actually read my posts. :roll:

Where was I childish?

Field Marshall]Tell me, is it right Jack, that a Swastika which is being portrayed in the imagery of evil be placed proudly upon these forums?[/quote]

[quote="jack wrote:
Nothing offends me that much. You see, I grew up and stopped letting every little stupid thing hurt my feelings.

I don't believe that anyone has stopped you from stating your beliefs, we only put a stop to your hate mongering. If PoD tried to pull the same crap against you, he would have been stopped too.

You never answered, in your opinion is it right or wrong? It's a simple question! That and the executions of million of innocent people is hardly a little stupid thing. I am quite justified, that is why it is against the law my friend.

I never mentioned PoD, neither do I wish to. Upto now...I've not mentioned his name.

jack wrote:I am done responding to irrational, uncivilized tirades. Reread the thread in it's entirety, actually bother to try and defend your side by actually addressing all the points I've put forward, then I will be back.

Does anybody else think it is irrational and uncivilized? So far, I have had several people say you are infact the irrational one to me, privately. Sorry Jack, but don't throw your toys out the pram mate. It's a discussion, not a competition! I said, this may be closed until the moderators have made a decision and I have taken both your words and the words of many others on board. I had begun to understand a little to why the decisions that were made were partially justified. Until your "your so childish" comments started coming, which in fact has worked in the opposite effect.

I've just got home, I've printed out everything on this thread. I will go through them and will address your points...I will then reiterate mine. I am too fatigued to write here anymore.
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
muffafuffin
Forum Elite
Race: Ori

again as stated a ton of times there is that nice sig killer option so people offended by it dont have to see it and the people that dont have to see it as supporting nazi can see it as PoD intended.
Prior - Prophet - Messiah - Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG
- AGL - IAG - TAG - PTAG - LTAG - QTAG - KTAG - GAG - TOE - TUS - TUN - TUK

Koo'Keez The Tok'ra
Spoiler
Trade Feedback: http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=141353
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Clarkey wrote:
deni wrote:

But even still, those that did know, there still wasn't anything of this magnitude.

Maybe it's partly because the "abuse" was aimed at me by certain members of this forum, but I feel the pedo related images were and are a lot more offensive than this sig everyone seems to be fixated on.

Sorry for the DP but I was replying to the foresaid post...but yeah sure, you have a point. In this age I'm surprised, then again - I do not know the full implications of that, but if someone was showing or insinuating paedophilia...then they're pretty sick tbh with you.

Though, regardless of what was said and what was not said...it's not really justification for racist and explicit images on the forums, I would like to keep this on track and don't really want to go off topic, if you don't mind?

muffafuffin wrote:again as stated a ton of times there is that nice sig killer option so people offended by it dont have to see it and the people that dont have to see it as supporting nazi can see it as PoD intended.

Thanks muffafuffin for your advice, but I would rather make my point at this moment in time. Just because I cannot see it, doesn't mean I do not know that it's there.
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

Amazing,

This image still about, people still complaining and nothing being done,

If i remember not to long ago, when someone made an ANUS sig, it offended a few people and there was a massive uproar and the sig was banned, and anyone using the sig would be banned if they didnt remove it, infact the mods even went as far as to say, anyone who used the word ANUS in a sig would be warned / banned,

Yet a symbol that was used by a group of murdering bastards, who killed millions of people, * to whom some members of this community * could have relatives affected by this, is deemed ok, and some mods just tell you to suck it up and stop being childish, ( for 1 mod in particular nothing surprizes me, as there an arrogant [masking] anyway )

So for the mods/community member who are well basically pro nazi here, and think the image is fine, give yourself a pat on the backs for pretty much telling the people who it does offend to well [masking] off and suck it up.

Once again congrats.

I thank for mods who support having this image removed, sadly i think your outnumbered.

This could have been sorted by now, and well as it doesnt seem to be getting dealt with, for anyone who is offended, and are fed up at the serious lack of work being done to resolve this.

support@StarGateWars.com
gameadmin@StarGateWars.com
admin@StarGateWars.com
urgent@StarGateWars.com

Pick an email and send your concerns to a game admin who will maybe come and sort this out, as the people the game admins have put in charge are seriously dragging there feet.
Last edited by Jack on Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Masking
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"
RoKeT
Forum Zombie
Race: The King Jaffa

hi this is Eric Rock i have been playing gatewars for about 8 months now...

there is someon in the forums with a very offensive signature to me it has the nazi flag displayed on it along with other flags involving murders of millions... the communtiy has repedidly asked the mods to remove it and they refuse to... they keep saying things like grow up it should not offend you... so i come to you with no place else to go...

i would also like to tell you my story my grandfather died before i was born in WW2 trying to stop that evil man known as hitler... I am not Jewish but i do believe if i was the signature displayed would probably make me very upset... also i know it is illegal in many countrys to even display that flag even on an internet page... I am sorry for bothering you but i would also like it very much if you could take a look at some of the mods themselfs because i remember a signature that got banned for the word ANUS i personally and i think you would agree with me am far less offended by the term anus then i am but the displaying of flags that represent thousands and thousands of innocent peoples deaths thank you for the time

Eric Rock A.K.A ToToRo

i have sent that thank you for the email address i really hope he does something about these mod's :D
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

Lol warned for masking but u can have pro nazi symbols and get away with it.
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"
~[ Greased Gerbil ]~
Jack's Pet
Alliance: Just tremble...
Race: Careless Fairy
ID: 555555555

I was trying desperately to keep myself out of this argument for the time being, but now that I'm drunkies:

1. This forum is private property. Therefore the right to free speech protects you from public prosecution, but can easily get you booted from the forum. I mean, if someone came into your house and began acting in a way you felt inappropriate, you would eject them - free speech or not.

2. The symbols may be illegal in certain countries. What matters is whether the relevant authorities of this forum declare that they are illegal here.

3. Whether something was offensive hundreds or thousands of years ago is of no relevance whatsoever. What counts is whether admin deems that it is offensive now.

I say we leave this one to admin and be done with it.

That is my drunken opinion, but I'm confident I'll agree with it tomorrow.

Cheers,

GG

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”